Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesSteve Jobs has passed away 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Steve Jobs has passed away FInzoqm

Steve Jobs has passed away SInIxxP

Steve Jobs has passed away 8ZYsMSX

Steve Jobs has passed away Q1ZNvzf

Steve Jobs has passed away YtoHmfG

Steve Jobs has passed away

Go down 
+8
lemonhead75
racemaxx31
TheShermanator
AuzGrams
Shawn_82
BaltoRacing
lonewolf2864
Caleb Paul
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Steve Jobs has passed away Empty
PostSubject: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:03 am

No this isn't a joke either.. don't like Mac's and most apple stuff personally, but man this guy really helped electronics a long way.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/steve-jobs-apple-ceo-dies/story?id=14383813

RIP.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
lonewolf2864
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
lonewolf2864

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:15 am

Huge loss. He was truly someone who inspired me. The tech industry will definitely not be the same without him.
Back to top Go down
BaltoRacing
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
BaltoRacing

Number of posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:05 am

I don't think you can even make a book as to how he contributed to society. His legacy is set as one of the greatest innovators this country (and the world for that matter) has ever seen. I know he's had cancer for some time but still didn't expect it so soon, prayers and condolences to his family.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gadgefan48?feature=mhum
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:00 pm

R.I.P. The loss of someone who changed the world is always a big moment. With big moments come immaturity it seems now. I am neither an apple fanboy nor pc, but some of those certain people who are are making it VERRRRY clear why they're sitting behind a computer screen 24/7. (Not talking about anyone on here btw, facebook shit.)

People everywhere are posting disrespectful shit everywhere. For example;
Spoiler:

And plenty more but I'll respect peoples privacy. The thing that fired me up tonight is the lack of respect. I dont know what it's like down there, but it makes me sick to my stomach that people are making humor of a person passing away. A mother has lost a son. A wife has lost a husband. Children have lost a father. Show some fucking respect.

Last edited by Shawn_82 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:08 pm

The lack of respect in this generation of people is terribly sad, and it seems on this side of the globe, its the worst. Makes you seriously wonder sometimes how people can think, do or say such mundane things, and never consider what damage it truly does to some people. It's like the stupid crap I've seen in the past hours about "Oh, looks like the android (verizon smart phone) won the battle" or some shit like that. It's just frustrating to see people even be able tot think like that, not in just this situation, but a lot of others like it.

Steve Jobs wasn't a saint, perfect or anything of the sort, he was a pioneer and a true entrepreneur, he left the world a better place then when he found it and thats about the most you could ask of any man.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Sucks to see a guy that made a big impact on our lives with all the technology is gone. It's really weird that he died this late afternoon/evening when we were talking about him stepping down from Apple in my Current Events & World Affairs class like 4-5 hours before they announced his death.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:20 am

The man was a true visionary and an excellent marketer. He invented things that people didn't know they would need, and made them need it. He changed the face of computer technology. The impact this man had on history was huge, and whether or not you did use his products, there is no doubting he even affected the progression of others you might use. He's had cancer for 8 years, which is incredible in itself, since the survival rate for the type he had is usually not longer than 1. It may not be incredibly shocking but it is still huge. Who knows where Apple goes from here.

RIP Steve Jobs.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:52 am

Steve Jobs has passed away 5kjVw
Back to top Go down
lonewolf2864
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
lonewolf2864

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:23 am

My mind can not even comprehend the Westboro people .... I mean I really can't even think of any words to describe how I feel about them .... Severe mental problems.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:23 am

Steve Jobs has passed away F5lMT

These people are seriously FUCKED in the head.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:28 am

The Westboro Baptist Church can go burn. Actually, literally. I'd set their church on fire. Along with everyone inside. They are absolute monsters.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:37 am

I can't believe Christians are so bad. Not all of them obviously, but Christianity is supposed to be a loving, accepting community, Baptist and Methodist (ect), doesn't matter your beliefs. Last I checked, God created everything. I don't see why people go to protest funerals, especially of those who served our country to protect us all because that soldier was gay. I mean, really? God loves everybody, not just the "good Christians", who are straight and read the bible daily.

I hate those people. It's flat out wrong to do that.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf2864
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
lonewolf2864

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 am

The Westboro Baptist church is not a christian church .... it is a cult.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:42 am

Those people are not Christians..
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:45 am

some of the stuff being put on Facebook is sooo disrespectful. People have been uploading troll pictures that are not even funny, just fucked up and disrespectful. Prayers going out to the Jobs family. The man was definitely the Thomas Edison of our generation.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:48 am

People do it for attention and 9 times out of 10 they get it. Doesn't matter who dies, of importance or not people will troll about deaths.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:05 am

NASCARGearHead wrote:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/F5lMT.jpg[img]

These people are seriously FUCKED in the head.
I find it absolutely astonishing that there are people who are legitimately THIS ignorant.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:11 am

Jordan Robson wrote:

I bet they describe themselves as Christians. Which is what I'm referring to.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:11 am

Jordan Robson wrote:
People do it for attention and 9 times out of 10 they get it. Doesn't matter who dies, of importance or not people will troll about deaths.
And +1 to this. When any person of interest dies, things like this always happens. Mostly on the internet because in most cases they are truly anonymous behind a computer screen. These are the people that probably wouldn't say things like this in real life (some of them probably would).

Basically it's to be expected. There will be the well wishers, the ignorants, the people who don't give a shit, and the people who will make fun of them just to get a rise. It happens every time a celebrity dies.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:16 am

bakes991 wrote:
Jordan Robson wrote:

Doesn't mean they are. Brett is right. They are a cult. Nothing more. People like that deserve NO sympathy if they got blown the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:24 am

Jordan Robson wrote:
bakes991 wrote:
Jordan Robson wrote:

Doesn't mean they are. Brett is right. They are a cult. Nothing more. People like that deserve NO sympathy if they got blown the fuck up.

I know, but I mean, they claim they are Christians, but they don't act or love like Christians should.
Back to top Go down
Matt Patterson
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Matt Patterson

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:10 pm

volsdude14 wrote:
some of the stuff being put on Facebook is sooo disrespectful. People have been uploading troll pictures that are not even funny, just fucked up and disrespectful. Prayers going out to the Jobs family. The man was definitely the Thomas Edison of our generation.
i will agree the man did a lot...but compare him to Thomas Edison? Nope. Jobs didnt sit around all day inventing things he just had the brains to have a bunch of people work with him to create amazing products
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000430
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Never used an ipod, or ipad. Or anything like that. Never have had interest in things like those and I probably never will. I'm sorry the man died and my thoughts are with his family. I just wish the soldiers who get killed daily in Iraq got this much attention... js.
Back to top Go down
Matt Patterson
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Matt Patterson

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:22 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000430
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Matt Patterson wrote:
volsdude14 wrote:
i will agree the man did a lot...but compare him to Thomas Edison? Nope. Jobs didnt sit around all day inventing things he just had the brains to have a bunch of people work with him to create amazing products

He isn't Thomas Edison of the past, but of our generation like Emerson said, and I fully agree with that, he had some amazing inspiring ideas and had help of those to complete them without flaws. His mind was actively working all the time, and im damn sure he was coming up with new ideas on the regular basis.

But thats after I read into what hes really done Wink

I agree with the troops thing, but I'm sure we all know the media doesn't really care about anything "not entertaining" Hell, only took about 6 hours yesterday from them to turn about the Steve Jobs thing straight back to the on going MJ trial. Entertainment is the only thing that makes up the "news", most of the crap hasn't been real news in a long ass time unless it was a tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Jobs has passed away   Steve Jobs has passed away Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Jobs has passed away
Page 1 of 1