Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesNBMotorsports: 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
NBMotorsports: FInzoqm

NBMotorsports: SInIxxP

NBMotorsports: 8ZYsMSX

NBMotorsports: Q1ZNvzf

NBMotorsports: YtoHmfG

NBMotorsports:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

NBMotorsports: Empty
PostSubject: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Baker brings home top-10 at tough Dover track:
After opting not to qualify, Nick Baker quickly made a move towards the top 10 before the first caution and braking caused him to spin out narrowly missing a couple of cars while spinning. Later on Baker spun out again after avoiding a wreck while having to hit the brakes. After being able to get things settled, Baker raced his way into the top 10 and was having so good, hard battles with Caleb Paul, Josh Chin, and Tyler Ellery. A long run before a GWC almost led to a blown right-front tire, but a really timely caution helped Baker, who had fallen back to 9th that run. Baker went on to finish 8th in his first full-race ran.

Baker ran up in Canada earlier at GP3R, but losing 4th gear forced an early exit for the #9 team in their debut.

Valvoline will debut for their first race as the main sponsor on the #9 Chevy next week at Indy, where Baker has had some strong runs in the past and had a couple of shots at the win taken away.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 am

Valvoline set to make season debut at Indy:
Indianapolis Motor Speedway has always been a place where Nick Baker has been competitive in anything he's raced there. Despite not having any wins at the famous track, Baker has finished in the top 5 most of the races he run, including a 3rd in his last stock car race there in the APRS Retro Series. "Indy is one of the weird flat tracks that I can actually drive at, usually flat tracks aren't too good to me, but I have always had a decent run at Indy for some reason, it suites my driving style very well. You can charge the corners without using the brakes, or just barely tapping them, which for me is my favorite driving style. My career has proven that braking tracks aren't my forte, so Indy is the perfect flat track for me! I'm really looking forward to this one, hopefully I can grab my 5th Proline win."

Valvoline is on the car for the first time this season as the primary sponsor, with Dollar General running as an associate sponsor. NBM is looking for more sponsors to run more races, but they have ran two races unsponsored with a decent top 10 finish at Dover and a DNF with transmission problems at GP3R.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:15 am

Baker explains Chevy support for season:
After Full Throttle Racing merged with Solstice Racing in the off-season, that left Nick Baker out of a ride on the team, since Full Throttle Solstice had the maximum amount of teams. Baker went back to fielding his own ride for the season in the #9 NBM Chevrolet, with help from Full Throttle Solstice for engine and transmission support. NBM already had chassis in the shop since Baker had owned his own team since Solstice Racing League started. He had been using his own chassis at every team he's driven for in Proline, so he's used to his cars he currently runs.

After learning he was the odd man out at FTR/Solstice, he wasn't excited as he thought he found the team he can stay with for a long time, but not everything works out. Baker has since gone to a part-time deal in all of Solstice Racing League's series. He does drive for Solstice Racing's IndyCar team with a win and a legitimate shot at the Oval championship, something Baker is really wanting to get. As he has yet to win a championship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: Empty

Back to top Go down

NBMotorsports:
Page 1 of 1