Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners

Share | 

News Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Between Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, and Michele Bachmann, I just can't comprehend the level of stupidity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Brian they made it this far because of corprate backing and media bias. As sad as it is. I don't like Romney at all either but he is at least better than Bachmann and Perry. I also agree with what you said about the gay issue. I honestly use to be ignorant as fuck to all that shit but I mean. If the bible is about love and what not (Keep in mind I am christian but I am putting my bias aside) and then people say if your gay than you will go to hell. Because its 'in the bible'. Its a pretty big damn contradiction IMO. And if me being on this side of the fence means I'm not christian than you can go suck one for all I care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lambert

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Wow... How many democrats do we have here? You know it's kind of funny when I read these comments and the only thing I see is people talking about "gays". The truth is, we need to get this country back to it's roots, independence. Over the past 3 years of Obama, we've became nothing more that a dependent country. Most of our dollars are in China, and China has us by the balls, they basically own us. We used to be the most stable country in the world, and the wealthiest. Now we are nothing but crap scrappers. And it's b/c of us not creating our jobs and money. Why do you think the economy is so bad. B/C we have had to get bailouts. B/C people won't get off their lazy butt and work. And yeah, Republicans are greedy, but guess what rich people create jobs. Not everyone can make the same amount of money, it doesn't work that way. But yet the government is giving out money, that's not even theirs to begin with, to lazy people who thinks the man owes them money just for breathing, I don't think so. If you want to provide for your family, you get off your butt and get a job. Not taking a government hand out. Honestly, I don't care who will be the Republican candidate, as long as it's not Romney b/c he won't get crap done, I will be voting for them. But it's going to take hard work to get the country back where it needs to be, getting our butts off the couch and out of Wall Street and back at Blue Collar Jobs!!! Instead of being held by the balls by other countries...

CRI Truck Series Season 2 Champion

Latest Win - Richmond (Pro-Line S15)
Latest Finish - Darlington 4th (PROTOform Dash S6)
Latest Pole - Talladega (PROTOform Trucks)

CRI & Solstice Career Stats:
Championships - 4
Starts - 391
Wins - 55
Top 5s - 245
Top 10s - 347
Poles - 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Ok so I agree with most of what you posted Lambert. But tell me. What does someones sexual orientation have ANYTHING to do with the things you touched on? Answer. NOTHING. Its funny because MANY republicans I know always says what happens in someones home, should stay there. They believe in independent (less government) correct? So why does someones sexual orientation annoy them SO much? Answer me that. Legit. Tell me what bothers you so much about people being gay. And don't say "because its in the bible" I want to hear your real opinion and why YOU think its wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackfender2314
Teamspeak Admin
Teamspeak Admin

Number of posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Lambert, i agree with people being lazy and not getting jobs when they could. I've had at least one job, often two jobs, since i was 14. But whether you vote republican or democrat, it wont change this issue. We need a leader and a thinker to get us out of this mess, and it doesn't matter if they are democratic or republican. I see no leaders from the republicans, and Obama is exactly a good one himself. But the fact of the matter is, people shouldn't vote because they want a fresh face in office, they should vote based on who will most effectively lead this country. So far, ill be honest, we haven't seen one since Bill Clinton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Honestly Lambert, I don't mean to knock you, but why are you saying you'll vote for any republican except Romney? Are you implying that all the other candidates are great or you just don't care? People should be caring who they vote for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Other than my Christian beliefs, I actually have a lot to say about gays. First off, I do not judge anyone for being gay, that is you're choice to be that way, and I don't look at you differently then any other person. The problem I have with homosexuality is that creates nothing but problems. Since more and more people have came out of the closet and have had sexual intercourse with the same sex, it's created more diseases than I can count. And honestly, I'm kind of nervous of taking a crap in a public restroom b/c someone could have HIV and I could catch it just from that. And sexual diseases are found more in the gay community, that's a fact. I think you are 75% more likely to catch something if you are having same sex, sex. Another reason is, you can't create anything from being gay either. I'm sorry but it took a female and a male to make you. In all honesty, I don't think gays should be able to have kids, b/c they can't create them themselves, they have to adopt in most cases. Which in turn, makes their adopted kids more prone to being gay themselves. And guess last thing before I offend someone, is that the gay people push gay onto everyone else. And it's not b/c they want other people to be gay, they do if self-consciously. They are different, and the only way to feel like normal people is to push it out their and scream gay pride. I know it's not some of the gay people, but more of a profile like most non-Christians profile Christians.

Championships - 4
Starts - 391
Wins - 55
Top 5s - 245
Top 10s - 347
Poles - 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bmxrcodol04
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:47 pm

LoL

Last edited by bmxrcodol04 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Bill Clinton did one thing better than most Presidents. He worked with the other side, very well and very often. We haven't seen a President work that well with one another since. It made HIM look great, and he got to take majority of the credit for working with the other side and making progress. Obama isn't willing to do that. If he were smart he would, Obama is the worst president we have seen in a long. Long time. Disagree all you want but the facts DON'T lie.

And BTW Lambert, there are many gays who DON'T push there views or orientation on others. Some of your comments (while I respect them) have come out rather ignorant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:52 pm

I do care about who is office. But no mushy Democrat is going to do it, and I swear if Hilary gets elected I will move to Canada. Most Republicans believe in hard work, and getting stuff in working system. I agree, we have not had a decent President in years. Clinton did a lot, I agree. But before Clinton was in office, a lot of stuff was already layed on the table. We need someone who is not afraid to face the world and grab back what is ours. And if take our Military to do it, then so be it. I just don't think that any Democrat can do it.

Championships - 4
Starts - 391
Wins - 55
Top 5s - 245
Top 10s - 347
Poles - 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Jordan Robson wrote:
And BTW Lambert, there are many gays who DON'T push there views or orientation on others. Some of your comments (while I respect them) have come out rather ignorant.

Lambert wrote:
I know it's not some of the gay people

Championships - 4
Starts - 391
Wins - 55
Top 5s - 245
Top 10s - 347
Poles - 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Most Republicans...And Democrats...Including Running for President, and in Congress. No matter what they say they believe are ALL going to bend over for lobbyists and whoever is willing to fund their campaign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:56 pm

And for the first time, I'm going to agree with Wetz.

Championships - 4
Starts - 391
Wins - 55
Top 5s - 245
Top 10s - 347
Poles - 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Honestly Hilary would of been a FAR better option than Obama. js.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakes991
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4497

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:57 pm

trbfan wrote:
Most Republicans...And Democrats...Including Running for President, and in Congress. No matter what they say they believe are ALL going to bend over for lobbyists and whoever is willing to fund their campaign.

And until someone puts a stop to it, that's how it's going to be -_-

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Lambert wrote:
Other than my Christian beliefs, I actually have a lot to say about gays. First off, I do not judge anyone for being gay, that is you're choice to be that way, and I don't look at you differently then any other person. The problem I have with homosexuality is that creates nothing but problems. Since more and more people have came out of the closet and have had sexual intercourse with the same sex, it's created more diseases than I can count. And honestly, I'm kind of nervous of taking a crap in a public restroom b/c someone could have HIV and I could catch it just from that. And sexual diseases are found more in the gay community, that's a fact. I think you are 75% more likely to catch something if you are having same sex, sex. Another reason is, you can't create anything from being gay either. I'm sorry but it took a female and a male to make you. In all honesty, I don't think gays should be able to have kids, b/c they can't create them themselves, they have to adopt in most cases. Which in turn, makes their adopted kids more prone to being gay themselves. And guess last thing before I offend someone, is that the gay people push gay onto everyone else. And it's not b/c they want other people to be gay, they do if self-consciously. They are different, and the only way to feel like normal people is to push it out their and scream gay pride. I know it's not some of the gay people, but more of a profile like most non-Christians profile Christians.

Baseless statement is baseless. The American Psychological Association and the American Medical Association have both supported same sex adoption. Parenting is unrelated to sexual orientation and same sex couples are currently raising 270,000 children, 65,000 of which were adopted. "Gay people push gay onto everyone else". Lawl. If i hadn't said I was gay, you wouldn't even know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Lambert wrote:
I know it's not some of the gay people

Championships - 4
Starts - 391
Wins - 55
Top 5s - 245
Top 10s - 347
Poles - 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:17 am

How you can bear to live with opinions like that is amazing to me.

USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:26 am

I just live my own life, if it's not affecting me do whatever you want. If people want to be gay, let them. I don't have an issue with adoption, gay couples raise perfectly fine kids that decide on whatever orientation that they want. 20 years from now if my own kids comes up to me and tells me that they're gay, I honestly won't have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000430
lonewolf2864
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver

Number of posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:28 am

I really don't have a say in this argument, but we all have our "opinions" on same sex relationships. The biggest point you guys seem to miss in Lamberts posts is that he is in no way trying to downgrade or belittle a single person. It is the act of homosexuality that he is against. We are all humans and we all sin therefore no one is held to a different standard than the other. He is of the Christian faith and lives his life according to the word of God, which makes very clear the act of homosexuality is a sin. It's not the person it's the sin. That person doesn't have to be "gay", but if they choose it thats there business. You guys can have your own opinions and interpretations on the bible if you choose. He has his opinion and you guys have yours.

Just wanted to try and make some since out of all this lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakes991
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4497

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:29 am

Matt Patterson wrote:
20 years from now if my own kids comes up to me and tells me that they're gay, I honestly won't have a problem with it.

That might be the only choice they have at this point!

KIDDING!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:16 am

lonewolf2864 wrote:
I really don't have a say in this argument, but we all have our "opinions" on same sex relationships. The biggest point you guys seem to miss in Lamberts posts is that he is in no way trying to downgrade or belittle a single person. It is the act of homosexuality that he is against. We are all humans and we all sin therefore no one is held to a different standard than the other. He is of the Christian faith and lives his life according to the word of God, which makes very clear the act of homosexuality is a sin. It's not the person it's the sin. That person doesn't have to be "gay", but if they choose it thats there business. You guys can have your own opinions and interpretations on the bible if you choose. He has his opinion and you guys have yours.

Just wanted to try and make some since out of all this lol.

Being gay is not a choice. Let me make that very clear. It is NOT a choice. You don't just wake up one day and decide "Hey, I want to be gay!". With the horrible way gay people are treated, why would anyone choose to be one?

Being gay is not a choice. Accepting what you are is a choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:38 am

I don't have a problem with homosexuality... But when they are just "too gay" (and yes, there are some of those people), it really gets on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2395

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:42 am

Stephen Black wrote:
I don't have a problem with homosexuality... But when they are just "too gay" (and yes, there are some of those people), it really gets on my nerves.
Like, overly flamboyant?

NR03 Career wins: 15
Career championships: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: News Thread   Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:44 am

LIKE BAKER??