Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesRace 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 FInzoqm

Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 SInIxxP

Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 8ZYsMSX

Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 Q1ZNvzf

Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 YtoHmfG

Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]

Go down 
+12
BBoyGorillaz
Chin
Black_Jack
racer612008
Lambert
Buckeye24
Dan Mackay
Steveracing7151
Bubba025
bakes991
Davey Alli-Rudd
Jake_Ace
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kensethfan
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
kensethfan

Number of posts : 249
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 3:13 am

Fantastic race minus all the yellows we had and that late self-inflicted crash. Sorry, guys, the bumps were a killer. My track record for Daytona races suck. :s

Nevertheless, love having these long superspeedway races with big fields! Good win, Caleb!
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 7:22 am

something we could try is chassis 3
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 7:58 am

Lambert wrote:

And why I'm on my little rant here, I don't understand why we have to change stuff that isn't broke. Like Chassis 0, why did ever switch to this? Our racing used to be pretty fun at SS's. I don't get why we have to run something that goes 210 mph. I mean, the real cars are 203-204 max with a hell of a run. And run normally around mid to high 190's. I remember some awesome races back when we just had it normal. And if we want to change it, how about CTS physics? We have not tried that instead of this nightmare. Superspeedway races used to be fun to look forward to, but now it's just a nightmare.

yeah, those races we're really awesome watching the Alabama gang ride the low line up front all race.

I ran a chassis 1 race a VSR this week and I got a reminder why I hate it so much, all it was was a line cars with nowhere to go and no moves to make, not to mention the suck up is terrible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JZfvNLbLNu0#t=1605s

I will admit though the chassis 0 races have not been that great recently. The last 3 races or so The high line seemed to have been non existent unless there is a significant car advantage. Tonight I'm going to be running a race at ISCA, and they use chassis 3 for their SS races, I'll let you guys know how it goes and maybe we can test it out here.

otherwise we oughta bite the bullet and run the CTS mod at Talladega. we've had decent chassis 0 races in the past but with the trend of these 40 car fields and the one offs that can't handle it has made it meh, and you can't argue with the way CTS physics races. We go though so much hassle trying to figure out what to run we should just take the 5 minutes to make another carfile and download the separate mod.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:00 am

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the track and setup we ran. If you can't drive it, you obviously are doing something wrong.

That was a lot of fun to drive and getting wicked loose of the bumps was fun as hell. Chassis 0 actually allows for you to actually save your car if you get the chance, too.

Proline isn't about having tracks that are easy to drive, it's the premier series here for a reason. Man up and drive your shit, or keep complaining, because nothing is going to change. It's not supposed to be easy, it's supposed to test your abilities and you have to learn how to adjust to it. Do I like running C5? Not at most tracks, I can't keep my car straight most of the time. Do I complain about it constantly? Not really, a few jokes here and there. Atlanta was a good example. Since we started using that version, I've been running that offline with both Cup & GNS physics and learned where my limits were, and even how much more I can actually push it. For once, I had a race where I didn't spin out and ended up finishing in the top 5 and just trailing behind everyone with wheels on the final run.

If you can't handle any of the tracks on Proline, then you don't deserve to be a Proline driver. (I can say that because I can't handle them all and I am not a Proline driver.)
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:05 am

don't get me wrong, I love the way chassis 0 drives, especially how it did in the race last night. I keep hoping the racing will be good every time we go to Daytona but it has been the same way every time we've gotten the huge fields.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:08 am

Jake_Ace wrote:
don't get me wrong, I love the way chassis 0 drives, especially how it did in the race last night. I keep hoping the racing will be good every time we go to Daytona but it has been the same way every time we've gotten the huge fields.

The huge field is only a problem when you have people who don't know what they are doing on the track.

We had a couple of guys who probably should not have been racing last night, but that's all said and done. If need be, people need to swallow their pride and turn on stability. At a plate track, it doesn't make much of a difference as far as speed, so it's not a huge deal.
Back to top Go down
djman14
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
djman14

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:14 am

bakes991 wrote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the track and setup we ran. If you can't drive it, you obviously are doing something wrong.

That was a lot of fun to drive and getting wicked loose of the bumps was fun as hell. Chassis 0 actually allows for you to actually save your car if you get the chance, too.

Proline isn't about having tracks that are easy to drive, it's the premier series here for a reason. Man up and drive your shit, or keep complaining, because nothing is going to change. It's not supposed to be easy, it's supposed to test your abilities and you have to learn how to adjust to it. Do I like running C5? Not at most tracks, I can't keep my car straight most of the time. Do I complain about it constantly? Not really, a few jokes here and there. Atlanta was a good example. Since we started using that version, I've been running that offline with both Cup & GNS physics and learned where my limits were, and even how much more I can actually push it. For once, I had a race where I didn't spin out and ended up finishing in the top 5 and just trailing behind everyone with wheels on the final run.

If you can't handle any of the tracks on Proline, then you don't deserve to be a Proline driver. (I can say that because I can't handle them all and I am not a Proline driver.)

Ya I didnt find anything wrong with the track or the setup infact it was pretty fun to have to fight the bumps.
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:57 am

I'm not saying that the track or setup where terrible last night b/c the setup was great for the bumps and stuff. And I agree with you Baker. I know this is a top premier league and that's why I have a problem with allowing almost anyone to run in it at superspeedways. Last night was a perfect example of my ranting here. That's the reason I didn't run in the Dash series on Wednesday night. It's a rookie type series and I knew there would be problems and wrecks. And it was really disappointing getting taken out so early by someone last night that has never raced here before, and the biggest part of it was him not listening. I think I told him 3 or 4 times that he was warping badly before we took the green flag and that he needed to drop to the back or at least get out of the line. And Jake, the Alabama gang was not always at the bottom, if you remember right, we ran the high to get to the front. But how long has it been since we've ran up front? I can't remember since the Daytona 500 of season 5 where I pushed Brett to the win. And we were running Chassis 0 then. The only real problem that I have with Chassis 0 is the speed and how out of control some people are with it. It's really scary to run the whole race not knowing what the idiot my do beside you b/c he can't control it. I'm not against Chassis 0, I just don't like going 210 mph with everyone almost out of control.
Back to top Go down
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager
Chin

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:13 am

We can adjust the speed fairly easily. That's not too hard to do.

I do agree with the idea of having a minimum number of starts before doing plate races, especially with a plate race in the Chase.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:59 am

I agree about the running a few races before being able to start in Proline. We will probably discuss that between admins sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]   Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Race 1: Pepsi 400k @ Daytona [100 Laps]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2