Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesProject CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) FInzoqm

Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) SInIxxP

Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) 8ZYsMSX

Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) Q1ZNvzf

Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) YtoHmfG

Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)

Go down 
+6
Wobble
Doc
Dan Mackay
NascarManiaco99
Caleb Paul
SwiftyOne
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) Empty
PostSubject: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Just have to tell everybody (very excited)about a New racing Sim in the making by Slightly Mad Studios called Project CARS Smile

This Project CARS is shaping up to be the Best Racing Sim I have ever played,
take a look at in game vids here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y730IzOMPw
Yes in game footage NOT rendered Not tidied up in any way, (REAL in game footage)

Keeping in mind that, pCARS is still a WIP and at this early stage only offer Pre-Alpha builds to play, the latest Alpha build is version 0.202, and is certainly a project worthy of support, Over at WMD(World of Mass Development) they are working very hard with pCARS to complete a final release...Read Here: http://www.wmdportal.com/

(see you over at http://www.wmdportal.com/ Where all the fun is, THE FORUM IS FREE TO REGISTER NOW!  BECOME A MEMBER AND YOU CAN BECOME INVOLVED IN THE MAKING OF pCARS.... You Could even earn money too, when pCARS gets a final release (For PC/PS3/Wii)

Cheers...For reading this, and hope that this post is of interest :)Just take a look, it's "AMAZING"  Wink

Swifty

Last edited by SwiftyOne on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Seems pretty slick as far as graphics go, just hope the physics are decent since this looks like it's going to appeal to the casual gamer as well.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 5:12 pm

HI Smile

Yes, the physics are in development, and at Pre-Alpha stage are already "way" up there. Wink
Right now, there are 26 tracks (plus variations) and 19 cars already, that's including the new released Caper Stock Car,(build 0197) http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/lets-go-racing-boys-build-197-available/ with Oval tracks to come Smile

Here is the community Gallery #16 : http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-community-gallery-16/

You don't need a monster PC to run it either Wink :
Here are the recommended minimum system specs to run the C.A.R.S. development builds:

CPU – 3.0GHz Dual-Core, 2.4GHz Quad-Core
GRAPHICS – nVidia 9600 GT 512Mb, ATI Radeon HD 4750 512Mb
MEMORY – 2Gb RAM (3Gb-4Gb recommended)
CONNECTION – Continuous Internet

Cheers...
Swifty

Back to top Go down
NascarManiaco99
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
NascarManiaco99

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 am

PS3 you say? And let me ask you something:
Tracks and cars are going to be licensed?
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:50 am

Hi

That's easy, they most certainly "are" ...Wink
It will be around 12 months at least, before the game is released officially, and have just announced the, Formula Gulf FG1000 license Wink Although there 26 tracks already to play in per-Alpha builds, most of these tracks are not licensed (YET) so these tracks cannot as yet be called by their REAL names, two examples: Belgian Forest, will be"Spa 2010", when licensed, as will Connecticut Hill, be"Watgins Glen" Smile

This is a community funded Race Sim, by the makers of Need for Speed and the Shift series...Therefore it's the community that say's what goes into the Sim, and how WE want the end result to be. We just have very experienced Developers doing the work and making it Wink

Register free at the forum, and read some amazing threads/posts by the Devs Wink http://www.wmdportal.com/

Cheers...

Swifty
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 am

Just some more info on the License question from "NascarManiaco99 Smile

Licensed cars and tracks that pCARS has already:

Tracks
Brands Hatch
Cadwell Park
Oulton Park
Snetterton

Vehicles
GUMPERT apollo S
Ariel Atom
Ariel Atom Mugen
Ariel Atom V8
Palmer Jaguar JP-LM
Caterham Classic
Caterham R500 Superlight
Caterham SP/300.R
BAC Mono
Mitsubishi Evo VI Tommi Mäkinen Edition
Mitsubishi Evo IX FQ 360
Mitsubishi Evo X FQ 400

The plan for these licensed tracks is that we will get them laser scanned so that we have absolute accuracy - this will capture every detail of the track down to the very last mm, so you can be assured that driving the tracks will be exactly like it is in real life. Wink

Swifty
Back to top Go down
NascarManiaco99
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
NascarManiaco99

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:55 am

SwiftyOne wrote:
Just some more info on the License question from "NascarManiaco99 Smile

Licensed cars and tracks that pCARS has already:

Tracks
Brands Hatch
Cadwell Park
Oulton Park
Snetterton

Vehicles
GUMPERT apollo S
Ariel Atom
Ariel Atom Mugen
Ariel Atom V8
Palmer Jaguar JP-LM
Caterham Classic
Caterham R500 Superlight
Caterham SP/300.R
BAC Mono
Mitsubishi Evo VI Tommi Mäkinen Edition
Mitsubishi Evo IX FQ 360
Mitsubishi Evo X FQ 400

The plan for these licensed tracks is that we will get them laser scanned so that we have absolute accuracy - this will capture every detail of the track down to the very last mm, so you can be assured that driving the tracks will be exactly like it is in real life. Wink

Swifty

Since my PC sucks to play games (ask the guys round here Laughing), I'm happy to see that Sim developers still care about the consoles!
Oh, and the bolded ones really got my attention!
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:30 am

The bold ones I should have said, are the newer additions, the newest is the Formula Gulf FG1000, which I should have listed Wink
Although I am also glad this is coming to consoles, (four young boys+One on the way) and know it will great (best played on PC, eye candy wise )I'm sure it's another way to rise sales=profit Wink And that's a good thing, as it's community funded (depending of course how much you fund) gives you a way also to earn money=Sharing in the profits Wink

Cheers...

Swifty
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:00 am

This will be an up to date list of all tracks currently present and planned, including real life names where applicable.

In-game Modern Tracks

- Anhalt - Oschersleben
- Badenring - Hockenheim
- Bathurst - Mount Panorama
- Belgian Forest Circuit - Spa Francorchamps
- Besos - Circuit de Catalunya
- Bologna + (Reverse) - Imola
- California Raceway - Willow Springs
- Connecticut Hill GP (Short) (Reverse) - Watkins Glen
- Derby - Donington Park
- Florence - Mugello
- Heusden - Zolder
- Jin Ding - Zhuhai
- Loire 24 - Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)
- Loire National - Bugatti Circuit
- Milan - Monza
- Monterey - Laguna Seca
- Moravia - Brno
- Northampton - Silverstone
- Sakitto - Suzuka (GP/East/West)
- Wisconsin Raceway - Road America

In-game Historic Tracks

- Historic Badenring - Hockenheim (Pre 2002)
- Rouen Les Essarts
- Historic Milan - Monza (1967. GPL2.)

In-game Country Roads

- California Highway
- Azure Coast

In-game Fictional Tracks

- Test Track

Planned/Confirmed Tracks

- Solitude Rennstrecke
- Nordschleife
- Brands Hatch*
- Oulton Park*
- Snetterton*
- Cadwell Park*
- Old Spa
- Monaco
- Milan Oval

In-game Kart Tracks

- Chesterfield
- Glencairn (Reverse) -
- Glencairn West (Reverse)
- Glencairn East (Reverse)
- Summerton

* - Laser Scanned
Correct as of 20/4/12

Thank you for reading Smile

Swifty
Back to top Go down
Dan Mackay
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
Dan Mackay

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:05 pm

someone give me money to donate -_-
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Dan Mackay wrote:
someone give me money to donate -_-

Hi Dan Smile

Haha! You must be the poorest, guy I know Wink

You only need to put in 20 euros (That's just $13 )then you have weekly game builds to try, you also get 20 euro ($13) discounted when game released.

For $13 you'll be playing builds for the coming year, help the game develop and talk to the game devs. Right now you'll get 26 tracks (plus variations) and 18 cars already.

Be aware that it's not a final product, so there are issues and things not working poperly right now. The general trend is that people enjoy the game a lot, but you'll need to take into account that you may encounter issues every now and then.

IMHO, $13 is a steal to be part of setting a new benchmark in sim racing

Come and help us build this Wink

Swifty
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Yet another new trailer.......This ones for you Dan Mackay! He's getting some money together, I can feel it, wait for it!....Wait...Pace Cars in "Get Ready"

http://vimeo.com/41210575
Back to top Go down
Dan Mackay
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
Dan Mackay

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm

that would be great in all, if they would take e-checks so I could use the 10 dollars in my paypal right now, I did plan on donating 33 dollars actually, maybe next month -_-
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Hey! I'm a little slow on the uptake, just realized where I'd seen that name before Haha! Same guy with PayPal problems Smile

Have yea joined Forum yet? Free that is, to register, you can learn lots in a month for free Wink
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:36 am

Back to top Go down
NascarManiaco99
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
NascarManiaco99

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:53 am

Two questions (again Laughing) :

-Is there any idea of a release date for this game for the consoles (PS3, 360)?
-Will be there anyway that we can paint our cars with photoshop, let's say, and export them to the game?
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Hello Wink

1) Only release date for PC and Consoles ... 2013 and that could mean, all that year Smile
2) Skinning/Paints/Custom liveries...Are at this time very limited to testers, put yes, whatever software you have used to paint before, will be supported, at a later date Smile as we test at least two Pre--Alpha Builds per week, and a complete file removal (Uninstall) before each new build, having skins, and remove and reinstall, at this time is somewhat a waist Smile

Don't Forget, Free registering at forum, well answer the question that I can not Wink

Back to top Go down
NascarManiaco99
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
NascarManiaco99

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:35 pm

SwiftyOne wrote:
Hello Wink

1) Only release date for PC and Consoles ... 2013 and that could mean, all that year Smile
2) Skinning/Paints/Custom liveries...Are at this time very limited to testers, put yes, whatever software you have used to paint before, will be supported, at a later date Smile as we test at least two Pre--Alpha Builds per week, and a complete file removal (Uninstall) before each new build, having skins, and remove and reinstall, at this time is somewhat a waist Smile

Don't Forget, Free registering at forum, well answer the question that I can not Wink

I really need to sign-up there, it's that I'm just too lazy to do those things sometimes Laughing
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:10 am

AND!! If you are interested in joining in with a "Junior Tool Pack" (20Euros=$13) You have now got the opportunity to download and play the very latest Build.

Pre-Alpha Build 0207 (Junior+)is now ready to download....
Here are the Build 0207 release Notes:

Known Issues: Artifact appears on the steering wheel of the Zonda when in a high speed crash.

Updated Fanatec CSW device ID and flipped operation of RPM lights to match latest version of the wheel
Added adjustment of aerodynamics influence while vehicle is in the air
Update various new profile defaults
Added new Bathurst HUD map
Stockcar_1990: All exterior mapped&textured, CPIT windscreen created, normals flipped,UV2 mapped, reflections texture added, user flag set .Some materials updates
Leonus 68 more robust driver back in(GT_classic) , changing gear animation added, roof camera position modified to show more of driver hands
Pagani Zonda R: pushrod positions matched to CAD. Fixes broken weight jacking effect of caster changes
Palmer JPLM: new suspension geometry for physics based on the model and photo references
Stockcar_1990: springs (front, rear) added
Pagani Zonda R: added custom liveries
BAC MONO: new liveries added
Added Zonda R
Stockcar 90: checks/fixes + prepared export with finished chassis textures
Pagani logo added to splash screen
News ticker updated with Pagani info
Derby: Balanced textures to not look so washed out
New Stockcar export
New Derby exports

Have fun..

Swifty
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:57 am

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing that 13 dollar pack here in a month or so, that latest video that was posted looked tremendous.
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:11 am

Hi NASCARGearHead Wink

Glad you liked it Smile Here's another one with the Gumpert Apollo GT
Point to point, on the REAL California Highway Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zE57qOKsQY&feature=player_embedded#!

Swifty
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:19 am

Do you know which highway that actually is? One of my buddies from there swore he has driven on it before.
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:46 am

Hi Smile
This is what I found out for you (as I'm from England and never been to the USA..I really don't know Smile

It's Highway 1..Hwy 1 goes for over 1000 miles up the pacific coast and is one of the most famous roads in the world if you went to the beach in San Fran you were on it....

But I don't know "Which Section" of the Highway it is Wink

If I find out more I will post Smile

Swifty
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi NASCARGearHead Smile

Found this on our forum, this is the actual layout you can drive on, the one in the video. Looks longer but, 12 miles long Wink

Cheers....
Swifty

Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) Attachment
Back to top Go down
SwiftyOne
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
SwiftyOne

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Meet The Pagani Zonda R in Project CARS:

Our talented member PLM5 has put together a stunning trailer video, showing off the Pagani Zonda R.

Make sure to not miss out on the great video and watch it by following the link below:

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/meet-the-pagani-zonda-r-in-project-cars/

Cheers all..
Swifty

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)   Project CARS!  ( Slightly Mad Studios) Empty

Back to top Go down

Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next