Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesWould anyone be interested in this? 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Would anyone be interested in this? FInzoqm

Would anyone be interested in this? SInIxxP

Would anyone be interested in this? 8ZYsMSX

Would anyone be interested in this? Q1ZNvzf

Would anyone be interested in this? YtoHmfG

Would anyone be interested in this?

Go down 
+2
bakes991
AuzGrams
6 posters

Are you interested in this?
Yes.
Would anyone be interested in this? I_vote_lcap56%Would anyone be interested in this? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
No.
Would anyone be interested in this? I_vote_lcap44%Would anyone be interested in this? I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Would anyone be interested in this? Empty
PostSubject: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 am

Alright, so I haven't really discussed it much at all to many people, but would anyone be interested in running a one off endurance race special? My plan is to run it sometime either in the fall or winter (with some help from other people obviously), and I am trying to make this into a pretty big event, not just some fun race, but a race where everyone gets up for and puts some effort into.

Right now I'm looking into using the PWF Trans-Am Mod although I haven't ruled out the TPTCC or the GTP Mod yet, and right now I think it would be cool to do a 3-4 Hour Endurance Race at Le Mans (Circuit de la Sarthe in France), basically I am planning on having a NR2003 Le Mans Race, I want to make it a race with a good bit of prestige, and hopefully a good field, and I will be giving out awards/prizes for top finishers, etc. I don't think I want to make it longer then 3-4 hours because we would have to do driver swaps, and that would be a pain. I am probably going to rent a server from NRT for a month since it isn't overly expensive for a month, and it wouldn't be a hassle to bug Caleb for a server. I'll go over more details if I forget about them in this post, but here's some of the details that isn't in a wall of text.

- PWF Trans-Am Mod (Not ruling out TPTCC, small chance of GTP)
- Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans 2006)
- 3-4 hour race
- There will be two different classes most likely.
- $25 for 1st, $15 for 2nd, $5 for 3rd (This is the prizes for each class, not just combined)
- $5 for pole in each class, a random $5 draw to the people who finished the race, as a incentive to not just quit
- Prizes would preferably be mailed via PayPal.
- Small trophies would be given to the winner in each class.

Let me know if you guys are interested in this, post some more feedback/info if you want.

Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Would there be an entry fee to help you out with the prizes?
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:08 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:29 pm

I think it would be a pretty fun event.

For 1 though, making it a big event would be cool but I would suggest keeping it closed-league and not going out and advertising to big places (RuRa, SRD, etc). This would be an invite to hackers and really shitty people that would ruin it.

JMO, but I think there should be the option to do a driver swap if a team wants to. If someone wants to run but isn't available to do the full 3 or 4 hours, that would allow them to switch and continue on. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Yeah, didn't really plan on advertising at SRD because we all know a lot of the noobs would ruin it. I wouldn't mind trying to bring like a few guys from APRS though as we know who they are and raced with them before.

I'm okay with the driver swap if drivers want to do it, but keep in mind they would be losing a bunch of time doing so, and more testing on it would be needed, and they would have to seperate the prize(s) themselves.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:56 am

Auz did you try that 2008 Le Mans track i linked you ????

and i would be interested in it, driver swaps would be a cool idea too, but for a 3-4 hour race IMO, i wouldn't mind running Road Atlanta, but Le Mans is cool too
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:06 am

Seems like alot of money for you to spend over something that 10 people might show up too.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:47 am

The money isn't a big deal at all for me, as long as it made it a respectable good event.

I wouldn't mind running Road Atlanta and making it a "Petit Le Mans" if people like Road Atlanta better, and yea I tried out that 2008 Le Mans, it only worked with PTA physics for whatever reason. I'm not totally sold on running PTA physics because you can blow gears a lot easier which can get really annoying in an endurance race.

I'm not a big fan of driver swaps because that's eliminating cars on track at one time, but if people HAVE to make a driver swap because of other obligations I'm not going to put a gun to their head saying they can't.

I would hope more than 10 people would more willing to run this, but then again I guess I wouldn't be surprised considering the lack of response/votes.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:22 am

If we only do one class for the race, here's the prizes.

$50 for 1st Place
$25 for 2nd Place
$10 for 3rd Place
$10 for Pole
$5 Random Draw
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:09 am

I'm kinda iffy, I know I can't run a road course anyways, so it kinda throws me off... Also I doubt I can find 3-4 hours to run, I mean, I don't have much of anything going on anyways, but sometimes my family does stuff so it's pretty iffy...

Obviously as an endurance race, anything can happen and someone unexpected could win... So it would be cool
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:52 am

we already did a shootout race in January for money on a short track, but if we don't get enough people to do an endurance race, i wouldn't mind doing another short track exhibition race but put that money up for it and do it on a short track we have never or barely ran. maybe the Virginia is For Racing Lovers 300 at Martinsville or SOUTHSIDE (if caleb ever gets the time to work on the track)
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:02 pm

money=big feild
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Jake Ace wrote:
money=big feild

Big field with drivers at Solstice, not with noobs at SRD/RuRa coming over here.

We aren't using the GTP mod at all either, probably just going to use TPTCC_GNS since we already have cars for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:47 pm

I personally wouldnt run a endurance race for 3 to 4 hours even though road racing is my strength. I have alot going on in my life in terms of friends, school, work,etc. It would be difficult to find 3-4 hours to run the race. Unless we have driver changes, Im out. I would prefer to see like a dirt track style race with Heats and A Mains and B Mains at a track like Orange County. It would take less time and be more fun IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:12 pm

the way you say it, it sounds like 4 hours is taking a huge chunk out of your life. some of our races can run over 2 hours anyway lol im sure 95% of people on here are on the computer more than 4 hours a day so i dont think that will be a problem. im all for it, ive always wanted to run an enduro race
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 pm

It's a special race, what good would the event be if it was the same normal length as a typical road course, a dirt track race would be just as long when you're doing a bunch of heat races and main's. If you don't have the time to race it, then don't, but most of the races usually take 2-2 1/2 hours anyway, and most people are usually around after the race as well. Caleb did a short track event earlier this year, so I'm not interested in doing it. I'm interested in doing an endurance race that requires skill, and consistency, and the ability not to tear up your equipment. I still want to run the event at Le Mans, but might do Road Atlanta if it's a better track.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:26 am

test the Road Atlanta on DEI by Tundra, its a lot better than the version we ran for ROC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in this?   Would anyone be interested in this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in this?
Page 1 of 1