Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesRacing Discussion Thread - Page 2 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 FInzoqm

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 SInIxxP

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 8ZYsMSX

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 Q1ZNvzf

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 YtoHmfG

Racing Discussion Thread

Go down 
+21
Dan Mackay
mearsfan13
Matt Patterson
Lambert
lonewolf2864
Doc
Daceag17
KAuto26
Jordan Robson
TM93
BaltoRacing
trbfan
racemaxx31
Jake_Ace
TheShermanator
Shawn_82
Matt_Emerson29
lemonhead75
AuzGrams
Caleb Paul
bakes991
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:28 am

RAB only had actual chassis support when Brian Scott drove at the end of the year last season. RWI gets some notes and stuff but nothing major.

Triad builds motors for just about every non-JGR team (JGR and TRD are virtually the same, MWR and RedBull run TRD) but their Nationwide stuff isn't that spectacular. PME motors dyno as good as anyone's though, surprises me more teams don't run them.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:46 pm

In other news, all 3 girls in the Nationwide race showed soem genuine non-suckyness in practice.

Angela Cope is credited with running 75 laps, though Nascar.com showed Jeff Green in, so maybe they split time? Anyways, she ended up 32nd with a 24.625 to Austin Dillons 23.770.

Jennifer ran 47 laps and aparentally they got her car fixed up. She ran a 24.861 that got her 36th.

Amber, while being slow, caused no notable incidents. She ran 38 laps, and ended up 39th with 25.253.

Angela ran faster than Jeremy Clements.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Practice doesn't usually mean much though with the fastest laps... It's more about the fastest averages, if you're consistant then you are good, if you are inconsistant, then you got some work to do...
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Angela's 10 lap average is just slightly behind Timmy Hill's.

And any way you look at it, last week Jennifer was 14mph off the pace. This week she is only 6mph off the pace. She is 8mph closer to the leader.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:21 am

Jacques Villeneuve will drive the 22 Dodge at Road America and Montreal instead of Brad Keselowski! So that's one more Cup guy not running full time... But put Kligerman in the car at the other races tbh... Let Keselowski stick to Cup...

Also, Roush needs to get Edwards outta the 60 for at least 15 races... Put Ickler, Darnell, or Colin Braun in tbh... They deserve a ride more than Edwards tbh...
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:27 am

*****Danica May Be In Sprint Cup Next Year*****

Rumor going around that Danica is in the talks on getting a full Nationwide ride for 2012 running select cup races in 2012 also. She also may go full time in Sprint Cup for 2013. If this all were to happen, it is rumored that JR. Motorsports would go to the Sprint Cup Series for 2013 (you have to mention that JR.'s contract at Hendrick comes up this year and the new cars are coming in for '13 so idk.)

A possibility is that JR. gets a one year deal with Hendrick (so you have Johnson, Godon, Kahne, and Jr.) then in 2013 he moves his team up so he has him and Danica running on his sprint cup team that year but that is doubtful.

Jr. will probably sign another big ass contract with Hendrick and then move his team to Sprint Cup in 2013 but only have on driver (which would be Danica)

you guys got any other scenarios??
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:29 am

Go...Away....Danica.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:30 am

Allegedly Jr is looking to sign a 3 year contract extension to match Jimmie Johnson for 2015...

Danica will probably stick with JR Motorsports with running the 25 in Cup for 7 races or Jr can throw out a deal to get Danica in the 7 car for a few races by giving Chevy support to Robby again and give him parts in the deal... Unless Robby is gone by next year lol

Although, with how undecisive Danica has been lately, she'll probably pull the same deal for next year as this year... lol
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:48 am

Ugh, she hasn't even come close to transitioning completely from IndyCar to NASCAR. It's so retarded. She's never going to become competitive in either one if she doesn't stick her focus to ONE THING. She'll always have flashes of brilliance every now and then on either side. But I doubth she'll ever be a full fledged contender if she keeps this up.

As for Dale Jr, he's in an upswing right now. He starts winning multiple races per year again, and his value goes through the roof. Hendrick would be crazy not to keep him around at least for another year, depending on if the rest of this season follows this trend of consistently good finishes.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:51 am

i think she needs to drop indy cars
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:51 am

I call Danica to Nationwide next year.
Full time in the Jr Motorsports #7, along with 7 truck races, a few ARCA races, and a few Cup races in a Hendrick #25. But I doubt that she'll commit to Nascar for more than 1 year. If she does bad, she'll switch right back.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:55 am

She needs to be in ARCA for a year..or two..or three..But I bet she thinks she's too good for a full season of ARCA. She wont commit to anything that she isn't getting a lot of attention or, where she doesnt think shes in competitive equipment.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:58 am

ARCA really doesn't do shit at all as far as learning, might as well just stay in the nationwide series for a year or two. And honestly if Milka Duno could lead a ARCA race, Danica could rape them lol.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:02 am

I know this is crazy, but I don't find it that bad she moves to the Nationwide Series, she's shown she isn't that bad in Nationwide (although the fields aren't near as competitive as they used to be), but it's better than 15th out of 25th in IndyCar on road courses.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:17 am

ya auz has a point, she's shown that she can race the nationwide cars better than indy cars. i think the switch to nascar fully would be good but dont just throw her in the Sprint Cup series. let her progress and get her talent up in the nationwide series. and wasnt she like 3rd in points this year before she went off to indy? if so i could see her running for the title
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:41 am

If you think Robby will just step over and align with Jr. and give Danica then 7? No! If he aligns with Jr. it goes against the very reason he moved away from RCR.

As far as Danica, She's not a bad driver but she has to commit to Nationwide before going to Cup. If she finishs Top 10 in the standings in her first year then yes she should be allowed to race a little cup, otherwise no.

Also, Kimi Raikkonen tested Robby's car today at VIR. I smell a Fin in a RGM car very, very soon. coughinfineoncough
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:31 pm

I knew that the day that Kimi was rumored to run a Nationwide race... lol

It's like, okay? He finishes in the top 15 with honestly some veteran moves for passes and missed wrecks like he's driven a truck all his life... He's got potential, obviously... If he sticks with NASCAR, he might be a good driver. But then again, basing it off of 1 truck run, you can't jump to conclusions... lol
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Hes a helluva driver and did show he can hold on to the truck if its loose as hell, but hes just going wayy to fast lol. Especially since hes not sure about it yet, and the fact he would need to move his family to the US after a period of time. If he wants to run R/C's then more power to him though, he ain't a F1 champ for no reason.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:38 pm

Well yeah, run Joe's 87 at Road America and Watkins Glen and what not..

He will make his Sprint Cup debut at Infineon even if he drives Brandon Ash's equipment... I mean, being an F1 champ generally means you have to be good at road courses right? lol

But trying to get to Cup by the end of the year is a tough schedule to throw on yourself... Danica is actually doing it right, unlike many before her. She's taken her time, racing here and there and learning it while also doing what she's been doing for a while now... JPM ran like 3 ARCA races, then moved to like 7 Nationwide race, and then immediately moved to Cup fulltime. Which I will admit, he showed some promise at Texas when he went there for the first time. He's bound to get an oval win here in the next year or so, no doubt. He just has to stop being so prickish...

Danica looks like she's gonna do the full Nationwide Series, and with the experience she has now, it looks like it could be a promising year. Will she be ready for Cup in 2013? I highly doubt it, but kudos for her for taking it so slow.

Kimi's got this year to decide, because his contract ends I guess. So I guess that's why he's pushing it. Hope it works out well for him, though
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Montoya has always been like that, he was the Kyle Busch of F1 back in the early 2000's lol. And if you can control a F1 car as good as he did on the roadies a stockcar won't be too hard to get used to, its just the weight difference. But he's never driven a oval, so if hes going for the ovals hes gonna be pretty effed lol.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Montoya just moved too fast, but it worked for him so far, despite not having the win on an oval yet...

Here's a good pic of Stenhouse's win from Sunday:

http://www.thepacelap.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/2011-Iowa-May-NNS-Race-Stenhouse-Salutes-fans.jpg
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:52 pm

lollin'
Quote :
AND Kimi Raikkonen tested at Virginia International Raceway, the
3.27-mile road course in Danville, on Tuesday. And, according to
multiple sources at the track, it took only a half-dozen laps for the
former Formula One champ to rip the nose off the front end of the #7
Dodge he was testing for Robby Gordon Motorsports.(FoxSports)(5-25-2011)
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:48 am

Guess he still thought it was a F1 car Razz Some people are saying he might of hit a ditch in the grass but I wanna see photos first before I believe that lol.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:26 am

X-Games is adding a enduro motorcross race this year, and uh.. yeah this is the track they will be racing xD

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 94129116448532337682
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:27 am

i really hope they dont move him up through the series' too fast
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next