Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners

Share | 

Random Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bakes991
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4496
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Fri May 27, 2011 9:11 am

Day 5 without sound on this computer... pos... -_-

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Fri May 27, 2011 2:55 pm

http://snardfarker.ning.com/profiles/blogs/patriot-act-extension-hr-514-2

Find your congressman on that list. And in the next election...Because you will likely be old enough to vote when they are up for re-election...and if they voted yes..VOTE THEM OUT for voting for this constitutional abortion.

It came out today that Sarah Palin is apparently 2nd in polling for the Republican Nomination for President. Are you kidding me? The only I hope I can take from it is that Ron Paul is currently 3rd, not a huge massive margin out of 2nd. He needs to get some support rolling. The more America goes down, the more messages like his will work with the people.

Got a live feed looking at the Fukushima reactors. Reactor 4 has been leaning a lot today and looks to be on the verge of collapse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FptmoVcgpqg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Fri May 27, 2011 4:18 pm

I am giving more information..about not only the importance, but the absurdity of the failure of this Texas Anti-TSA law.

This whole thing started because Miss Texas was groped before going on to a plane in Dallas, she was caught on video crying after feeling violated by it.

In Texas, after the 1822 reconstruction a corrupt governor was kicked out and the constitution was changed to make the Governor more of a figure head and the Leutinant Governor is given more power.

A poll was done in a few cities in Texas. 98 PERCENT...NINETY EIGHT. Said they were against the TSA.

This issue was taken to the Texas Legislature. In the house...The Anti-TSA bill passed 138-0...UNANIMOUSLY..How rare is it that on an issue as rare as that we have total uninimity. You have to be kidding me that this can fail.

About 2 days ago the Federal Government threatened Texas with a no-fly zone in Texas. A BLOCKADE on Texas flights. A blockade is what started the civil war. Theres no legal precidence for this...This is government run amok plain and simple. Its illegal to begin with, but it isnt being enforced.

Anyway, this bill had support of 30 of our 31 senator..Should have passed with flying colours. But our Lt. Governor David Dewhurst who is in the pocket of the lobbyists and the CIA came in and due to his power, single handedly and quietly shut this bill down. Alex Jones led a spontaneous march on the capitol and within an hour almost 1000 people showerd up.

So the TSA pat downs, of premature babies continues...The TSA sexual assaults on good looking women continues. The TSA ripping out peoples cholostemy bags continues forcing urine to be spilled on themselves continues. TSA making little kids strip infront of an airport full of people...Continues. The TSA making people remove their prosthetic arms and legs continues. The TSA irradiating people with their naked viewing full body scanners continues. The TSA conditioning our kids to allow people in uniform to violate our freedoms continues. The 7 year old son of Alex Jones asked him. After being groped in an airport mind you, "If you told me to not let strangers touch me, should I allow a man in a uniform to stick his hand down my pants" I refer back to the line of James Madison that I posted last night.

I have not read the bill, but the Pres. has signed the extention of the Patriot Act into existence. Ron Paul says that hidden in this bill is the effective military dictatorial powers given to the President. He can now assassinate anyone, including American citizens if he so chose, accoding to Alex Jones. Given that I need to look into the bill to see what it says..

This is what America has become. I know people might say that what i'm saying is somehow unpatriotic..or say that I dont care about the protection of this country. That is wrong. I say these things because I care about what is going to happen to the people in this country. And I think people need to be awakened to the things that I believe are happening. I do believe that most of America is entirely asleep as to whats going on. Blinded their sports, reality tv shows, Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Katy Perry, Talk Radio, tv news stations. I admit I like those things too..but there has to be a point...America can't go on letting our government continue in this INCREDIBLE level of corruption that is going. If the people dont wake up..and stand up. I am shocked that something that 98 percent of the people support, 99 percent of the legislature supports, is shut down by the federal government.

I can go on all night about this...I am just so incredibly fired up about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 pm

trbfan wrote:
This is what America has become. I know people might say that what i'm saying is somehow unpatriotic..or say that I dont care about the protection of this country. That is wrong. I say these things because I care about what is going to happen to the people in this country. And I think people need to be awakened to the things that I believe are happening. I do believe that most of America is entirely asleep as to whats going on. Blinded their sports, reality tv shows, Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Katy Perry, Talk Radio, tv news stations. I admit I like those things too..but there has to be a point...America can't go on letting our government continue in this INCREDIBLE level of corruption that is going. If the people dont wake up..and stand up. I am shocked that something that 98 percent of the people support, 99 percent of the legislature supports, is shut down by the federal government.

Agreed 100%, I find it pretty sad that more fucking people are going to vote for the stupid American Idol crap than people are going to be voting in the US, 95 million people voted for that stupid show.

The whole TSA stuff is just total bullshit, it's a huge violation of our privacy if you ask me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Fri May 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Honestly, what could we do besides voting. a small group of people that will actually do something instead saying they "support" it won't do jack shit.. lol. At this point I just think what will be will be. I'm more concerned about personal stuff and having fun instead of worrying about stuff that won't really effect me that bad. Say as much as you want that it will, but whatever does happen, happens. Its REALLY hard to even try to overthrow a decision the government made. All we can do is vote and that is it.

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon #77

3X Retro Series Champion
2X ROC Champion
2X ASA Champion
1X RIROC Champion

AF: 4-3 DEN: 4-3 PIT: 3-3

Online Career:
Top 5's: 279
Top 10's: 426
Poles: 29
Wins: 81
Championships: 6
iRacing wins: 21
11/6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Fri May 27, 2011 8:07 pm

You are right..until more people agree..then it gets easier.

I woke up for the GP2 race and I could tell something was going wrong with my back..I woke up dizzy, with numbness along the spine, and heart racing..luckily that has gone away some as the gp2 race has gone on.

My ankle is throbbing..I went running earlier (Which seems to preceed the back problems lol). It feels like there is a ton of pressure in it when I move certain directions..I do roll my ankle a lot but I dont remember doing it this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat May 28, 2011 1:36 am

you probably popped it out a little bit, that happens to me all the time in my left foot. I can never figure out which position to pop it back in, so I eventfully do it sleeping or doing something else.

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon #77

3X Retro Series Champion
2X ROC Champion
2X ASA Champion
1X RIROC Champion

Online Career:
11/6
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat May 28, 2011 2:10 am

Or the fact that I run like horse has damaged some of the muscles in there Sad or caused swelling.

Heres 2 more great stories that came out today:

Cop kills a 14 year old cause he was "scared" (lied about it):
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/88698.html

That one is a local story to me.

Second one is just...Disturbing.

"Investigators: Polk deputy tied naked children to desk, beat them with paddle"
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-polk-detention-deputy-charged-20110526,0,1994855.story

Edit: Found another gem from the Pema County Sheriff's murderer department...Oops I meant SWAT team.

This guy was an IRAQ veteran..Server two tours..The SWAT teams shows up at his house..Says he was holding a rifle...No evidence of that. I believe they were doing a drug run (Yea dont get me started on that either)..I dont believe they found drugs either...Well helmet footage is released from someone. There was only 54 seconds from when they showed up to when the guy was dead. They shot the guy 60 times...SIXTY.

They found NO evidence of ANYTHING wrong..They had no search warrant...They would not let paramedics get to him for an hour. All part of the pattern that keeps going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat May 28, 2011 5:06 am

Is it just me or does the way Wetz present these stories make it look like cops are murderers?
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver

Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat May 28, 2011 6:03 am

RobbyG723 wrote:
Is it just me or does the way Wetz present these stories make it look like cops are murderers?

Do you think he is black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat May 28, 2011 6:25 am

I am not black, and I do not think cops are murderers...For instance the cops we have here are usually fine. And in most places the cops are generally fine.

What I am seeing, and this is being backed up on place after place I read, even being mentioned by fellow policeman, that many people join the force because they like the power. This has happened all along im sure, but as time goes by (and maybe its because everyone has a camera now) this seems to be a bigger issue. I have serious problems with the overuse of items such as tasers. It looks to me as if more cops are using excessive force too often. I've seen many people say that the police is now being used as more of a militia because many of these people are seeing a huge increase in the number of the incidents. I dont know if I want to go that far, but what I am seeing is troubling in my head atleast. I do think some police officers do believe they are above the law, and that is sad. I just dont want this issue to spread, or to have things like have happened to other people happen to me.

Another trend that goes along with this that is disturbing to me is that police officers are now arresting people (without legal precedence or reasoning) who are trying to video tape police officers on their jobs. Something that I believe should be absolutely free for anyone to do because it helps to prevent corruption..Its just keeping people honest in their jobs. One kid was video taping a cop searching a car. He wasnt in the way, he wasn't saying anything. The cop came over and arrested him..Did not give him his miranda (illegal), did not inform his parents that he had been taken in (illegal). They left the kid chained to a bench for 3 hours. After 3 hours they finally told him he was free go to he asked why they kept him. The Deputy said "because you pissed off Officer ...(forgot his name)."

Its all part of the same national trend that I am seeing with things like the Patriot Act, and the No-Fly Zone threatened in Texas. Its all part of the Government getting too much power and it being run unchecked by America. And I dont like where that could go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat May 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Yep just had the worst race of my online career ever.. Ironically at my best track (Lowes). Didn't get any practice time, wrecked in Qualifying. Started 14th, moved my way up to the top 5 until a lapper decides to hit the wall and then drive down the track. Of course I'm the one who gets in to it. Car gets damaged, only lost about a MPH in Speed (realistic damage). Car was absolutely junk after it. I felt like Kurt Busch out there. Bouncin' off walls every fucking lap. Wouldn't turn at all. Was so so frustrating. Especially considering I swept all 3 Lowes races last season in LNR and to go from that, to how I ran tonight was horrible. Not to mention they've got some serious fuckin' hacks over there now so I probably wouldn't of won anyways. This kind of junk makes me want to take a looong break from this game lol. Which is probably a good idea all considering what I've got going on in my life right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat May 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Taking a break is doing some good for me Robson.. sucks when we get back to racing I'll probably will have started my job by then. Then I won't be able to race at all lol.

Tomorrow at 12 ET I think there is going to be live Q for the R/C touring car Reedy Nationals, pretty much the biggest event in on road for R/C. over 100 entries for this year. And sometime later on tomorrow will be the heats. Main races will be on Sunday, not sure what time yet, but I would sugest watching. These guys put on a helluva show every year, its insane to watch them go so fast around the track.

Go to this website: http://liverc.com/ then look on the right where it says live races, click on the 2011 Reedy OnRoad Nationals.

Preview video for the weekend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1F4JAvcyoA&feature=channel_video_title

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon #77

3X Retro Series Champion
2X ROC Champion
2X ASA Champion
1X RIROC Champion

Online Career:
11/6
Back to top Go down
bmxrcodol04
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 5:36 am

Oh man, my prom is tonight Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 6:30 am

bmxrcodol04 wrote:
Oh man, my prom is tonight Wink

Nice..

Also this is very creepy: http://www.nileguide.com/blog/2010/08/28/8-abandoned-theme-parks-abroad-open-for-exploration/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 7:41 am

real active on teamspeak today

[02:17:31] David Krikorian quit
[03:24:21] WTF Tornado75 quit
[03:39:41] Chris Wetz #2 quit
[03:42:52] Codol quit

[04:05:27] WTF Tornado75 joined channel
[04:05:32] WTF Tornado75 quit
[11:36:29] Ellery joined channel
[11:36:33] Ellery quit
[13:54:06] Codol joined channel
[14:38:43] Chris Wetz #2 joined channel
[14:39:10] Adam joined channel

[14:39:46] Adam quit
[17:11:55] Chris Wetz #2 quit
[17:29:48] Codol quit

Solstice Racing Winter Proline Truck Series Season 10 Champion
Solstice Racing Proline Cup Series Season 3 Champion
VSR Nationwide Series Season 1 Champion
VSR Winston Cup Series Champion
Solstice Racing ASA Indycar Series Oval Champion
Solstice Racing Road of Champions Class B Champion

64 NR2003 League Race wins
Latest: 11/16/14 OSW SNC @ Phoenix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 10:32 am

Well...Thats the first time I've binned it at the top of Eau Rouge in a league race.

And this:

Are you kidding me? 2 people in love dancing caused this? You know those other people may be stupid for doing it...but they are doing nothing more than dancing...Absolutely pathetic. Constitutional Amendment #1045..Dancing is now illegal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 11:05 am

That looks pretty fake.

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon #77

3X Retro Series Champion
2X ROC Champion
2X ASA Champion
1X RIROC Champion

Online Career:
11/6
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 11:10 am

What a joke
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 11:20 am

NASCARGearHead wrote:
That looks pretty fake.

I dont know if he announced he was going there...well..I suppose he would have had to..It was supposed to be a "silent" dance party in celebration of the First Amendment and Thomas Jefferson. So they went to the publicly funded Jefferson Memorial (weird yea, crime no). That guy in white is a host of a tv show on Russia today. Which is a Russian-English tv channel His name is Adam Kokesh.

Actually I found the whole video..They may be stupid..but they commited no crime. I especially like the part when they couldnt tell em a crime they were commiting, because in reality..there was no crime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jUU3yCy3uI&feature=player_embedded#at=150

Yea..Infact he did advertise it on youtube..and they were waiting for him..Just found his youtube video announcing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 11:25 am

If a judge ruled it illegal to do then yes it is a crime. A ridiculous crime yeah. That's what this system we have has come to. We've got people dancing in memorial of Thomas Jefferson and get arrested for it, yet people are being murdered every day and they don't seem none to worried about things like that.

This country is so idiotic sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 12:22 pm

weoo happy Saturdays, Date with the ladyfriend Smile Now partayy at 11.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 1:54 pm

People will call bullshit on what I said, but this Dutchsinse guy has been predicting severe weather, even tornadoes about 2 days in advance, and he keeps getting a bunch of them right, and usually he's predicting one pretty specific area.

He predicted severe weather near Pueblo, CO about 2 days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtJ9QBDlGGs&feature=player_profilepage

Then, about an hour or two ago:

"THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DENVER HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
CENTRAL LINCOLN COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL COLORADO

* UNTIL 945 PM MDT

* AT 853 PM MDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 18 MILES WEST OF
BOYERO...OR 28 MILES SOUTH"

Pretty interesting predictions he's been making, he's seriously like 5-10 miles off the prediction he made about 2 days ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Shit I hope the group of guys I know from R/C are okay in Pueblo and Denver, thats exactly where they are right now racing.

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon #77

3X Retro Series Champion
2X ROC Champion
2X ASA Champion
1X RIROC Champion

Online Career:
11/6
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm pretty sure the storm has passed that area now, looking on Intellicast, it's heading towards Goodland, KS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

Random Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next