Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesHomestead/V8s/ MACAU 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Homestead/V8s/ MACAU FInzoqm

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU SInIxxP

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU 8ZYsMSX

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Q1ZNvzf

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU YtoHmfG

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU

Go down 
+14
Jake_Ace
Matt_Emerson29
TheShermanator
lemonhead75
KAuto26
racemaxx31
BaltoRacing
AuzGrams
Chin
bakes991
Matt Patterson
mearsfan13
Caleb Paul
trbfan
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Empty
PostSubject: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:41 am

I couldnt let this thread get started without a mention of the greatest street race festival in the world. The Macau GP on the Guia Circuit in Macau.

The schedule for Macau includes:

in Central time:
Friday Night here:

6:15 PM-Macau F3 Qualifying
7:00-World Touring Car Championship Qualifying
7:45-Hotel Fortuna MAC / HKG Interport Race - 10 laps
8:55-Macau GT Cup - Qualifying
9:55-CTM Macau Touring Car Race - 12 laps
11:25-Formula 3 Macau Grand Prix - Qualification Race - 10 laps
12:55-Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix - 44th Edition - 15 laps
2:15-Formula BMW Pacific - Qualifying
3:15-Macau Road Sport Challenge - 10 laps

Saturday Night:

5:15 PM-Formula BMW Pacific - 10 laps
6:45-Macau Road Sport Challenge - 10 laps
8:05-Macau GT Cup - 10 laps
9:25-FIA WTCC - Guia Race of Macau -2 Races of 9 laps each with 15 minutes break between
1:30-Formula 3 Macau Grand Prix - 15 laps
2:30-Macau Road Sport Challenge - 10 laps

Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 am

Oh boy, time for the biggest crashfest race ever.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
mearsfan13
Go-Kart Racer
Go-Kart Racer

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 am

Track History
Homestead-Miami Vice Speedway is a world class automobile racing facility, hence it is the season-ending race of the Winston Cup Championship Trail. Built by Juan Montoya as a private test track for the donkey he hauls cocaine on, it sucked. He modeled it after Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but because he was poor and Mexican, he couldn't make it 2.5 miles long. Everyone knows that if you build a 1.5 mile speedway, you need progressive banking. In fact, you need it everywhere.

Derrike Cope confirmed this finding when he use the wind currents to wind his car up and win an exhibition Nationwind race on the old layout.

So NASCAR occupied Homestead-Miami Vice in the late 90s, and in 2002, Fidel Castroneves finally relinquished the track to J.C. France.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU 4nvxU
Fidel Castroneves

Immediately after the 2002 race, the France family invented and installed progressive banking with help from Bank of America, the Official Banking of NASCAR.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU 800px-Homestead-Miami_Speedway_track_map--Main_Road_Course.svg
15 corners and they all have at least 55° of progressive banking. This means the track has 825° of banking.

Since adding progressive banking, the racing has been both more exciting and safer. This is evident in that "Front Lawn" John Nemechek died when the track was flat. Progressive banking is the second best safety innovation in NASCAR behind Ethanol.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU 220px-Official_portrait_of_Barack_Obama
Barack Obama is called a "progressive" because he had to deal with a banking crisis, just like the banking crisis NASCAR had at Homestead-Miami Vice when it was flat.

Headlines
C.J. Mearsgang has signed a long-term, 400-mile deal with Hard Rock Vodka. As a top young talent in NASCAR, this could be his first big break, as German-Pensacola Racing will field two full-time, fully-funded Hendricks Chevrolets for him and teammate Tobb Dobine in 2012.

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get the fuck away from Brian Vickers! hahahahahha Brian Vickers.

Speaking of Vickers, his blood colts are like 0-9 in the varsity football or something.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Widget_bImbtQ1DzkMyu3WvLAtCos
Landing "Matt" Castle helped defeat the blood colts a few weeks ago. He should be suspensed and imprinted with Rick Hendricks and Roger Penske, because now Vickers is back on track, and crashing into things.

Lord Winston Kelley's Cup will be given out to the champion. Drivers on the ballot for this year's Cup include:

Jamie McDonald's, for a wonderful defensing of his Cup, probably the best yet.

Trevor Brain, for overcoming AIDS to win the Nationwind championship, destroying teammate Steny Brickhouse in the process.

Earl "Slick Mist" Parsons, for avenging Kyle Bush's murder of his father Benny by adding to Benny's win total of 105 with all his dirt track wins to prevent Bush from ever passing his record.

Steve Park, for integrity and commitment to getting his third grade diploma.

C.J. Mearsgang, for cuing the Gluck and answering his Aflac triva questions with "Yeah, but. Yeah, but. Yeah, but."

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU CaseyMears-Shirtless
C.J. Mearsgang with the Cup for a promotional photo.

Travis Kvpail, for winning the 2003 Crafting World title.

Kurt Bush, for embracing the "have at it, boys" policy and having at it with Jenna Fryer and Steve Addington.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Labontebobby02t
The champion will drive car #1 next year.

Ineligible drivers for the Cup:

Geoff Bodine, who won in 1994 and took it to Chemung for his ceremonial day with the Cup and returned it full of brother Tobb's sweat, disqualifying him from ever winning again as a violation of Section 12-4-B: Disrespecting the Cup.

Dale Jarrett, because the Cup is not awarded posthumously, as that would mean less media publicity for NASCAR to not have the champion's day with the Cup in his hometown.

Past Races
1999-2002: removed from NASCAR history because the track was flat
2003: Robert Allen Stavolabonte made a bold maneuver to pass Bill Elliott, who deflated his tires when Geoff Bodine had to hook his oxygen mask up to them.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Rsz_rs19990_martyreid1-scr-1260997151
Tires are filled with oxygen. For more, here's Tim Brewer.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU A0369-Tim-Brewer_leader
Homestead-Miami Vice used to be flat like this here Earth behind me was til Dale Earhart flew a plane around the world and made it round like a tire.

2004: Jeg Biffle, who learned to see the air from his experience with wind turbines in Nationwind.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Tony_montana_Jeggings_leggings_tights_leggings_tights
Jeg Biffle invented jeggings.

2005: Jeg Biffle, who broke the 131 mph barrier.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Jeg_Coughlin_Jr.5._290x200
Jeg had a real fast Cobalt that day to go 131 mph.

2006: Juantoya.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Montoya.384
Juantoya celebrates with a victory burnout. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

2007: Travis Kvapil. This was the fastest race ever run at Homestead-Miami Vice, so it was the best.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Wolf_370x278
Everything you need to know about Wisconsin.

2008: Brett Rowe. The race was rigged so a Ford would win.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Mike-rowe-ford-ta-da
Brett Rowe is famous for being a Ford spokesman outside of the racecar.

2009: Willy T. Gibbs, filling in for Denny Hamlin who was suspensed for a violation of the white line rule at Talladega.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU MhGac
Willy T. Gibbs replaced Denny Hamlin.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU 4I7xB8MFs4Q1y
Talking Heads based the video for "Burning Down the House" on this incident.

2010: Brett Rowe was given another win after the 2009 race brought NASCAR into disrepute. Everyone loves Brett Rowe.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Dirty-jobs-mike-rowe-dirty-1-625x450
Brett Rowe reenacting Willy T. Gibbs' victory lane celebrations.

Past Recipients of Lord Winston Kelley's Cup
Bobby.

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU LBros
Terry wants the Cup.
Back to top Go down
Matt Patterson
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Matt Patterson

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:40 am

i hope you worked hard on that post, because nobody is going to read it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000430
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:49 am

Matt Patterson wrote:

I read it. Problem?
Back to top Go down
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager
Chin

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 am

bakes991 wrote:
Matt Patterson wrote:

I read it. Problem?
Same.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:49 am

bakes991 wrote:
Matt Patterson wrote:

I read it. Problem?

I thought it was actually funny.
Back to top Go down
Matt Patterson
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Matt Patterson

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 am

it's just sort of annoying, we should like have a thread for these joke fictional stories
Back to top Go down
BaltoRacing
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
BaltoRacing

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Matt Patterson wrote:
it's just sort of annoying, we should like have a thread for these joke fictional stories

Anything he posts is annoying lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gadgefan48?feature=mhum
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Matt Patterson wrote:

Just like anything other than bitching would be out of character for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:40 pm

If hes bugging you guys you can go to your profile and set him to ignore. I personally think the stories are usual funny.
Back to top Go down
KAuto26
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
KAuto26

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm glad Fidel Castroneves' reign of terror is over. Now hard working Mexicans like JR Fitzpatrick are free to follow their dreams in NASCAR.
Back to top Go down
Matt Patterson
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Matt Patterson

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:17 pm

racemaxx31 wrote:
Matt Patterson wrote:

Just like anything other than bitching would be out of character for yourself.
(sorry any response to this would classify me as "starting shit" so i'll keep my mouth shut)
Back to top Go down
KAuto26
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
KAuto26

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 pm

So I heard Midol works on vagina pain
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Between KAuto26 and mearsfan13, they have made 0 posts containing relevant information. It's pretty fucking annoying. There isn't any reason they couldn't spam any other place.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:23 pm

I only recall them spamming once or twice. Like I said before, if they are bothering you so much you can put them under the ignore list in your profile.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:34 pm

They are taking down the bridges at the V8 Supercar track:

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Truck
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:25 am

NASCARGearHead wrote:
If hes bugging you guys you can go to your profile and set him to ignore
I did this as soon as I realized nothing was going to be done about it.

Simples. Wink
Back to top Go down
mearsfan13
Go-Kart Racer
Go-Kart Racer

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 am

lemonhead75 wrote:
Between KAuto26 and mearsfan13, they have made 0 posts containing relevant information. It's pretty fucking annoying. There isn't any reason they couldn't spam any other place.

There actually is a reason we can't spam any other place. We're banned everywhere else. U butthurt?

Anywhere he's some relevant info for you.

Cowboys and NASCAR UPDATE 2: The NFL Dallas Cowboys are negotiating to have two cars bearing their colors and logo race in next April's Direct TV 500 at the Texas Motor Speedway, owner Jerry Jones said Thursday. The two Winston Cup cars - one predominantly silver and the other predominantly blue - would compete in the April 2 race. The Cowboys also want a car with their colors to compete in the Texas 300, a Busch Series race, on April 1. Jones would not divulge the names of the drivers the Cowboys have targeted, but spokesmen for Bobby Labonte and Rusty Wallace's primary sponsor say they have had preliminary discussions with the Cowboys. For example, the Cowboys wouldn't use Earnhardt because he has an endorsement deal with Coke. Jones has ties with Pepsi(Dallas Morning News) NOTE: that should rule out Labonte also as he has an endorsement deal with Coke also(10-1-1999) -- UPDATE: readers tell me that the latest issue of Beckett has this on pg 84: "And in the spring, at least one driver from the Winston Cup, Busch and NHRA circuits will drive in the blue-and-silver scheme of the Dallas Cowboys, one of the most popular NFL teams among collectors. The paint jobs will be used at races in Texas, with some big time names such as Bobby Labonte and nine-time NHRA champion John Force involved"(Beckett Magazine)(1-9-2000) -- UPDATE 2: NFL Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones' plan of having two Cup cars with the Cowboys' colors and logos driven in April's Direct TV 500 is on hold while NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue reviews the situation. Tagliabue wants the league to make sure the cross-sport association is well thought out. Jones said he thinks any reservations by Tagliabue will be eased before the race. If the idea is approved, the two Winston Cup cars - one predominantly silver and the other predominantly blue - would compete in the race April 2. The Cowboys also want a car with their colors to compete in the Texas 300, a BGN race, on April 1. The schmes would only be used once. The Cowboys are negotiating with Action Performance, Co., which has licensing agreements with more than 300 drivers, owners and sponsors. Action Performance specializes in selling, distributing and licensing goods such as caps, T-shirts and car replicas. Negotiations are serious enough that the Cowboys already have mock drawings of the cars and their paint schemes(Condensed from the Dallas Morning News)(2-22-2000)

#18 News? UPDATE 2: hearing that former NASCAR Tim Sullivan has been hired to serve as PR rep for Bobby Labonte's #18 Interstate Batteries Pontiac team(1-28-2000) -- UPDATE: sources tell me that Camp & Associates, Inc. have hired Tim Sullivan to handle the public relations for Bobby Labonte and the #18 Interstate Batteries Racing Team. The former public relations representative for the #18 car, Jimmy White, is still with Camp & Associates, Inc. and has been promoted(1-29-2000) -- UPDATE 2: Tim Sullivan, former manager of communications for the NASCAR Winston Cup Series, will be joining Camp & Associates, Inc., it was announced. Sullivan will serve as manager of communications/media relations for Camp and will maintain direct supervision of the Interstate Batteries Racing/Bobby Labonte/ Joe Gibbs Racing accounts. In addition, Camp also announced the hiring of Meredith Busby, formerly a member of the public relations staff of Talladega Superspeedway. A graduate of Jacksonville State University, Busby will be directly involved in account work for the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and the Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind(RaceWire)(2-2-2000)

Cowboys and NASCAR UPDATE: The NFL Dallas Cowboys are negotiating to have two cars bearing their colors and logo race in next April's Direct TV 500 at the Texas Motor Speedway, owner Jerry Jones said Thursday. The two Winston Cup cars - one predominantly silver and the other predominantly blue - would compete in the April 2 race. The Cowboys also want a car with their colors to compete in the Texas 300, a Busch Series race, on April 1. Jones would not divulge the names of the drivers the Cowboys have targeted, but spokesmen for Bobby Labonte and Rusty Wallace's primary sponsor say they have had preliminary discussions with the Cowboys. For example, the Cowboys wouldn't use Earnhardt because he has an endorsement deal with Coke. Jones has ties with Pepsi(Dallas Morning News) NOTE: that should rule out Labonte also as he has an endorsement deal with Coke also(10-1-1999) -- UPDATE: readers tell me that the latest issue of Beckett has this on pg 84: "And in the spring, at least one driver from the Winston Cup, Busch and NHRA circuits will drive in the blue-and-silver scheme of the Dallas Cowboys, one of the most popular NFL teams among collectors. The paint jobs will be used at races in Texas, with some big time names such as Bobby Labonte and nine-time NHRA champion John Force involved"(Beckett Magazine)(1-9-2000)

AND...Announcement UPDATE: Details of a one-of-a-kind partnership involving NASCAR Winston Cup Series stars Bobby Labonte, Rusty Wallace and Mark Martin will be announced at a press conference on Friday, December 17 at 2pm/et.....plus the newest NASCAR Winston Cup Series primary team sponsor will be introduced, the car will be unveiled and you'll find out what team the sponsor is backing and who will drive the car(#27 team?)(12-16-1999) -- UPDATE: Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace and Bobby Labonte will participate throughout the upcoming racing season as part of a Men's Health Tune-Up for LifeT program that is created to help educate men and their partners about common medical conditions. As part of the Men's Health Tune-Up for Life program, Pfizer will conduct on location health screenings for men prior to most Winston Cup races. The Men's Health Tune-Up for Life Trailer, a specially equipped mobile unit, will be at every racing event using questionaire or simple medical tests to screen for common medical conditions such as high cholesterol, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), depression, hypertension and erectile dysfunction. Educational materials on common health conditions will also be available. The Men's Health Tune-Up for Life Trailer has the capacity to screen more than 35,000 men during the upcoming racing season(Keystone Marketing)(12-17-1999)

Labonte blows engine in practice: #18-Bobby Labonte blew an engine in Happy Hour practice but the team says it was not his race engine(The State)(11-21-1999)

Stewart/Labonte UPDATE the Make Up: been getting many questions/comments on this - during the Homestead race, when Tony Stewart re-entered the track and bumped his teammate Bobby Labonte: Labonte howled into his headset, "Tell that little [expletive] that he'd BETTER go to work for Ray Evernham before I get to him." Heat of battle, and all that. The reference was to rumors that Stewart is being courted by Evernham's planned Dodge team in 2001. (Team representatives say, however, that Stewart's contract with owner Joe Gibbs runs through 2001 and that the two are working on an extension through 2004.)(Racer Magazine) and also noted on the CNN/SI(11-16-1999) -- UPDATE: Tony Stewart has had more on his mind in the past couple of days than just his third NASCAR Winston Cup win. First up was how that victory, in Sunday's race at Homestead. Stewart bumped Bobby Labonte, his teammate at Joe Gibbs Racing, out of the way for the lead with 18 laps remaining. That could've easily led to some tension on the team, and Labonte was clearly upset following the race. Stewart called his teammate on Monday to talk things over. He wanted Labonte to know that Stewart had made a mistake and that it wasn't anything intentional. The Gibbs team met Tuesday to clear the air. Labonte just signed a five-year deal with Gibbs. Stewart is signed through 2001, but Gibbs knows that, with Dodge coming into the sport that year, there will be plenty of pulls on his record-setting rookie. So he is trying to extend the contract through 2004 right now. Or maybe even longer(News and Observer) AND Tony Stewart says he soothed teammate Bobby Labonte's feelings in a talk that they had after their bumping incident Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway. It was the first time this season that Labonte, second in the season standings, and Stewart, fourth in the standings, had had an on-track incident. Car owner Joe Gibbs spent about 30 minutes after the race talking to Labonte and his crew chief about the race and the incident. Gibbs also planned to talk to Stewart. Labonte and Stewart later talked(The Depot/News and Record)(11-17-1999)

Gibbs Quits Funny Car: The entire Joe Gibbs(who owns the NASCAR teams of Bobby Labonte and Tony Stewart)-owned Interstate Batteries Funny Car crew has been notified that the team will cease to exist at the end of the 1999 season. Crew chief Wes Cerny told all crew personal and driver Tommy Johnson Jr. that the team will be dissolved at the conclusion of the NHRA Finals in Pomona. Insiders also speculated that the sudden move may be related to the funding of the Interstate Batteries-sponsored NASCAR entry but Interstate personnel on hand offered no comment. The MBNA Dragster team will continue into next season as planned with Cerny moving over to crew chief the operation. Cerny will be bringing his mechanics from the Funny Car half of the Gibbs' operation and will retain only Mike Neff from the current Top Fuel team(NHRA Site)(10-27-1999)

Pit Crews UPDATE 2 Winner and TV: haven't heard much about it but the Pit Crew Competition(the unsung heroes of the sport) is supposed to be held at North Carolina Speedway this Saturday after 2nd round qualifying is over, approximately 11am/et. TNN usually shows it a few weeks later(10-19-1999) -- UPDATE: The 1999 Union 76/Rockingham World Pit Crew Competition, which began in 1967, takes place Saturday, October 23 at 11:00am/et. This event is the only pit crew competition sanctioned by NASCAR. Entries are open to any NASCAR Winston Cup team. In 1998, the #31 Lowe's Chevrolet driven by Mike Skinner took home the championship trophy and the title of being 'the best in the world' with a timed pit stop of 20.322 seconds. Team manager David Smith coordinates the practice of the team pit stops and oversees the key team members that compete for this coveted honor(NCS Site) TNN will tape the NASCAR Winston Cup Pit Crew Competition this Saturday in Rockingham. The show will telecast at the following times: Sunday, Nov. 28 (5:00-6:00pm et/pt) and Sunday, Dec. 5 (5:00-6:00pm, et/pt)(10-20-1999) -- UPDATE 2: The #18 Joe Gibbs Team won the 33rd annual Union 76 Rockingham World Championship Pit Crew Competition Saturday. They broke the #24's record of 19.363 with a 19.166. The winning crew members, in addition to Makar (who no longer goes over the wall), were: Jeff Chandler, front changer; Todd Meredith, front carrier; Barry Cook, rear changer; Scott Hewitt, rear carrier; Jason Lee, jackman; Peter Jellen, gas man; and Derek Jones, catch can. See full story at the Racer Magazine site(10-23-1999)

Labonte Signs Longterm: Bobby Labonte, driver of the #18 Interstate Batteries Pontiac, yesterday said he's just signed a five-year contract to drive for car owner Joe Gibbs. Labonte said that crew chief Jimmy Makar and Mark Cronquist, the chief engine man, also signed five-year contracts with Gibbs(PitNow)(10-8-1999)

Labonte and the Marines? hearing Bobby Labonte has a USMC insignia post somewhere on the car but haven't seen it and also hear the #18 will have special paint job at Homestead, no more info on that(10-7-1999)

Gibbs Assoc: Joe Gibbs Racing announced that it would bring International Home Foods on board as an official sponsor for the cars of Bobby Labonte(#18) and Tony Stewart(#20) for the 2000 NASCAR Winston Cup season. IHF, manufacturer of such products as Chef Boyardee, Crunch n' Munch and Gulden's mustard, will feature its logo on the cars, as well as provide at-track hospitality on race weekends(Racer Magazine)(10-3-1999)

Cowboys and NASCAR: The NFL Dallas Cowboys are negotiating to have two cars bearing their colors and logo race in next April's Direct TV 500 at the Texas Motor Speedway, owner Jerry Jones said Thursday. The two Winston Cup cars - one predominantly silver and the other predominantly blue - would compete in the April 2 race. The Cowboys also want a car with their colors to compete in the Texas 300, a Busch Series race, on April 1. Jones would not divulge the names of the drivers the Cowboys have targeted, but spokesmen for Bobby Labonte and Rusty Wallace's primary sponsor say they have had preliminary discussions with the Cowboys. For example, the Cowboys wouldn't use Earnhardt because he has an endorsement deal with Coke. Jones has ties with Pepsi(Dallas Morning News) NOTE: that should rule out Labonte also as he has an endorsement deal with Coke also(10-1-1999)

Pontiacs: Tony Stewart and Bobby Labonte, finished 1 and 2, giving Pontiac its first 1-2 sweep since Rusty Wallace finished first and Kyle Petty second at North Wilkesboro in April 1993(SpeedNet)(9-13-1999)

Labonte Moves Up...a little: NASCAR officials reviewed Saturday night’s Goody’s 500 at Bristol and agreed that Bobby Labonte had been slighted two laps in the final standings. Labonte and owner Joe Gibbs had complained the team’s laps were miscalculated after Labonte suffered transmission problems on Lap 490, but managed to stay out on the race track. Originally, his run was officially ended on Lap 491 but now he is listed as completing 493. Labonte improved one position to 26th and picked up $10 in winnings and three points in the championship race(Times-Dispatch)(8-31-1999)

First DNF for #18? #18-Bobby Labonte is listed on the Goody's 500 results as having an DNF(Did Not Finish) with transmission problems, this would be his first DNF of the season, leaving just #98-Rick Mast as the only driver/team who does not have a DNF and has made all 23 races. But from the Times-Dispatch: NASCAR was reviewing Bobby Labonte’s final position in the Goody’s 500. After the race, official scorers turned over Labonte’s card to be reviewed. Labonte lost his transmission on Lap 490 but did not pit. As he stayed on the track apron, his car blowing smoke and his view obscured, the race’s final caution came out. Labonte was black-flagged, but he did not enter the pits immediately. He was listed as finishing 27th, with 491 laps completed. His team was arguing whether the driver should have been penalized that number of laps(8-30-1999)

Nike in Cup? UPDATE 2: From That's Racin' - Nike, the giant athletic shoe and apparel company has a news conference scheduled for 9:15am Thursday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the site for Saturday's Brickyard 400. The release about the news conferences promises the announcement of "an innovative performance based concept" involving "three 'top 5' Winston Cup teams and more(8-3-1999) -- UPDATE: I hear the drivers involved will be Dale Jarrett, Tony Stewart, and Bobby Labonte -- UPDATE 2: From NOL - Nike will launch a line of shoes for race fans at the 2000 Daytona 500. In the meantime, Cup drivers Dale Jarrett, Tony Stewart and Bobby Labonte and BGN driver Adam Petty, as well as their crews, will wear a hi-tech, $200-plus version(8-5-1999)

Pocono Double: Bobby Labonte is the 4th driver to win both Pocono events in the same season, last time it was done was 1986 when Tim Richmond did it. Bill Elliott in 1985 and Allison in 1982(7-25-1999)

Pontiac: Bobby Labonte's win in the Pocono 500 was Pontiacs first since Kyle Petty in 1993(6-20-1999)

Noticed: The MBNA logo is featured on the hood of the #18 Interstate Batteriess Pontiac this week at Dover. MBNA is the title sponsor and is based in Delaware(6-5-1999)

Gibbs/BGN?? UPDATE 3: On RPM2Nite, John Kernan interviewed Sprint Car star Jason Leffler. It was mentioned that Leffler has an offer from Joe Gibbs, it wasn't really announced but more implied that it would be a BGN ride(5-20-1999) -- UPDATE 1: I hear that WRTV Channel 13 in Indy reported that Jason Leffler will be named to drive a Busch Series car owned by Joe Gibbs(5-21-1999) -- UPDATE 2: Jason Lefler, a promising young open-wheel racing star, is under consideration by car owner Joe Gibbs to run the Busch tour next season, according to sources close to the situation(PitNow)(5-24-1999) -- UPDATE 3: Current USAC sprint car driver Jason Leffler will be given his chance to prove his stock car abilities by car owner Joe Gibbs. Gibbs has told Speedway Scene that Leffler will be put behind the wheel of the #18 MBNA BGN Pontiac this season to replace Bobby Labonte, who announced last month that he would not be entering any more BGN events in 1999. If Leffler finds the stock cars to his liking, Gibbs plan is to have the youngster in the car for the full schedule in 2000 and take it from there(Phil Furr/Speedway Scene)(5-26-1999)

200th: Bobby Labonte will make 200th consecutive Cup start at the Coca-Cola 600(NOL)(5-26-1999)

Gibbs/BGN?? UPDATE 2: On RPM2Nite, John Kernan interviewed Sprint Car star Jason Leffler. It was mentioned that Leffler has an offer from Joe Gibbs, it wasn't really announced but more implied that it would be a BGN ride(5-20-1999) -- UPDATE 1: I hear that WRTV Channel 13 in Indy reported that Jason Leffler will be named to drive a Busch Series car owned by Joe Gibbs(5-21-1999) -- UPDATE 2: Jason Lefler, a promising young open-wheel racing star, is under consideration by car owner Joe Gibbs to run the Busch tour next season, according to sources close to the situation(PitNow)(5-24-1999)

Gibbs 3rd Team: Joe Gibbs is considering a third Winston Cup team next season, according to sources close to the situation, with MBNA as sponsor. The bankcard company has been sponsoring Gibbs' Busch team(PitNow), Jayski Note: rumors were flying on a few message bords a few weeks ago about Terry Labonte going to a third Gibbs team, but Labonte is signed with Hendrick and Kelloggs thru 2000(5-17-1999)

Labonte/BGN: Bobby Labonte will not drive in any more BGN races during the 1999 and has withdrawn as the driver of the #18 MBNA Pontiac. It is still undecided whether they Joe Gibbs will find a replacement driver for races later this year, and the JGR MBNA Pontiac was withdrawn from the California BGN entry list(bobbylabontefans.com) From what I hear is that Labonte does not wish to risk injury while running for the Cup championship.(4-30-1999)

Milestones: Mark Martin is expected to make his 400th career Cup start and Bobby Labonte is expected to make his 200th career Cup start at California(RaceWire lot of good info here)(4-28-1999)

CORRECTION: a few weeks ago, a reader asked me why Matt Kenseth didn't replace Bobby Labonte at Darlington during the Red Flag instead of wasting time during a Yellow Flag. I responded with the same answer as Benny Parsons had said on RPM2Nite the following Monday. That during a red flag stop, all work stops during a red flag and that includes replacing a driver. But last night on RPM2Nite(4/5), Benny said that he was approached by a NASCAR official at the Evergreen Speedway while out there for the CTS race and was told, a team could switch drivers, but would have to go to the back of the field(4-6-1999)

Three Left: Only three drivers have finished all 1,002 Winston Cup laps held at Texas Motor Speedway. The drivers are also the top three finishers in Sunday's race: Terry Labonte, Dale Jarrett and Bobby Labonte(Dallas Morning News Notes)(3-29-1999)

Leader: Bobby Labonte is the only driver to lead a lap in every Cup race in 1999(CBS Race)(3-28-1999)

Labonte/Kenseth UPDATE: It appears likely that Matt Kenseth will once again relive Bobby Labonte at or before the first caution in the upcoming race at Texas. Labonte continues to recover but it is unlikely that he will be able to drive the entire race. The Winston Cup teams have a week off after Texas and Labonte expects to be ready to return to full driving duties after that(Speedwords)(3-24-1999) -- UPDATE: Bobby Labonte, who broke the tip of his right shoulder blade in a crash Friday at Darlington, says he will decide later this week whether he needs relief driving help again this weekend at Texas(ESPN) and a little scary stuff I had not heard before: "Last Friday morning at Darlington Speedway, Bob Labonte took a frantic ambulance ride with his son, Bobby, who had just broken his shoulder blade in a crash. "Bobby suffers from asthma and was having trouble breathing," his father said yesterday during a visit to Nashville Speedway. "At one point his blood pressure dropped drastically. I was scared to death."(The Tennessean/Thanks Tina and Gordonline for the heads up)(3-25-1999) -- UPDATE: see Panthers help heal Winston Cup driver for more info on Labontes condition(3-26-1999)

More Kennseth: Kenseth will run Sunday if Bobby Labonte can start the car, Jack Roush said. Roush has a five-race Winston Cup deal with Kenseth for this season, and a sixth start would take Kenseth out of a 2000 bid for rookie of the year(PitNow)(3-20-1999)

Bobby Labonte Injured UPDATE: Bobby Labonte's #18 BGN MBNA Pontiac hit the wall during practice at Darlington Raceway Friday. Labonte was taken to a local hospital for treatment, but no information on his condition was available. UPDATE: Labonte hit a patch of oil on the track and hit the back stretch wall. Labonte was taken to the infield care center and diagnosed with a broken left shoulder blade. He was transported to a local hospital in Florence, SC, for further treatment. Labonte was unable to return in time for Friday's first Winston Cup practice session. BGN driver Matt Kenseth drove Labonte's car in the practice session, but no announcement has been made regarding a possible replacement for Sunday's race. The extent of Labonte's injury and how long he may be out of his car remain unknown(That's Racin'), NOL has a story too, calls it a lower right tip scapula fracture, see article: Labonte injured in morning practice. His BGN entry has been withdrawn and Kenseth will qualify the Cup #18 today during Bud Pole Qualifying. Some positive news from an AP story: Labonte injury was at the tip of the scapula and he was initially in pain but later joked with nurses at the hospital(WRAL/AP)(3-19-1999)

Texas Testing UPDATE: Bill Elliott and Bobby Labonte tested at Texas Motor Speedway on Tuesday, no speeds(WC Today Radio)(3-9-1999) -- Labonte was testing the #18 MBNA BGN Pontiac and Elliott was testing his #94 McDonald's Ford(NASCAR Online) and for more info see the Texas Motor Speedway Site and go to the news and info section(3-11-1999)

Vegas Testing: Bobby Labonte(#18), Tony Stewart(#20), Sterling Marlin(#40), Joe Nemechek(#40) and Kenny Wallace(#55) tested at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last week. Nemechek posted the fastest unofficial lap speed of 166.02 mph in his BellSouth Chevrolet while Stewart was second fastest at 165.73 mph in The Home Depot Pontiac. The top qualifying speed for last year's inaugural Las Vegas 400 was 168.224 mph, set by pole sitter Dale Jarrett(Concord Monitor)(1-19-1999)

Gumout to Gibbs: Pennzoil-Quaker State Company -- maker of Gumout® brand automotive chemicals -- announced today that Gumout has struck a significant associate sponsorship agreement with Joe Gibbs Racing. In a move that will broaden Gumout's reach to a variety of motorsports audiences, the brand will adorn all of Gibbs' NASCAR and NHRA race cars beginning in 1999(Pennzoil PR)(1-18-1999)

Gibbs to the NFL? Former Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs, who also owns two Cup teams and NHRA teams, has joined Phoenix businessman Sam Grossman's bid for the Washington Redskins and their stadium, agreeing to take an ownership stake and supervisory position if Grossman is successful in acquiring the club. Grossman, a shopping center developer, reportedly will allow Gibbs to continue operating his NASCAR racing team and his motivational speaking, his two major pursuits since resigning as Redskins coach in 1993. The Washington Post said Grossman would want Gibbs to be in charge of football operations, setting long-term strategy for the club, having a voice in coaching and player personnel decisions as well as operation of the franchise's Jack Kent Cooke Stadium(The Washington Post), also a story at RaceWire(12-10-98)
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:41 am

lemonhead75 wrote:

Has it ever occured to you that the number of forums they are banned from is still significantly less than te amount of times you have "quit" and come back? Te difference is that they are funny, while you primarily takes up bandwidth on both Teamspeak and the website.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 am

Thats enough from the both of ya between him. Let it go and move on with the weekend.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:23 am

KAuto26 wrote:
So I heard Midol works on vagina pain

Does it aid in sand removal.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:27 am

KAuto26 wrote:
I'm glad Fidel Castroneves' reign of terror is over. Now hard working Mexicans like JR Fitzpatrick are free to follow their dreams in NASCAR.

Did you ever get your internet fixed so you could race or did Michael Annett slam into the telephone poles again?
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:47 am

Andy Lally has apparently been fired from TRG, Mike Bliss will drive the 71 while TJ Bell appears to be in the 32 car.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:39 am

wednesday and already 2 full pages of disscussion, problem?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homestead/V8s/ MACAU   Homestead/V8s/ MACAU Empty

Back to top Go down

Homestead/V8s/ MACAU
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next