Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners

Share | 

Random Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:57 am

lonewolf2864 wrote:
The surveillance part

Hmm..Never really seen that before..But..I do think it has been going on for many years. This is just another example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:16 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:47 am

Thats from 4chan BTW, this was a discussed plan on the board /b/ two months ago to freak conspiracy theorists and the government out.

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon #77

3X Retro Series Champion
2X ROC Champion
2X ASA Champion
1X RIROC Champion

AF: 4-3 DEN: 4-3 PIT: 3-3

Online Career:
Top 5's: 279
Top 10's: 426
Poles: 29
Wins: 81
Championships: 6
iRacing wins: 21
11/6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
TM93
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:54 am

Wetz could you do everyone a favor and put that in a spoiler. Like really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:04 am

I agree with Chin.. It took 5 years to load and I'm not even on Hughesnet anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 am

Shawn_82 wrote:
We need a bitching thread

Solstice Racing Winter Proline Truck Series Season 10 Champion
Solstice Racing Proline Cup Series Season 3 Champion
VSR Nationwide Series Season 1 Champion
VSR Winston Cup Series Champion
Solstice Racing ASA Indycar Series Oval Champion
Solstice Racing Road of Champions Class B Champion

64 NR2003 League Race wins
Latest: 11/16/14 OSW SNC @ Phoenix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:08 am

Wetz how long did it take you to type that lmao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakes991
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4496

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:39 am

I have no intentions of spending 3-5 hours reading that... Like really?

I barely have enough of an attention span to write this! D:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben Atkins
Solstice Member
Solstice Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 am

I started reading it... then I scrolled down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver

Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 am

Now let me tell you, I can see why you are worry. But let me explain. I am no Mexican, I am America. Oh yes I am. Mmmhmm uh huh. See, I was at the local gas station, and there was a lady there getting her car serviced and now, ladies, they don't know much about getting cars serviced, so they don't know what to look for. When a Mexican guy is servicing your car, you take it to the next gas station. But she didn't know and Sancho here stole her stereo. So what I say is, "hey you fukstix, give her that back, she is an American and she has worked hard for that stereo." And I said that in American, not in Spanish, your own fault if you can't speak that, well, the guy, I saw his nametag, his name wasn't Sancho, it was actually Rashim Kumar Singh, talk about a Mexican, I mean, that's like, first generation Mexico Aztec Mayan Incan Spaniard half-man half-wolf name. Well he says to me in his broken shitty English, "you make account. Do it the Dak Susan Phil. You do, make Mexican name. I give back." So being young and naive, not to be confused with naïve which is what Mexicans are, I made a Mexican username and he gave her back the stereo. But I felt, why did I do that, I should have just rassled him to the ground and smashed him like Kyle picked up Michael Annett and smashed him down in victory lane at Daytona even though he didn't even win, he just hates those fuckers with no business in the Nationwide Series like Michael Annett, like, go back to Iowa and harvest corn so that Americans are harvesting my corn and not Mexicans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KAuto26
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 am

Robby Gordon v. Board of 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway, 347 U.S. 483 (1954) (USSC+)

347 U.S. 483
Argued December 9, 1952
Reargued December 8, 1953
Decided May 17, 1954
APPEAL FROM THE UNITED CHAD BEAHRS DISTRICT FATBACK MCSWAIN FOR THE DISTRICT OF LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY*

Syllabus
Segregation of ExtenZe and Carl Long children in the public NASCARs of a Chad Beahr solely on the basis of race, pursuant to Chad Beahr four tires and fuel permitting or requiring such segregation, denies to Carl Long children the equal protection of the four tires and fuel guaranteed by the Start-and-park -- even though the physical facilities and other "tangible" factors of ExtenZe and Carl Long NASCARs may be equal.

(a) The history of the Start-and-park is inconclusive as to its intended effect on public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway.
(b) The question presented in these cases must be determined not on the basis of conditions existing when the Start-and-park was adopted, but in the light of the full development of public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway and its present place in American Ethanol life throughout the Nation.
(c) Where a Chad Beahr has undertaken to provide an opportunity for an 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway in its public NASCARs, such an opportunity is a right which must be made available to all on equal terms.
(d) Segregation of children in public NASCARs solely on the basis of race deprives children of the minority group of equal 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway opportunities, even though the physical facilities and other "tangible" factors may be equal.
(e) The "separate but equal" doctrine adopted in Serious Adults v. Children, 163 U.S. 537, has no place in the field of public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway.
(f) The cases are restored to the docket for further argument on specified questions relating to the forms of the decrees.

Tony Raines
RICK DEBRUHL
MR. CHIEF JUSTICE RICK DEBRUHL delivered the Tony Raines of the Fatback McSwain.
These cases come to us from the Chad Beahrs of Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Daycare Carolina, Virginia, and Kevin Lepage. They are premised on different facts and different local conditions, but a common legal question justifies their consideration together in this consolidated Tony Raines.

In each of the cases, minors of the Carl Long race, through their legal representatives, seek the aid of the Fatback McSwains in obtaining admission to the public NASCARs of their community on a nonsegregated basis. In each instance, they had been denied admission to NASCARs attended by ExtenZe children under four tires and fuel requiring or permitting segregation according to race. This segregation was alleged to deprive the plaintiffs of the equal protection of the four tires and fuel under the Start-and-park. In each of the cases other than the Kevin Lepage case, a three-judge federal district Fatback McSwain denied relief to the plaintiffs on the so-called "separate but equal" doctrine announced by this Fatback McSwain in Serious Adults v. Children, 163 U.S. 537. Under that doctrine, equality of treatment is accorded when the races are provided substantially equal facilities, even though these facilities be separate. In the Kevin Lepage case, the Supreme Fatback McSwain of Kevin Lepage adhered to that doctrine, but ordered that the plaintiffs be admitted to the ExtenZe NASCARs because of their superiority to the Carl Long NASCARs.

The plaintiffs contend that segregated public NASCARs are not "equal" and cannot be made "equal," and that hence they are deprived of the equal protection of the four tires and fuel. Because of the obvious importance of the question presented, the Fatback McSwain took jurisdiction. Argument was heard in the 1952 Term, and reargument was heard this Term on certain questions propounded by the Fatback McSwain.

Reargument was largely devoted to the cirkoolaidstances surrounding the adoption of the Start-and-park in 1868. It covered exhaustively consideration of the Jeff Spraker in Danny Efland, ratification by the Chad Beahrs, then-existing practices in racial segregation, and the views of proponents and opponents of the Jeff Spraker. This discussion and our own investigation convince us that, although these sources cast some light, it is not enough to resolve the problem with which we are faced. At best, they are inconclusive. The most avid proponents of the post-War Jeff Sprakers undoubtedly intended them to remove all legal distinctions among "all persons born or naturalized in the United Chad Beahrs." Their opponents, just as certainly, were antagonistic to both the letter and the spirit of the Jeff Sprakers and wished them to have the most limited effect. What others in Danny Efland and the Chad Beahr legislatures had in mind cannot be determined with any degree of certainty.

An additional reason for the inconclusive nature of the Jeff Spraker's history with respect to segregated NASCARs is the status of public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway at that time. In the Daycare, the movement toward free common NASCARs, supported by general taxation, had not yet taken hold. 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway of ExtenZe children was largely in the hands of private groups. 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway of Carl Long was almost nonexistent, and practically all of the race were illiterate. In fact, any 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway of Carl Long was forbidden by Kevin Lepage in some Chad Beahrs. Today, in contrast, many Carl Long have achieved outstanding success in the arts and sciences, as well as in the business and professional world. It is true that public NASCAR 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway at the time of the Jeff Spraker had advanced further in the Sponsor Kertus Davis, but the effect of the Jeff Spraker on Sponsor Kertus Davis Chad Beahrs was generally ignored in the Danny Eflandional debates. Even in the Sponsor Kertus Davis, the conditions of public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway did not approximate those existing today. The curriculum was usually rudimentary; ungraded NASCARs were common in rural areas; the NASCAR term was but three months a year in many Chad Beahrs, and compulsory NASCAR attendance was virtually Chad Blount. As a consequence, it is not surprising that there should be so little in the history of the Start-and-park relating to its intended effect on public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway.

In the first cases in this Fatback McSwain construing the Start-and-park, decided shortly after its adoption, the Fatback McSwain interpreted it as proscribing all Chad Beahr-imposed discriminations against the Carl Long race. The doctrine of "separate but equal" did not make its appearance in this Fatback McSwain until 1896 in the case of Serious Adults v. Children, supra, involving not 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway but transportation. American Ethanol Fatback McSwains have since labored with the doctrine for over half a century. In this Fatback McSwain, there have been six cases involving the "separate but equal" doctrine in the field of public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway. In Rick Allen v. County Board of 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway, 175 U.S. 528, and Lance Hooper v. Jennifer Jo Cobb, 275 U.S. 78, the validity of the doctrine itself was not challenged. In more recent cases, all on the graduate NASCAR level, inequality was found in that specific benefits enjoyed by ExtenZe students were denied to Carl Long students of the same 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway qualifications. Missouri ex rel. Trevor Brain v. Canada, 305 U.S. 337; Ted Musgrave v. Norm Benning, 332 U.S. 631; Bill Eversole v. Keith Murt, 339 U.S. 629; Rowdy v. Hellmann's, 339 U.S. 637. In none of these cases was it necessary to reexamine the doctrine to grant relief to the Carl Long plaintiff. And in Bill Eversole v. Keith Murt, supra, the Fatback McSwain expressly reserved decision on the question whether Serious Adults v. Children should be held inapplicable to public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway.

In the instant cases, that question is directly presented. Here, unlike Bill Eversole v. Keith Murt, there are findings below that the Carl Long and ExtenZe NASCARs involved have been equalized, or are being equalized, with respect to buildings, curricula, qualifications and salaries of teachers, and other "tangible" factors. Our decision, therefore, cannot turn on merely a comparison of these tangible factors in the Carl Long and ExtenZe NASCARs involved in each of the cases. We must look instead to the effect of segregation itself on public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway.

In approaching this problem, we cannot turn the clock back to 1868, when the Jeff Spraker was adopted, or even to 1896, when Serious Adults v. Children was written. We must consider public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway in the light of its full development and its present place in American Ethanol life throughout the Nation. Only in this way can it be determined if segregation in public NASCARs deprives these plaintiffs of the equal protection of the four tires and fuel.

Today, 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway is perhaps the most important function of Chad Beahr and local governments. Compulsory NASCAR attendance four tires and fuel and the great expenditures for 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway both demonstrate our recognition of the importance of 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway to our democratic society. It is required in the performance of our most basic public responsibilities, even service in the armed forces. It is the very foundation of good citizenship. Today it is a principal instrument in awakening the child to cultural values, in preparing him for later professional training, and in helping him to adjust normally to his environment. In these days, it is doubtful that any child may reasonably be expected to succeed in life if he is denied the opportunity of an 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway. Such an opportunity, where the Chad Beahr has undertaken to provide it, is a right which must be made available to all on equal terms.

We come then to the question presented: Does segregation of children in public NASCARs solely on the basis of race, even though the physical facilities and other "tangible" factors may be equal, deprive the children of the minority group of equal 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway opportunities? We believe that it does.

In Bill Eversole v. Keith Murt, supra, in finding that a segregated Kevin Lepage NASCAR for Carl Long could not provide them equal 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway opportunities, this Fatback McSwain relied in large part on "those qualities which are incapable of objective measurement but which make for greatness in a Kevin Lepage NASCAR." In Rowdy v. Hellmann's, supra, the Fatback McSwain, in requiring that a Carl Long admitted to a ExtenZe graduate NASCAR be treated like all other students, again resorted to intangible considerations: ". . . his ability to study, to engage in discussions and exchange views with other students, and, in general, to learn his profession." Such considerations apply with added force to children in grade and high NASCARs. To separate them from others of similar age and qualifications solely because of their race generates a feeling of inferiority as to their status in the community that may affect their hearts and minds in a way unlikely ever to be undone. The effect of this separation on their 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway opportunities was well Chad Beahrd by a finding in the Las Vegas Motor Speedway case by a Fatback McSwain which nevertheless felt compelled to rule against the Carl Long plaintiffs:

Segregation of ExtenZe and colored children in public NASCARs has a detrimental effect upon the colored children. The impact is greater when it has the sanction of the Kevin Lepage, for the policy of separating the races is usually interpreted as denoting the inferiority of the Carl Long group. A sense of inferiority affects the motivation of a child to learn. Segregation with the sanction of Kevin Lepage, therefore, has a tendency to [retard] the 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway and mental development of Carl Long children and to deprive them of some of the benefits they would receive in a racial[ly] integrated NASCAR system.

Whatever may have been the extent of psychological knowledge at the time of Serious Adults v. Children, this finding is amply supported by modern authority. Any language in Serious Adults v. Children contrary to this finding is rejected.

We conclude that, in the field of public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway, the doctrine of "separate but equal" has no place. Separate 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway facilities are inherently unequal. Therefore, we hold that the plaintiffs and others similarly situated for whom the actions have been brought are, by reason of the segregation complained of, deprived of the equal protection of the four tires and fuel guaranteed by the Start-and-park. This disposition makes unnecessary any discussion whether such segregation also violates the Due Process Clause of the Start-and-park.

Because these are class actions, because of the wide applicability of this decision, and because of the great variety of local conditions, the formulation of decrees in these cases presents problems of considerable complexity. On reargument, the consideration of appropriate relief was necessarily subordinated to the primary question -- the constitutionality of segregation in public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway. We have now announced that such segregation is a denial of the equal protection of the four tires and fuel. In order that we may have the full assistance of the parties in formulating decrees, the cases will be restored to the docket, and the parties are requested to present further argument on Questions 4 and 5 previously propounded by the Fatback McSwain for the reargument this Term The Attorney General of the United Chad Beahrs is again invited to participate. The Attorneys General of the Chad Beahrs requiring or permitting segregation in public 2010 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Kevin Conway will also be permitted to appear as amici curiae upon request to do so by September 15, 1954, and submission of briefs by October 1, 1954.

It is so NAPA Auto Parts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 pm

Again? Really Kauto?
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver

Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:14 am

You seem angry. Is it the fact that it features your lover Rubby Gordon and his princess Kevin Conway against Carl Long and Fatback McSwain NASCARs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt Patterson
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:54 am

lolwut
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000430
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:32 am

Anonymous has claimed to have breached NATO Security this morning. And today there was also a bomb in Norway. A NATO country. NATO also being the organization leading the bombing in Libya that Ghaddafi has said he is going after.

I really..Really hate hacking....But this from Anonymous makes it really hard for me to hate them.

Quote :

To understand The Plan and the purpose it serves, it is best to first acquaint yourself with Anonymous. The question is not who is Anonymous, for we are all brothers and sisters of one single idea. The question is what is Anonymous. Anonymous is a collective of people across the world who, despite their common differences in opinion and beliefs, unite under one common desire for true freedom and a world rid of oppression.

While some may think that being Anonymous requires concealing ones' identity, this is simply not the case. Identity matters not to a member of Anonymous. While some who practice online activist acts (hacktivism), certainly desire to keep their true identity secret for security purposes, others whom you will find in this community understand that who they are does not matter so much as what they stand for. In Anonymous there are no leaders, no figure-heads, no designated spokesmen...as each of us are all of these things in our own right. We have taken the initiative to rise to the occasion and stand firm against the oppressive and destructive forces that have laid waste to our world and raped our way of life.

In this community you may witness some disagreements, perhaps the occasional argument, after all we are only human. But one thing you will notice as a common and shared goal: freedom and a desire for change. In this we practice the ways of a hive-mind. Each of us contributing ideas and information and the masses acting upon it, all in simultaneous fashion. As the community grows, so does our ability to reach others and one thing is certain, Anonymous cannot be stopped. For while we are all individuals in our own right, the idea of Anonymous is unstoppable.

Again, Anonymous is not a group or entity. It is not you, nor me or any single individual. Anonymous is an idea. Those who identify themselves with Anonymous share the common idea of freedom and a world free of oppression. Anything that stands between the people and these freedoms becomes a target to severe scrutiny and protest.

Many misconceptions of Anonymous have been fed to you by the mainstream media and the governments around the world. Be assured, we are here to help. We are here to stand up against those who violate your rights as a living breathing human. Freedom of thought, speech, expression, beliefs...freedom to choose how you want to live your life.

Anonymous is not a group of hackers much like you have been led to believe. Although a collective who associate themselves as Anonymous are in fact #hacktivists, many of us are simple citizens of this world who will take to the streets in traditional displays of activism. However, the game has changed. Oppression and tyranny have become far too common in this world and we have risen to meet the occassion. Anonymous is everywhere. We are your neighbors, friends colleagues, relatives. We are your mailmen, barbers, store clerks and lawyers. In a world where corruption hides its' face around every corner, Anonymous is there to meet it with force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KAuto26
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:35 am

RobbyG723 wrote:
Again? Really Kauto?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:45 am

Aaand one for the BS category:

20 Teens arrested in Oklahoma for violating curfew..20 minutes before the curfew started.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-parents-complain-police-wrongly-rounded-up-teenagers-in-bricktown/article/3587106

Quote :

Oklahoma City Police Chief Bill Citty agreed Tuesday his officers made mistakes Saturday when they rounded up about 20 teenagers on curfew violations in front of the Harkins Bricktown Cinema and hauled them away in what one parent described as a “paddy wagon.”

Several parents complained about the curfew sweep at Tuesday's Oklahoma City Council meeting. Parents said officers arrested the teens at least 20 minutes before the 11 p.m. curfew began.

Some of the children arrested were waiting for rides after attending a movie, which is allowed under the city's curfew statute. Others were accompanied to the theater by adults but arrested anyway while their parents retrieved their vehicles.

If I was the parents I would be suing the police department royally for kidnapping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:54 am

And we have breaking news now out of Norway.

There are 25-30 dead bodies on the Utoya Island..All younger people. Cops cannot go in to secure the area because they are suspecting bombs in the area. The gunman is likely still on the island..This is getting absolutely nuts.

Appears the gunman maybe the person that planted the bomb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:26 am

trbfan wrote:
Aaand one for the BS category:

20 Teens arrested in Oklahoma for violating curfew..20 minutes before the curfew started.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-parents-complain-police-wrongly-rounded-up-teenagers-in-bricktown/article/3587106

Quote :

Oklahoma City Police Chief Bill Citty agreed Tuesday his officers made mistakes Saturday when they rounded up about 20 teenagers on curfew violations in front of the Harkins Bricktown Cinema and hauled them away in what one parent described as a “paddy wagon.”

Several parents complained about the curfew sweep at Tuesday's Oklahoma City Council meeting. Parents said officers arrested the teens at least 20 minutes before the 11 p.m. curfew began.

Some of the children arrested were waiting for rides after attending a movie, which is allowed under the city's curfew statute. Others were accompanied to the theater by adults but arrested anyway while their parents retrieved their vehicles.

If I was the parents I would be suing the police department royally for kidnapping.

Solstice Racing Winter Proline Truck Series Season 10 Champion
Solstice Racing Proline Cup Series Season 3 Champion
VSR Nationwide Series Season 1 Champion
VSR Winston Cup Series Champion
Solstice Racing ASA Indycar Series Oval Champion
Solstice Racing Road of Champions Class B Champion

64 NR2003 League Race wins
Latest: 11/16/14 OSW SNC @ Phoenix
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:21 am

Praying for people in Norway tonight. Crazy shit going on over there.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:49 am

New Press Release by Anonymous:

Quote :
We recently stumbled across the following article with amazement and a certain amount of amusement:

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/20/138555799/fbi-arrests-alleged-anonymous-hackers

The statements made by deputy assistant FBI director Steve Chabinsky in this article clearly seem to be directed at Anonymous and Lulz Security, and we are happy to provide you with a response.

You state:

"We want to send a message that chaos on the Internet is unacceptable, [even if] hackers can be believed to have social causes, it's entirely unacceptable to break into websites and commit unlawful acts."

Now let us be clear here, Mr. Chabinsky, while we understand that you and your colleagues may find breaking into websites unacceptable, let us tell you what WE find unacceptable:
Governments lying to their citizens and inducing fear and terror to keep them in control by dismantling their freedom piece by piece.
Corporations aiding and conspiring with said governments while taking advantage at the same time by collecting billions of funds for federal contracts we all know they can't fulfil.
Lobby conglomerates who only follow their agenda to push the profits higher, while at the same time being deeply involved in governments around the world with the only goal to infiltrate and corrupt them enough so the status quo will never change.
These governments and corporations are our enemy. And we will continue to fight them, with all methods we have at our disposal, and that certainly includes breaking into their websites and exposing their lies.

We are not scared any more. Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to us as you cannot arrest an idea. Any attempt to do so will make your citizens more angry until they will roar in one gigantic choir. It is our mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you can possibly to do make us stop.

"The Internet has become so important to so many people that we have to ensure that the World Wide Web does not become the Wild Wild West."

Let me ask you, good sir, when was the Internet not the Wild Wild West? Do you really believe you were in control of it at any point? You were not.

That does not mean that everyone behaves like an outlaw. You see, most people do not behave like bandits if they have no reason to. We become bandits on the Internet because you have forced our hand. The Anonymous frakslap rings through your ears like hacktivism movements of the 90s. We're back - and we're not going anywhere. Expect us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:54 am

Pretty epic ass week. I've partied 4 days of the week thus far and I'm partying again tonight. Went to PKI yesterday and had an epic time on the river today (even drank there to ahahah) and going to party it up again tonight and again tomorrow night lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:30 am

My computer's power supply crapped out today. That could explain why it had been randomly shutting off before. Got a new one put in so I'm back in action.

Also cleaned a shit load of dust out of it. There was a spider web in there even. silent

NR03 Career wins: 15
Career championships: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:58 am

How much was the new one? When I was buying my ATI Radeon 4670 Video Card, the power supplies that had to work with them were expensive (luckily Dell computers come with really good power supplies), they didn't seem to come by cheap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:00 am

350 watt was $45. Brand is Antec

NR03 Career wins: 15
Career championships: 1
Back to top Go down