Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesYour First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) FInzoqm

Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) SInIxxP

Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) 8ZYsMSX

Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) Q1ZNvzf

Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) YtoHmfG

Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)

Go down 
+2
lemonhead75
Jake_Ace
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) Empty
PostSubject: Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)   Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 pm

What was the first ever Truck/Nationwide/Cup race you went to?

Here's Mine:

I don't remember much at all from this race because I was only 5, but I just remember it being the coolest thing ever

What was the first Nascar race you watched and actually remember?

For me it was the 2001 Daytona 500

I don't remember much because again, I was only 5 but a few things from that race just stuck in my head. For one the image of tony stewart flipping down the back straitaway was stuck in my head. other than that, I don't remember anything else from the race except for the last lap. I remember my dad was in disbelief when he saw Michael Waltrip and dale jr cross 1-2. He didn't even realize that earnhardt had crashed until they panned over to his car sitting in the grass. I remember his exact words he said next "awww what happened to earnhardt!?" after he noticed that the window net wasn't coming down he went into a state of panic for the next hour for the next hour until the news was given, my dad cried and mourned for days and days after that, I really didn't understand what had happened at the time until when a few weeks later when I drew a picture of what i remembered seeing and showed it to my dad. He got mad at me at first but then he sat me down and talked to me about what happened and it actually got through to me. I still wasn't very interested in racing at that point until I watched the April Talladega Race with my dad later that year, "that was the bashit insane crazy pack racing race" I thought it was the coolest thing ever, It was the first time I actually payed attention to a race and was glued to the TV for the whole race. After that, I watched every race after that in the 2001 season and became the racing fanatic like all of us here today
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)   Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:01 pm

I can remember watching Nascar all the way back to 1999. I was definitely a Bobby Labonte fan by 2000, because I remember that really well.
I still haven't been to a Nascar race in person. I was hoping to go to the Truck race at ORP this year, but they decided not to go there...
I went to my first ARCA race last fall in Toledo. I had a great time, got lots of autographs. It would have been better had there not been a several hour rain delay. Still, it was really amazing. Got the tickets for $15 each at Menards.
I'm gonna be getting a ride around Toledo from the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience this June, and wil lbe going to the ARCA race there again this year. I might also get to go to Indianapolis or Michigan for the Nascar races.
I'm really hoping I can go see ARCA at ORP this year along with Cup at Indianapolis probably.
Back to top Go down
NascarManiaco99
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
NascarManiaco99

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)   Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Never went to a NASCAR race (obvious reasons) but me and dad are still trying to got a Dega/Daytona race..
The 1st race I watched was the 2004 Infineon Race, I was actually switching thru channels when I found it. The car that I really liked from that race was Jeff Gordon #24.
But the 2005 Atlanta Race made me become a Edwards fan with that last lap pass over Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)   Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:29 am

have you ever thought of going to the Sao Paulo indycar race?
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)   Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:53 am

The first race I remember watching had to have been the 1998 MBNA Gold 400 at Dover, because I remember watching the race and hearing about someone else being in Bill Elliott's car (I now know it was Kenseth, did a decent job that race too for his debut with a 6th place finish) and I remember the scheme being a wild one.

First NASCAR race I went to was the 2003 Bass Pro Shops MBNA 500 at Atlanta, where Bobby Labonte won, but Bill Elliott blew up right in front of us Sad We had to leave early because my dad had to go to work the next day and we couldn't get stuck in traffic, so we listened to the finish on the radio.

The first full NASCAR race I went to was the 2006 Atlanta truck race, Mike Bliss won it, but AJ Allmendinger wrecked out in the first 15 laps I think. Earlier in that day, we watched the final IROC race to ever be held. I actually remember Truex winning the race, don't remember that it was Stewart who won the championship that year for it.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf2864
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
lonewolf2864

Number of posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)   Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:39 am

The 1st race i can remember vividly is the 1995 Die Hard 500 when Schrader flipped down the back stretch. I can faintly remember my dad and uncle talking about Davey getting killed in 93, but I was only 3 then. The 1st Race I attended was the 1998 Arca Talladega race and i remember my dad and I were cheering for Adam Petty because he was the only guy we knew lol. I remeber he wrecked right in the trioval in front of us. The 1st Nascar race I attended was the 1999 Winston 500.
Back to top Go down
NascarManiaco99
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
NascarManiaco99

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)   Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:31 am

Jake Poulin wrote:
have you ever thought of going to the Sao Paulo indycar race?

Thought already, but they always conflict with some family thing (birthday, trips, things like these).
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)   Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:08 am

The first race I ever remember watching was the 1999 Bristol night race.

However the first race I ever attened was the 1999 Pepsi 400. I only have very vague memories of it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)   Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember) Empty

Back to top Go down

Your First attended Nascar Race/ First Watched Nascar Race (that you actually remember)
Page 1 of 1