Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesFOX's Coverage 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
FOX's Coverage FInzoqm

FOX's Coverage SInIxxP

FOX's Coverage 8ZYsMSX

FOX's Coverage Q1ZNvzf

FOX's Coverage YtoHmfG

FOX's Coverage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

FOX's Coverage Empty
PostSubject: FOX's Coverage   FOX's Coverage EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:38 pm

I use to love FOX, Mike Joy and DW were my favorite announcers for quite a while. But it seems this season, and the last few not only has FOX's commercials increased way more than it should. DW, and Mike Joy both have been annoying the fricken hell out of me. Mike Joy seems to have gotten Alzheimers out of no where because he gets more shit wrong in one race than hes gotten wrong in his entire 30-40 year career it seems. Not to mention they MISS so many big moments during a race. Early in the race I saw Logano cut off Hamlin 3 or 4 times and it was clearly noticeable but nobody saw or commented on it. I seen Jimmie get cut off in turn 2 once and nearly hit the wall. He then got passed by 2 or 3 cars but again nobody said a word. Also this one isn't a big issue but I see drivers have miraculous saves either in the middle of the screen or off to the side. Still noticeable but they either say nothing about it, completely miss it or if they do happen to see it they hardly credit the save lol. There have been quite a few instances this season alone that they have missed and for whatever reason it aggravates me.

Not to mention Mike Joy getting everything wrong anymore. Driver names, numbers, etc. I know announcing is not easy but he has known these drivers and this Sport for 30+ years and ALL of a sudden the man forgets how to do his job? And the commercials? That is a damn joke. The amount of commercials has doubled, if not tripled in the last 2 seasons. The length of the commercials are longer, the timing of the commercials is a joke. It seems like we are watching 4 hours of commercials and 25 minutes of a race. It sickens me how they & NASCAR are taking advantage of their own fans. How much did we miss Sunday? We missed 3 GREAT battles for the lead. We missed a huge moment in the race when Gordon and Kenseth wrecked. We missed Kasey Kahne taking the lead, losing the lead then having an incredible save that nearly cost him the race. Its beyond pathetic. Its pathetic that we continue to watch the races, go to the races knowing we are being taken advantage of. If we watch on TV, we watch hours of commercials and minutes of racing. If we watch in the stands we have to pay an arm and a leg for a hotel and tickets. The least NASCAR & the tracks could do is come up with a way to save us a little bit of money by lowing ticket prices. They damn well know how high Hotel Pricing is. Compromise and lower tickets. They know as much as any sport how the economy is right now. Yet they continue to take advantage of their fans who are 90% of the reason there is even a race going on.

Without so many fans, I am for certain there is less sponsors in the sport. How many times have we seen thousands of fans go to a sponsors page and fight hard to get them to sponsor a team, driver or event & many times it actually works. If NASCAR wanted better ratings, more fans in the stands for not only Sprint Cup but Nationwide & Trucks they need to look themselves in the mirror. I realize its not that easy. I realize its a bigger operation than we all could even imagine but if they are so set foot on listening to the fans then they need to either do what they can or they all need to quit bitching about the ratings, the lack of fans in their stands and certainly need to quit bitching about all their cars being unsponsored. They are at fault way more so than they think. Its less economy and more NASCAR's fault then they think. Maybe its just me and I realize its a yearly thing with us NASCAR fans who think tickets are ridiculous and there are too many commercials but this year it seems in only 4 races that its more noticeable than I've ever seen it & I'm sure others as well.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

FOX's Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOX's Coverage   FOX's Coverage EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:04 pm

The best part of the race was Darrel Waltrip going NUTS, OH IT MUST BE A TIRE, IT MUST BE A TIRE anytime someone (and in particular Hamlin) got loose.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

FOX's Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOX's Coverage   FOX's Coverage EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:39 am

I haven't liked FOX for a few years now. The quality of their broadcast has just gone down. I honestly think it's time for them to get some new younger people in the booth. Hell, NBC Sports got Leigh Diffey and he brought so much excitement to the F1 race this weekend, expecting he will do the same during the IndyCar race. They need someone that can bring the viewers into the race and make them excited about it. Instead of blabbering about stupid shit half of the race like DW, or try to competently commentate like Mike Joy.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

FOX's Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOX's Coverage   FOX's Coverage EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:01 am

And we have a caution!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wobble
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
Wobble

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-08-11

FOX's Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOX's Coverage   FOX's Coverage EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:20 am

Don't know about FOX, but the F1 race director was on crystal meth this weekend. The guy who won the race (won't mention it in case you haven't watched it yet) was apparently a ghost as they kept focusing on Adrian Sutil. And while he did run a good race, they kept focusing on him even when someone else was leading. It was pretty much the Adrian Sutil show. Am I the only one to notice this???

I'm not blaming NBC. This is FOM's fault.

O, and as far as Nascar, I like watching races from 2001-2006. Before the new car. Before this twitter bullshit. When it was just racing and not bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FOX's Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOX's Coverage   FOX's Coverage Empty

Back to top Go down

FOX's Coverage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solstice Racing :: Sports :: Racing-
Jump to: