Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesCali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar FInzoqm

Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar SInIxxP

Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar 8ZYsMSX

Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar Q1ZNvzf

Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar YtoHmfG

Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar

Go down 
+4
TheShermanator
Jordan Robson
racemaxx31
Caleb Paul
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar Empty
PostSubject: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 5:51 am

Hope these set of Cali races aern't boring but I ain't holding my breath.

Last edited by NASCARGearHead on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 6:03 am

The Cup race last fall really wasn't that bad, I thought it was pretty entertaining. The Nationwide race on the other hand has the looks of being terrible. 15th in practice was nearly a second slower than 1st.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 6:43 am

Go figure, so far all of the nationwide races this season have been pretty shitty.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:08 am

Especially compared to last year. The first 5 or 6 races last year in the Nationwide series were easily the best of the 3 series..
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:21 am

This has been a great Nationwide race so far.. One of the best I've ever seen at California. Lets just hope Busch doesn't take the lead and buzzkill like he usually does when we actually have a good racing going....
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:33 am

Hasn't been half bad. Much better then the past 4 years.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:36 am

That bad? We've had over 20 lead changes, 3 and 4 wide racing. For California thats way past exceptional.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:42 am

Half bad as in decent, lol 3-4 wide is normal on RS's tbh... amazing that there is racing for the lead though I will admit lol. Has been entertaining. Sucks that it looks like its gonna be a buzzkill finish
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:50 am

GW Kyle. Gay
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:33 am

Meh, atleast Kyle earned this one and didn't run away with it. Plus the racing for California was exceptional, makes me kinda pumped for the Cup race tomorrow which has alot more competitive cars.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:13 am

lead changes don't mean shit if it's only between two or three drivers. and any time i watched they were single file and carl and harvick were running away with it.

nationwide series is dead to me.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:32 am

True but its still good racing. We saw 3 wide for the lead many times. But ok.

But I do agree, Nationwide series is dead. Has been for a few years. Its just a playground for the Cup guys. With this new point system its even worse. Now the Cup guys will just go to play even more.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:40 am

Jordan Robson wrote:
True but its still good racing. We saw 3 wide for the lead many times. But ok.

But I do agree, Nationwide series is dead. Has been for a few years. Its just a playground for the Cup guys. With this new point system its even worse. Now the Cup guys will just go to play even more.

+1
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am

3 wide is good and all but if it only lasts for the first few laps after a restart, who cares really. I've found myself only watching the start and last 30 laps because it's usually always the same. Some backmarker spins. Debris caution. OMG THEY'RE 4 WIDE. Some retarded crash at the end. Cup regular backed by cup equipment dominates the race. It's just all so predictable. I don't care if they had a three wide finish for every race the rest of the year. It would likely be between Kyle Busch and two other cup drivers who dominated the entire race, and it would still be predictable.

So maybe there were good moments, it hardly matters when you know who's going to win before the race even starts.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:59 am

They took the Sport out of Motorsport. Its all just entertainment now it seems. Its sad, that seems to be the new thing with Motorsports. They're all going for 'entertainment' more so then straight up racing and sport.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Exactly. They don't seem to be looking towards the future at all. What happens when all these superstars are getting old and retiring and you've got no names behind them because they are being snubbed in the lower series?

And another thing, I'm sick and tired of people using the amount of lead changes stat to justify weather or not the race was good or not. That doesn't mean jack shit. That stat is as useless as a terms of use agreement. Nobody ever really looks into it. I think there was only one green flag pit stop in the race but in all likely hood, a good majority of those lead changes came during the round of pit stops. Which is just part of the normal cycle.

I think the amount of different leaders is a much more important stat. There was what, 21 lead changes? Fourteen of them were between Carl Edwards and Kevin Harvick. 2 of those belonged to the likes of Kevin Lepage and Charles Lewandoski. Likely under green flag pit stops or by benefit of staying out during a caution.

Sorry to rant so much, just frustrated lol. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrows race.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm pretty sure if the lead changes 14 times between the top 2 then its probably a good race. Thats real racing. Going back and fourth for the lead. That is racing, Kyle Busch leading all 200 laps in Phoenix and winning by like 2 seconds is not racing. I go by what I see and I saw a good race today for the lead and 3rd on back. It just sucks that the Cup tools had to be the ones battling for it. I will justify a good race how I want to and to me battles for the lead justify a good chunk of one.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Good F1 race, not the best of the best for Melbourne but it was still enjoying to watch, happy to finally see Petrov get a podium, wish Webber could of been up there with him, but hey still a good start to the season.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:51 pm

The fact that's it's cup drivers kills it for me. If it had been Jason Leffler and Ricky Stenhouse it would've been awesome. I guess that's my issue mainly. I don't care to see cup drivers dominate a nationwide race. It's old news. Like I said, the racing at face value was fine. It's just the drivers I don't particularly care for.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:11 am

Speaking of Leffler, him and Allgaier had a decent battle for 11th Razz -_-
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:18 am

Actually, don't be shocked to see Ricky Stenhouse win at least one nonstand-alone event. He's been pretty good, he led some laps yesterday (Only to be buzzkilled back to 4th...) and has been exceptional this year, so far.

I'm just surprised this is still the Nationwide Series though... I thought by 2010, it would've been renamed the Sprint Cup Lite Series -_-

Go Nwide only drivers!
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:23 am

I have to say I'm certainly impressed with Stenhouse's performance this year. He's gone from wrecking cars what seemed like every week to a title contender.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:27 am

He's only a title contender due to Carl not being able to earn points Razz
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:39 am

or kyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:40 am

Webber needs to go to Red Bull and be like 'Give me the same equipment as Vettel or I'm gone'. He's being slapped in the face by Red Bull just because Vettel is their homeboy and Webber only has 1 year left on his contract. Im sure plenty of teams would make room for him. ut Red Bull is messed up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar   Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar Empty

Back to top Go down

Cali/Rallycross/F1 Weekend/Indycar
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next