Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesT-Mobile 220 at Bristol 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
T-Mobile 220 at Bristol FInzoqm

T-Mobile 220 at Bristol SInIxxP

T-Mobile 220 at Bristol 8ZYsMSX

T-Mobile 220 at Bristol Q1ZNvzf

T-Mobile 220 at Bristol YtoHmfG

T-Mobile 220 at Bristol

Go down 
+7
trbfan
Jake_Ace
bmxrcodol04
TM93
Matt_Emerson29
TheShermanator
Caleb Paul
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

T-Mobile 220 at Bristol Empty
PostSubject: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:54 am

Not sure which track we're running yet.. probably will run SBP07.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:05 am

Bristol, oh god.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:28 am

*sniff sniff* whats that i smell, FATALZ i believe Razz
Back to top Go down
TM93
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
TM93

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:05 am

Could someone sub for me? No internet until tomorrow -_-
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:52 am

i think we should run the one with the big ass hill Razz
Back to top Go down
bmxrcodol04
Admin
Admin
bmxrcodol04

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:10 am

Even though Caleb isnt here, we are racing tonight, ill be admining. Server's up anyways for early practice and the track is on the FTP Server. SBP_07.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:02 am

no comment
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:02 am

Just make that a non points race. Was a f*cking joke. Got my race f*cked over by a caution that should never have been there in the first f*cking place.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:03 am

im gonna start racing these races just for fun and stop acting like its my job lol. had a tough challenge tonight attempting to text and drive Razz

and gw whoever won lol
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:04 am

that just felt so unorganized
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:05 am

What a fucking joke this race was.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah, was an interesting race... Got 3rd, so that wasn't so bad. I was too tight behind people, and I'm too much of a clean racer to just push someone outta the way. Led some laps, was pretty fast a lot of the night, never really fell outside of the top 5... Good night overall
Back to top Go down
bmxrcodol04
Admin
Admin
bmxrcodol04

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:08 am

This race was fine up until the end when everyone yelled out caution, so i gave one. Then i thought we could do the GWC thing, but no. Then all of a sudden sherm yells out go when we're all fucking confused. If i never would have thrown the caution i would have gotten bitched at because people were saying C in the chat.

Give up these damn cautions, they arent worth it anymore, if so they just cause confusion.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:10 am

The race was fine. Quit fucking whining.
We only had problems at the end because Sherm said "Go" about 30 seconds after Adam said "GWC". By the time you had all gone, Jake was already on pit road for the GWC. Its totally unfair to him to do that. Also, at least half the field was listening to Adam and didn't go.

Everyone had a different idea on what to do at the end. If we all would have just listened to the Admin everything would have been fine, though there are no clear rules for him to even follow on that topic.
Back to top Go down
bmxrcodol04
Admin
Admin
bmxrcodol04

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:12 am

The results will be taken from lap 124.

Brian 1st
Robson 2nd
Baker 3rd
Sanderline 4th
Me 5th
Sherm 6th
Wetz 7th
Lemonhead 8th
Jake 9th
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:16 am

I was yelling go because I wanted us to go. lol. We don't do GWC in this series and that was our only chance. If we didn't go then, the race was over. That's the problem with these stupid things. You call caution with under 5 to go, at a track as short as Bristol with no clear cut plan on how you are going to restart it, this is the shit that happens. Don't even try to push it on me, I'm not the admin.
Back to top Go down
bmxrcodol04
Admin
Admin
bmxrcodol04

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:26 am

Well i cant help it either. When people say c in the caution, i throw it and then made a mistake because i thought we would do the GWC's lol. Where have i been the past few weeks. lol. i would have just gotten bitched out if i didnt throw one, i just know it. Im not in the mood for these cautions anymore they just cause fuss and confusion.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:28 am

yea, all they've done so far is cause headaches. I'd hate to be an admin for a race for that reason lol
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:49 am

I had a CASCOR Race, so I didn't see what happened, but I don't see what's so bad about the cautions, they provide green flag racing which we really didn't have before, I just think the system needs to be organized more so we have a better understanding WHEN to restart it. It's caused a few headaches, but even still, it's worth it when you can actually go green.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:56 am

bmxrcodol04 wrote:
This race was fine up until the end when everyone yelled out caution, so i gave one. Then i thought we could do the GWC thing, but no. Then all of a sudden sherm yells out go when we're all fucking confused. If i never would have thrown the caution i would have gotten bitched at because people were saying C in the chat.

Give up these damn cautions, they arent worth it anymore, if so they just cause confusion.

i agree we need to get back to the old way of racing we never complained and had controversey over that. theres just too many variables and judgement calls and tonight was a perfect example of that

and ive noticed that with small feilds the lack of cautions makes the race really boring which causes people to complain about that too nobody is ever going to be happy
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:59 am

If you like racing under caution the old system if for you, IMO at least.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:07 pm

if you saw the race tonight you would know

that just doesnt make sense. i really didnt see any races recently, except for one or two, before we started running the dsr cautions that were wreckfests and running under yellow half the race. we've been racing like that for more than two years and we still had good green flag racing i dont see why all of a sudden we needed to change the system after its been working fine for all this time. it has only caused headaches for the people who admin races. and it gets annoying when were under green and people are spamming C? CAUTION? WRECK? CAN WE HAVE A C FOR THAT???? and we complain when we do throw or dont throw one. with the normal system its a caution if the game thinks there should be. theres no debating or judgement calls on that. thats the way it should be. other people are finally starting to realize this as well. just my opinion on the matter,
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Both systems have their pros and cons, right now we are perfecting these style cautions until we know we can make them as good as they are intended to be. The main reason we starting the cautions was to help the race end under green, which ended up with us having a one lap shootout there. It can be argued that we had 2 laps to work with, but it didn't happen.

Right now, we are sticking to this system. Does it have its flaws? Definitely. Are we still trying to tweak everything to get it the best possible? Yes. Bare with it, we are new to this, we aren't throwing cautions if someone spins out and they don't collect anyone. We aren't throwing cautions for drifts like what Jimmie Johnson did Saturday night.

You can complain and everything, but facts are facts and right now we are using these style cautions. This is a live and learn process and this will help us admins come up with a better solution for cautions leaving us with 1-3 laps of green flag racing left. Overtime doesn't seem much of an interest with Caleb, so we are trying other things.

Give it time, let us learn and tweak it. If you keep throwing it under the bus and don't try to give it a chance, then we can't try to make it better.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:46 pm

The reason why we went to the DSR style cautions was because we we're having issues with the old system, and when whoever it was through up the idea of the DSR C's most of us wanted to give it a shot. And we did, and its been mostly trial and error about it. But a big part about it, is the people who are racing, they need to CLEARLY explain what happened in a quick matter of time. And not just say BS stuff, like the darlington thing with Dan. Eitherway I've enjoyed the new system even though I've taken heat for the calls that we're placed. If you don't like GREEN flag racing, well then tough shit. Thats the way most racing series are. But for the most part we have been trying to get things more straight and less confusing like Baker said, but its hard for me to work with the other people who admin when I'm gone, becaquse well, I'm gonna be gone a lot more during the summer because of a job and shit, and I hope it doesn't mess with the league racing too much, but who knows. But thats another topic for another day. But for the moment, we're still tuning the system, but a BIG part of it, is what you guys say, is what most of the cautions are gonna be, because I can't be around the whole track (obviously).

So eitherway I need a lot of help from you guys with it, for it well work smoothly.

Anyways, I have no idea what happened tonight except for what I've seen posted, since I've been at a BBQ restaurant for the past 2 or 3 hours. But what I got from it was that people over reacted to something, like at Darlington and called C's on it, and adam through it and now people are pissed at him. When they shouldn't be IF thats what happened. But its just a surface opinion ATM.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:13 pm

From what I'm hearing from Adam, it would have been a caution under the old system anyways, so I don't understand the complaining lol. As for the Darlington thing, I can also understand why the caution was thrown then too because Dan was in the middle of the the line out of 4, but that's a different story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-Mobile 220 at Bristol   T-Mobile 220 at Bristol Empty

Back to top Go down

T-Mobile 220 at Bristol
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next