Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesNext season's truck schedule 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Next season's truck schedule FInzoqm

Next season's truck schedule SInIxxP

Next season's truck schedule 8ZYsMSX

Next season's truck schedule Q1ZNvzf

Next season's truck schedule YtoHmfG

Next season's truck schedule

Go down 
+5
AuzGrams
Lambert
Jordan Robson
Matt_Emerson29
Jake_Ace
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Schedule?
Real life schedule with our choice of off week races
Next season's truck schedule I_vote_lcap55%Next season's truck schedule I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
No
Next season's truck schedule I_vote_lcap45%Next season's truck schedule I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
8-Bowl
Next season's truck schedule I_vote_lcap0%Next season's truck schedule I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Next season's truck schedule Empty
PostSubject: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:41 am

For next season's truck schedule we were talking in teamspeak of having the schedule follow the truck series schedule in real life, IE. running the monday before the actual race date, and then filling the off weeks with track we always run and race good with. We would NOT run a febuary to november schedule because that would be "too long" but rather split the season in two 15-18 races or something else. what are everyone's thoughts of this?

Last edited by Jake Poulin on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:43 am

this is a great idea, but maybe not go the full truck schedule because it might drag on too much
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:48 am

LNR does it. Its basically 1 full truck schedule but nixed in to 2 seasons. It works, but with the amount of 'off weeks' the truck series has in real life. I'm afraid people would lost interest in the league with so many off weeks. And don't say I'm wrong because I know exactly how this gig goes. It'll be fun for a bit but people would eventually stop giving a crap after an entire month off not racing the series. LNR's truck seasons usually begin with 15 or so people and by halfway in the season they had 4 or 5 trucks racing weekly.

-Edit, just noticed the part about filling in off weeks with other tracks lol. Still IDK, I think a regular 12-15 race schedule like Lambert said would be the best option.

Last edited by Jordan Robson on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:48 am

IDK, I think we should run a normal schedule, like 12-15 races like we normally do. But I'm all game for running what they do in real life.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:52 am

I don't mind running real life tracks, but a 15 race schedule is the maximum, even if the seasons are split up, the interest would be low for a 2nd season.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 am

if we split the tucks season in two (feb-july) the first half of the season would have less real races and many off weeks, sometimes 3 weeks at a time. which is why i suggested schedule filling. for the second half there would be alot more real races. that would give us a 15-18 race schedule for a season feb-july and july-nov if we do schedule filling. if not it would be either be a strung out first half feb-aug and a tight packed 2nd half aug-nov. or a long 22 race season feb-nov
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:29 pm

IDK. I say just keep it simple and keep it the way its been. 12-15 race season schedule, mainly actual truck series races. That is how the CRI Truck series was run and it was probably one of the more fun leagues I and many others ran.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:35 pm

thats what i was planning on, its just that theres just not many real races in the first part of the season. if we did a 15 weeks strait starting at daytona there would only be like 6-7 real races. maybe a mix of truck and cup schedule? or a nationwide schedule?
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 pm

I say we run something similar to this. And after this season, change to a different mod like we've always done.

1. Daytona
2. Martinsville
3. Texas
4. Darlington
5. Bristol
6. Charlotte
7. Pocono
8. Iowa
9. ORP
10. Road Course
11. Kentucky
12. Talladega
13. Richmond
14. Pikes Peak
15. Atlanta
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:17 pm

I actually really like that schedule. As far as the tracks involved. Placement of them eh. I think we should take out a track or two and add Michigan and possibly add Chicago or something.
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Chicago would be cool, but Michigan kind of fails in CTS physics. Do you not remember CRI, LoL. But yeah, placement needs work. We need to go to a different kind of track every week.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Not sure what Michigan races you've run with Trucks but Michigan with CTS Physics is about the best racing you can have. If you run the right version anyways Smile
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Yeah, I guess I see your point there.
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:34 am

Ok, I took some of J-Rob's ideas for a schedule. And this is what I'm came up with. Very Happy

1. Daytona
2. Pikes Peak
3. Martinsville
4. Darlington
5. Charlotte
6. ORP
7. Michigan
8. Richmond
9. Pocono
10. Kentucky
11. Bristol
12. Road Course
13. Pheonix
14. Talladega
15. Atlanta
Back to top Go down
CHE524
Go-Kart Racer
Go-Kart Racer
CHE524

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:51 pm

1. Daytona
2. Rockingham
3. Texas
4. Chicagoland
5. Charlotte
6. Michigan
7.Richmond
8. Kentucky
9. Iowa
10. Road Course
11. Milwaukee Mile
12. Talladega
13. Atlanta
14. Pikes Peak
15. Las Vegas

This is my idea, i thought i would bring back Milwaukee (my home track)
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Lambert wrote:
Ok, I took some of J-Rob's ideas for a schedule. And this is what I'm came up with. Very Happy

1. Daytona
2. Pikes Peak
3. Martinsville
4. Darlington
5. Charlotte
6. ORP
7. Michigan
8. Richmond
9. Pocono
10. Kentucky
11. Bristol
12. Road Course
13. Pheonix
14. Talladega
15. Atlanta
This is pretty much going to be our schedule. I hope at least. The Road Course should either be Three Rivers (which would be epic with trucks) or the Glen. Also we could probably take out Pikes Peak but that was a pretty good race in NW so meh.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:34 am

what about homestead? I remember everyone was wanting to run homestead a few weeks ago. Idk about Atlanta and Charlotte; high banked 1.5 quads are kinda lame with CTS but that's only 2 out of 15. also would anyone like to maybe run the old, flat Las Vegas?
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:55 am

I seem to recall some of the best races with CTS physics on a track like Charlotte. If done right, you can't run full throttle for more than a few laps before you have to start worrying about tires.

The DSR all star race at Charlotte was at the top of my list of favorite races. There should be at least one, and I would vote for Charlotte.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 am

Yeah, the setup we used last night was iffy, but I don't remember every going full throttle during the race. During qualifying it was done, but not in the race (for me at least).

Just needed some changes, but we hopefully will have a better setup for next season
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:28 am

maybe not Charlotte, but Atlanta and Texas are lame when you can just mat it
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 am

Texas Night SBP was lame, but the two races in the CRI ARCA Series (even though gns) were good races, despite one of them having only one lead change and someone leading 50/51 laps lol
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:39 am

Texas is very lame with CTS physics. Homestead please.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:27 am

eight bowl and homestead
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:29 am

Atlanta is awesome with CTS Physics. Hell Atlanta is awesome regardless. I could see replacing Texas but we are keeping Atlanta. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:31 am

even though it wasn't on the schedule to begin with
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next season's truck schedule   Next season's truck schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Next season's truck schedule
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next