Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners

Share | 

Weather Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:05 am

Thats mainstream news for ya, at least Yahoo and MSN are actually covering it.

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon #77

3X Retro Series Champion
2X ROC Champion
2X ASA Champion
1X RIROC Champion

AF: 4-3 DEN: 4-3 PIT: 3-3

Online Career:
Top 5's: 279
Top 10's: 426
Poles: 29
Wins: 81
Championships: 6
iRacing wins: 21
11/6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:11 am

Sure, lets talk about Englands royal family. Nothing better going on.
Oh wait. http://s.imwx.com/img/images/news/april/morrowcam287x187.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:08 am

Well I'm glad I live in a mountain valley where even if there is a tornado, the only possibility of anything ever stirring up would be a really weak F0 tornado.

That tornado in Birmingham could have been even more deadly if it hooked into downtown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:15 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohIVzIZLuQ

So yeah, I love the storm chasing of tornadoes, but this guy has some fucking balls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver

Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:16 am

If it does get rated EF-2 or higher, i believe it would be the first time in like 50+ years. Usually the mountains break storms up around here but this year theyve been virtually uneffective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:25 am

What's the elevation of your town? lol Mine is like 5500 feet above sea level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 am

Well, Every really big supercell past north and south of me and we only got really powerful straight line wind like 80-90 mph and heavy rain and lightning.

And I don't mind that the news is talking about the Royal Wedding over this, maybe it's cause I'm British and I really care about this shit but as long as Yahoo! has it as a Top Story, it wont piss me off.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:59 am

It's important for some, but how its getting priority over the events down south atm beats me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:03 am

Has Obama even said a damn word about the disaster yet? You'd think by now he would of had a press conference on it. Maybe I missed it or something. Then again I wouldn't be shocked. It took him forever to get down south for the Oil Spill...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakes991
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4497

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:17 am

The local news reported that he is going to Alabama tomorrow in Tuscaloosa to talk to families and help out

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:42 am

Jordan Robson wrote:
Has Obama even said a damn word about the disaster yet? You'd think by now he would of had a press conference on it. Maybe I missed it or something. Then again I wouldn't be shocked. It took him forever to get down south for the Oil Spill...

Yes, he did already say something. He was quoted in a weather.com article, I do believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:12 am

HamoSaurus wrote:
It's important for some, but how its getting priority over the events down south atm beats me.

Well, the Royal Wedding happens only every 20-30 years, and for Brits it's a HUGE deal to show their natioanl pride, etc. Just because it was a trajedy does not make it necessary for it to be bigger then something good going on in another part of the world. Personally, I think the wedding is bigger then the tornados. But, don't get me wrong, the tornado story is really big. I just don't understand all the bitching about it.

BTW: I woke up a 5 AM to watch the wedding.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:20 am

RobbyG723 wrote:
HamoSaurus wrote:

Well, the Royal Wedding happens only every 20-30 years, and for Brits it's a HUGE deal to show their natioanl pride, etc. Just because it was a trajedy does not make it necessary for it to be bigger then something good going on in another part of the world. Personally, I think the wedding is bigger then the tornados. But, don't get me wrong, the tornado story is really big. I just don't understand all the bitching about it.

Saying a wedding is more important than 200 people losing their lives is an insult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:26 am

Not really. I get what you mean and I was in the middle of those storms so I experienced it, but news people shoudn't automatically make the bad in the world more important then the good.

The tornados without a doubt shouldn't be 'just another tornado story'. It should be taken seriously. I'm not trying to judge which one was more important, but to me and my family, we care more about William and Kate, but I pray everyday for the people affected by the tornados.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:40 am

RobbyG723 wrote:
HamoSaurus wrote:

It's a huge deal for the UK, not the US, I really don't give a crap about a wedding anyway, but one that's not even in my own country? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2395

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:53 am

I don't give a shit about the Royal Wedding, but I've heard more about it from people bitching about it than I have anywhere else. That's because I'm choosing not to pay attention to it.

NR03 Career wins: 15
Career championships: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:49 pm

But I think Phillip DeFranco said it best. He said that with all the crap going on in the world, why can't we be happy for one day? Just to be happy that 2 people are in love and that it doesn't matter she was a common and he was royalty. To me, It just doesn't make since the hate in that when the whole point is to be happy with everything that's going on around it.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:05 pm

RobbyG723 wrote:
But I think Phillip DeFranco said it best. He said that with all the crap going on in the world, why can't we be happy for one day? Just to be happy that 2 people are in love and that it doesn't matter she was a common and he was royalty. To me, It just doesn't make since the hate in that when the whole point is to be happy with everything that's going on around it.

I don't get why a wedding of 2 people that isn't affecting my life at all is going to make things happier, but that's the negativity in me reaching out saying that.

Anyways, a lot of these tornadoes are a destructive beauty. Sad, but´╗┐ mesmerizing. Some pretty amazing footage out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0FHTG9VETY&feature=related

Last edited by AuzGrams on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:49 pm

When it was actually happening, yes it should of been covered. But I don't think it should linger on for days on the news, and be their main segment. But ATM they probably should still be covering most of it.

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon #77

3X Retro Series Champion
2X ROC Champion
2X ASA Champion
1X RIROC Champion

AF: 4-3 DEN: 4-3 PIT: 3-3

Online Career:
Top 5's: 279
Top 10's: 426
Poles: 29
Wins: 81
Championships: 6
iRacing wins: 21
11/6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sun May 01, 2011 12:06 am

RobbyG723 wrote:
HamoSaurus wrote:

Being that my whole town was nearly wiped off the map by these storms i'm highly offended by this post. If it's a huge deal to you Brits then that's fine. But if you think nearly 400 of our own people getting killed by the largest recorded tornado outbreak in history isn't as important as 2 freaking people getting married then you deserve about the same treatment as the rag heads get here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sun May 01, 2011 12:08 am

RobbyG723 wrote:

The tornados without a doubt shouldn't be 'just another tornado story'. It should be taken seriously. I'm not trying to judge which one was more important, but to me and my family, we care more about William and Kate, but I pray everyday for the people affected by the tornados.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sun May 01, 2011 12:11 am

Sorry, but keep it to your damn self that you prioritize a wedding over a massive tornado outbreak affecting a 1/4 of our country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sun May 01, 2011 12:17 am

I know where you are coming from because you and your town have been greatly affected by the storms. I'm saying if my town was affected and lots of people died, I would feel the same way. I wouldn't give 2 shits about the wedding anymore now that life is in ruins. But, My whole town and school (not me though) have already forgotten what happened on Wednesday. Ian, I sympothize with you. I hope you understand that.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2395

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Sun May 01, 2011 8:05 am

This is a weather thread, so I see no reason for this conversation to continue, but I feel I must add.

Nobody will be talking about 'The Royal Wedding' in a few days, but the effect of these storms is going to be felt for months, probably years to come for the people who have survived it.

NR03 Career wins: 15
Career championships: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   Fri May 13, 2011 12:21 am

There is a line of storms coming more severe than I have seen in a very long time. It hasn't rained really in a couple months...but this line is incredible. 100 mph estimated winds in a cell going just south of me. Also a tornado just going south of me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weather Thread   

Back to top Go down

Weather Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next