Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesRandom Discussion Thread V - Page 34 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 FInzoqm

Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 SInIxxP

Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 8ZYsMSX

Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 Q1ZNvzf

Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 YtoHmfG

Random Discussion Thread V

Go down 
+35
Sebastian Vettel
D7H5
Mark3453
BaltoRacing
NascarManiaco99
WWEFan14
djman14
Lambert
die996
blackfender2314
Wobble
Jordan Robson
hatebreeder67
kensethfan
Jason Hamilton
Buckeye24
Nascarfan13
lonewolf2864
Matt_Emerson29
Chin
racer612008
Keiichi Nakamura
AuzGrams
bakes991
bmxrcodol04
Jake_Ace
Caleb Paul
Bubba025
Dan Mackay
lemonhead75
TheShermanator
trbfan
racemaxx31
Doc
Shawn_82
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver
Doc

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Happy Spend Alot of Money For Nothing Day!

I fucking hate it.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 404524_158211554330270_218059163_n
Back to top Go down
Keiichi Nakamura
Pedobear
Pedobear
Keiichi Nakamura

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:12 am

At least you're not Japanese where you are supposed to give chocolates to every girl you know (complimentary or confessional, girls just need chocolate on this day apparently) and you get bitched at by your sisters if the fucking DHL man was late for their chocolate..
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:53 am

Live asteroid stream:
http://www.ustream.tv/nasajpl2

It will be live on NASA Channel in 7 minutes.
Back to top Go down
MW90
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
MW90

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 am

4 WIDE FENCE PARTY!!!

Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 8217817
Back to top Go down
Dan Mackay
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
Dan Mackay

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:32 am

still 10 dolla short on the server, gogo
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:36 am

Thy deed is done.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:40 pm

How do I social correctly?
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 pm

People should get on TS.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 am

Not sure if anyone cares about monster trucks, but here's a photo gallery by me from the monster truck show I shot last month for... check it out

http://www.westcoastmtphoto.com/MonsterTrucks/2013ASMTTWestValleyCity/28087002_3HphPJ#!i=2372980736&k=BK9zzsp
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Hmm. Cops get called to scene of possible robbery, take an hour to get there probably stuffing down food. They get to the scene and end up assaulting the victim of the incident, force him down and pretty much terrorizing the guy until he says what they wanted him to say. What a joke. I am so sick of Cops taking advantage of the laws THEY help create and "protect"!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIGIcg27-0g

In my area I see Cops running redlights blatantly, speeding EVERY where they go. Running stop signs, cutting people off, a Cop here just recently got busted for drug use! It is pathetic that they are "above" the law and there is NOTHING we can do about it. If we should have to obey the laws than so should they and they sure as hell should have no right to verbally or physically abuse citizens. I'm sick of it. I'm sure if we made a thread of Police Bullshit we'd have 100 videos posted in one day.

BTW, I am not some thug Cop hater. At one point in my life I wanted to be a Cop! But not after seeing this kind of shit over the last few years.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 am

It's unfortunate that the ones that do take advantage of the power overshadow the cops that are actually good and law abiding. Thus giving all cops a bad name.

The ones who do take advantage of them, though, should be punished. The speeding portion (as long as it's not more than 10 mph) I can deal with, though. Of course, as long as they have their lights on and are going to an emergency anyways, I can deal with them going 100 down a 45 lol
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:37 am

I hear ya J-Rob. Just the other day I got pulled over b/c the cop "thought" I was texting while driving. I was actually messing with the radio and at a red light, lol. He asked if he could check my phone. At first I thought I'd give him a hard time about it, but I'm a good guy so I gave it too him. Then he asked me about a message that I sent 45 mins before he pulled me over. I was like dude, it says what time it was sent or received. But then today, I saw the same cop driving down the road messing with his phone and I was like really???
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 am

That akward moment when you read something on facebook and think it's one of your online friends posting it, and you make a remark referencing another online friend, but it was actually one of your school friends that had posted something.

Whoops.
Back to top Go down
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager
Chin

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 am

bakes991 wrote:
That akward moment when you read something on facebook and think it's one of your online friends posting it, and you make a remark referencing another online friend, but it was actually one of your school friends that had posted something.

Whoops.
Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 1974641
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:28 am

Shit. lol
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 am

Lambert wrote:
I hear ya J-Rob. Just the other day I got pulled over b/c the cop "thought" I was texting while driving. I was actually messing with the radio and at a red light, lol. He asked if he could check my phone. At first I thought I'd give him a hard time about it, but I'm a good guy so I gave it too him. Then he asked me about a message that I sent 45 mins before he pulled me over. I was like dude, it says what time it was sent or received. But then today, I saw the same cop driving down the road messing with his phone and I was like really???

A cop will never get my phone. The way around it...If you password your phone, they cannot legally take your password to look into the phone.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Its a joke is what it is. I was listening to Pat & Stu the other day and they were talking about how Cops in Texas are giving tickets to people that roll onto the White lines for Stop Signs and what not. I've been pulled over for the same exact reason before. Its so sooo stupid how some Cops handle the job. I understand if your obstructing the cross walk or whatever but if your in a rural area or even just at a 4 way stop and your front bumper or tire is BARELY touching the white line then they're giving tickets for it. Its partly the Cops, department as a whole and its a state problem. They're just trying to get more damn revenue from us and its wrong.

It was good to see people on TV/Radio actually going after crap like this though. They slammed the hell out of the department and state of Texas for it.
Back to top Go down
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:29 am

uh....... ok then.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jeffreystoycloset.com
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Well the last few nights I've not been able to sleep. Been thinking about so many things. My future, my family, everything.

All I've ever wanted to do was just go racing and for the time being it looks like that won't happen. I've got hardly any money left and what money I do have I pay bills with. Not to mention we're getting kicked out of our house because our land lords son got kicked out of his and they want him to have our house.. So now we have to go buy some crap ass house or apartment. I keep thinking about wanting to do this and that but everytime I get any ideas I always keep thinking about how it probably won't happen or work anyways. I mean if I can't go racing I would like to go get my business degree from school and open up my own collectibles/antique shop. That I think I can accomplish and I would be okay with that but without any help from anybody it will be really hard on my own. My Uncle left to SC, my Mom is too depressed to do anything, my Sister hates me my "Dad" is just a dead beat who doesn't want anything to do with me and my Step Dad (Who was the guy who raised me) and I haven't talked in over a year lol.

All I know is that I can't keep going the way things have been in the last 6 months. I'm just gonna hop in School get a degree in business for now, go open up a shop and maybe down the road borrow some money from a bank and open up my own Motorcross type dirt track. I just think it would be badass if I found a few acres of land and built my own little dirt tracks for people to come out with an ATV or Dirt Bike and have some fun. I know I could make a little money doing that haha. Its ideas floating in my head and I just need to keep with it and not give up. And who knows if those goals do happen I could buy my own car and go race at the Local Short tracks for fun! Better than nothing!
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Robson, have you ever thought of maybe becoming a auto tech? Like, finding a shop that does generally everything during the summer this year, help around the shop, do general things like change oil and stuff. Watch what other mechanics do and eventually learn enough to go for a degree in automotive and become a good auto tech.

Sounds a bit silly in the nut shell form, but I don't know man, personally I've been taking this class where the teacher has really made me think about doing that. I would get a little above minimum wage this summer while I learn from the more experienced mechanics. If you can become good enough, you can really make bank if you get hired by a dealership, stores like NAPA or places that fix cop cars. You're getting paid within a certain amount of time given to you to fix whatever and if you're good enough you can hustle through it, start another job while still getting paid within the same time window as the last.

It just seems cool to me, would really help me understand cars and be able to even afford to race a car if I'm good enough and can hustle to get more cash. I personally think it would be a better way for me to get into racing, albeit I'd be a bit older, but hey, I'd know a ton about cars and be able to fund what I want.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:48 pm

I have thought about it. My buddy actually has been working at a shop for 2 years now and this kid knew NOTHING about cars and now hes about to get on with ASE possibly so I mean it would be something good to look into. I've always wanted my own business so maybe if I do get good enough I could open my own little garage. I'll look into it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I'm still working on my plans....baby steps, lol.

Tomorrow I'm going to turn in my application to Hawk's Pizza, do another thing for my Deviantart, and try to write out an idea I had a few days ago. I also might get to hang out wiht my friend Lisa. Smile
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:24 am

Another cool thing if you were to pursue being a auto tech, a lot of places like dealerships and such will payoff your college bills if you work for them for a few years. Same thing with the costs of the ASE tests.
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:16 am

I think Caleb is referring to an Apprenticeship program. Where you're learning on the job and your "schooling" is the mechanic training you. My auto mech class at school really stresses "employability skills" and I always get the highest marks. i could easily get into that and be working on street cars for a living and making good money, but I would much rather do something to do with racing. Just stick with an idea Robson, do some work on it and take action. I've been sitting around for two years wondering what's gonna happen to my racing career, an the past few weeks i've been working towards it and I haven't felt better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread V   Random Discussion Thread V - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Discussion Thread V
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next