Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners

Share | 

Just saying Hey!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Just saying Hey!   Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:47 am

Prepare for an awkwardly, long, terribly grammar-ed and rather emotional post.

Ok, so its been over a year I think since I last posted. or longer. And since that year, I went from the very very bottom of the barrel, to being happier than I've ever been.

The story goes like this;

Towards the end of 2012, when my Grandma/Grandpa were dying, or had died in my Grandpas case..

We moved to Dayton, Dayton is a gigantic monopoly of drugs. Drugs, Gangs, Death, Police. That is about all there is to that god for saken place. I don't recommend visiting.

We moved to Dayton, long story short I ended up losing my job, my car, my mom got on drugs, I got on drugs and then it just went to the bottom from there. And when I mean bottom, I don't mean the bottom of a fuckin' empty bottle. I mean more like the bottom pits of hell.
I do not know, I truly do not know how I made it out alive.

Actually thats a lie, a HUGE. HUGE fucking reason I am alive today is because of guys like Caleb, Baker, Wetz, Kahrs and quite a few of you. You guys seriously do not know the impact you had on my life. Without you showing the love and care you did for me, I would be dead. I can safely say that. I had NO family, naturally no friends. My friends who I were buddies with for over 15 years left me cold when I needed them most. But you guys were here for me in the beginning, through it and are still my really good friends to this very damn day. And from the sincerest part of my black heart, thank you. Thank you for that.

Today, I am living with my REAL Dad, my Step mom, I am closer than anything with my 2 beautiful nieces (If you have me on Facebook you know how much I love those kids, I post about 97 pictures a day with them LOL). I have 2 jobs, Cassanos and a place called Total Towing. I am buying a car within the next week or two, I am buying my own phone, my own insurance, everything. I am making DAMN sure to do this on my own. I do not want to hear any motherfucker say I didn't earn what I had. I won't let that come out of anyones mouth and the only way for that to be, is to work my little ass off. And I am, and guess what?

I love it. I love work, I love keeping busy. I love cutting the grass, walking around, looking at the sky! The smallest shit you could think of, but I appreciate and love it SO much! They say if you get through your worst days, then the best days are that much better. And its because of those hard days, those days you literately want to DIE, are the reason I can enjoy everything like I do now. Its not much man, I don't have much. But I have love in my life, I have LIFE in me. I am so much more mature than I've ever been. Much more informed and I'm so thankful to everyone who helped me on this journey. And I'm so thankful to God I never gave up. I would not be able to enjoy all of these things if I did..

Sorry for the long post! I hope I can comeback one of these days, maybe another few months and paychecks from now LOL. I'll buy a decent wheel and figure this all out again soon!

Thank you for putting up with me over the years, you guys rock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakes991
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4497
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Just saying Hey!   Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:13 am

That's awesome, bud! Glad to hear things are finally on the upswing for ya and hope it continues that way!

When you get back to racing, I'll be sure to self spin in front of ya like old times Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Just saying Hey!   Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:51 am

Was just thinking about you the other day looking at some old screenshots of races. Cool to hear from you and glad to see things are looking up. Life is a roller coaster ride for sure.

NR03 Career wins: 15
Career championships: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2181
Registration date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Just saying Hey!   Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:13 am

Nice to hear from ya bud! Glad things are going better for ya.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jeffreystoycloset.com
JRobson19
Solstice Newbie
Solstice Newbie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Just saying Hey!   Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:30 am

Okay, so I lost my password for this place (derp) and totally thinking about getting back into this deal soon if people still race regularly.

Hows everybody doing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Just saying Hey!   Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:31 am

I am well. Been living as much as possible. And I am trying to get back into it again soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakes991
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4497
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Just saying Hey!   Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:13 am

Still here, still on a keyboard, still losing races Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content