Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesPerformance Ratings 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Performance Ratings FInzoqm

Performance Ratings SInIxxP

Performance Ratings 8ZYsMSX

Performance Ratings Q1ZNvzf

Performance Ratings YtoHmfG

Performance Ratings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Performance Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Performance Ratings   Performance Ratings EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:13 am

I'd like to draw attentio to the fact that it is nearly the midway point of the season, and there have been some huge disappointments and surprises which don't neccesarily get noticed as much as they should. I'll start with the disappointments;

AJ Allmendinger has 1 top 10 finish in 15 races in top notch Penske equipment. As much as I like Allmendinger, that is simply inexcusable and there is literally no way he will be back in the 22 next year.

BK Racing has a total average finish of 28.9 in former Red Bull Racing equipment. While Landon Cassill routinely qualifies about 12 spots better than Kvapil, Kvapil has an average finish 2 better than him. Still, I had expected more than 5 top 20 finishes for them. Cassill has collected 3 of them, Kvapil has gotten the other 2.

Dave Blaney has run about the same as he ran last year with a few more DNF's. He is last in points of the drivers who have competed in all races, way back in 33rd.

Jeff Gordon is stuck back in 20th place in points with only 4 top 10 finishes. A lot of things have caused them to be where they are now, and I'm not sure they have time to fix them and make the chase.

Most Impressive;

Michael Waltrip Racing is hands down the most improved team this season. Bowyer and Truex are both in the top 10 in points and Martin has done a fantastic job in the #55, earing 3 poles and 5 top 10 finishes in just 12 races.

Dale Earnhardt Jr has been running strong all season. He has been consistently one of the fastest drivers in the Series and will definitely be a championship contender this season.

Paul Menard has had a quiet but strong season and is currently 14th in points with 4 top 10 finishes. If he continues to be strong throughout the summer, he could possibly earn a spot in the Chase.

Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Performance Ratings   Performance Ratings EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 am

Biggest disappointment is EGR, run like total shit last season, expect them to at least pick it up a little bit, and still performing terribly.

Jeff Burton has been disappointing as well, probably in his last leg or two with RCR before Austin Dillon hops in the ride in 2014.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Performance Ratings   Performance Ratings EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 am

If Austin somehow wins the Nationwide championship, he will no doubt go in a cup car in 2013 imo.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Performance Ratings   Performance Ratings EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on the BK Racing situation.

They pulled that team together in literally 2-3 weeks, had to restart on everything pretty much. LC is a good driver and Kvapil is not the greatest... But when it was Red Bull, they had Kenny Francis (top cc behind Knaus arguably) and Whateverhisfirstnameis Pemberton as their crew chiefs, who are top of the line crew chiefs. They have (I think) Doug Richert, who is solid, but hasn't been with a top team in a while I don't think, and some other crew chief that I cannot name.

Cassill said by May or June, they'd really start to pick up, the first 10-15 race would be a struggle for them, and he picked up a strong 18th at Charlotte, had some issues at Dover, but have been solid for much of the season. They have good equipment, but it's still a new team with crew and drivers.

I don't think it's been a disappointing season for them, as it is a learning season and they are getting better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance Ratings   Performance Ratings Empty

Back to top Go down

Performance Ratings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solstice Racing :: Sports :: Racing-
Jump to: