Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest images2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 FInzoqm

2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 SInIxxP

2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 8ZYsMSX

2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 Q1ZNvzf

2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 YtoHmfG

2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread

Go down 
+16
lemonhead75
Jake_Ace
Jordan Robson
Buckeye24
Caleb Paul
Doc
Matt Patterson
KAuto26
TM93
Cory Spencer
bakes991
lonewolf2864
TheShermanator
Lambert
AuzGrams
Matt_Emerson29
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:45 am

TheShermanator wrote:
I wish I could say something to try and prove you wronge but I know I can't. Charlie Weiss was supposed to be the saving grace for Brantley, because he was supposed to be a "pro style" QB. Florida hasn't run a pro style offense all year. When Brantley finally does get his chances he can't do anything with them. It's amazing how far this team has fallen in such a short amount of time.

Every time I watch Florida play, they just don't look very good. Muschamp is a terrible coach from what I've seen to, I just haven't seen any flash out of them under Muschamp unlike even in the mediocre teams that Urban Meyer had the past couple years.

Beating Florida Atlantic, UAB, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Furman just doesn't strike me as impressive either. If they were in the SEC West, not sure they'd even be in a bowl game.
Back to top Go down
Buckeye24
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Buckeye24

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:51 am

A first year coach, a freshman quarterback making freshman mistakes, a program under fire from the NCAA, and we still almost beat Michigan?

Man they suck. Can't wait to start another 8+ -year winning streak against them next year. Better believe I'll be in the Horseshoe for it too.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:57 am

Buckeye24 wrote:
A first year coach, a freshman quarterback making freshman mistakes, a program under fire from the NCAA, and we still almost beat Michigan?

Man they suck. Can't wait to start another 8+ -year winning streak against them next year. Better believe I'll be in the Horseshoe for it too.

lol @ that pathetic team making a BCS bowl as an at-large.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:31 am

AuzGrams wrote:
Fucking Michigan really needs to lose, I don't want to see Denard running the ball all game in the Sugar Bowl. The fact that Michigan is in position as a BCS at-large is pathetic.

Denard had a great game last night from the air as well as the ground. I would rather see them get in rather than Houston getting raped by someone.
Back to top Go down
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver
Doc

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:38 am

Alabama and LSU in the National Championship game... SEC, the best conference in the land for real this time.

bakes991 wrote:
LOL Tennessee lost to Kentucky XD
When Georgia Tech or Florida beats someone 26 straight years or wins 6 National Championships let me know.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:23 am

Florida has beaten Kentucky 25 times in a row lol. We're going to tie UT's record next season now lol. It's not as impressive as you'd think.
Back to top Go down
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver
Doc

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:46 am

Talk to me next year, Sherm. :O
Back to top Go down
Matt Patterson
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Matt Patterson

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:11 am

well im pretty sure VT can beat Clemson next week if we actually show up unlike when they played them earlier in the season
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000430
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:39 am

Stephen Black wrote:
Alabama and LSU in the National Championship game... SEC, the best conference in the land for real this time.

bakes991 wrote:
LOL Tennessee lost to Kentucky XD
When Georgia Tech or Florida beats someone 26 straight years or wins 6 National Championships let me know.

Irrelevant past is irrelevant.

Seriously, let's talk about the past and make it count as an excuse for this year! HURR DURR!
Back to top Go down
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver
Doc

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:50 pm

A lot of Florida fans do it all the time. Fans of any team do it.. Alabama fans, LSU fans, any fans.

And how do you think recruits go to schools like Tennessee, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Miami and others? Because they have a tradition of winning football games and being successful. If it wasn't for the past, all of these teams would have nothing.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:05 am

I'm just saying that bringing up the past to defend you losing to a team like Kentucky is irrelevant and not a good excuse.

You could beat a team for 300 years and they become a 3-8 team when you play them and lose to them and the past still won't mean jackshit for that game.
Back to top Go down
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager
Chin

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:26 am

Yeah, look at Georgia. They were shit for a few years and suddenly are doing better than GT again. Razz
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:01 am

Chin wrote:
Yeah, look at Georgia. They were shit for a few years and suddenly are doing better than GT again. Razz

Technically, and I hate to say it... but I think UGA has almost always been better than Tech.

I still argue that Tech should've won the last two years, but they had no chance this year.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 am

Chin wrote:

Yeah, they had to play that vaunted SEC East schedule this season.

Stephen Black wrote:
A lot of Florida fans do it all the time. Fans of any team do it.. Alabama fans, LSU fans, any fans.

And how do you think recruits go to schools like Tennessee, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Miami and others? Because they have a tradition of winning football games and being successful. If it wasn't for the past, all of these teams would have nothing.

I hope Tennessee is good when they are the top recruiting CFB team in the country.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:24 am

I bet you that every team in the SEC East could beat Utah in blowout fashion.

Well, Tennessee might just slip into the win, but still...
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:51 am

bakes991 wrote:

What place does Utah have in the argument? I was actually defending your Georgia Tech team too lol. I would put Utah up against any of those vaunted teams like Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Florida and the FCS "powerhouses" like Furman, Samford, The Citadel, Georgia Southern, etc.

Georgia winning the SEC East and going to the SEC Championship game does not impress me when the SEC East isn't very good. The only real impressive wins areMississippi State, Auburn, and Georgia Tech. All the rest of the wins don't impress me.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 am

Sarcasm detector fail. lol

Considering Georgia was the laughing stock of the SEC (except Tennessee) the last few season, them winning the SEC East is impressive and I really expect them to put up a fight against LSU.

I hate UGA, but you aren't giving them any credit at all for going 10-2, winning their division, and making a statement that they aren't going down after going 0-2.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 am

bakes991 wrote:
Sarcasm detector fail. lol

Considering Georgia was the laughing stock of the SEC (except Tennessee) the last few season, them winning the SEC East is impressive and I really expect them to put up a fight against LSU.

I hate UGA, but you aren't giving them any credit at all for going 10-2, winning their division, and making a statement that they aren't going down after going 0-2.

The SEC east has fell from being the dominant division during the past few years......but you cant call UGA and Tennessee the laughing stock of the SEC. I hate Georgia but they step up to the plate in big games, and Tennessee did win the SEC east in 08 and almost beating LSU. And please also put into consideration that we have one of the youngest teams in all of FBS this year after everyone bailed with Lane and Monte Kiffin.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 am

AuzGrams wrote:
If they (Florida) were in the SEC West, not sure they'd even be in a bowl game.
I know for a fact they wouldn't be lol. They played Alabama and LSU two games in a row and lost big. Auburn was a squeaker but still a loss. They could probably take Ole Miss and Mississippi State.

Other than that, the East has been weaker overall the past few years. I'd like to think Georgia will compete in the Championship game, but I just don't know. They had close games against Florida, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky. LSU will probably be too much for them to handle.
Back to top Go down
Buckeye24
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Buckeye24

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 pm

5 years ago, Urban Meyer was my least favorite guy in the world. Now I love him. Funny how college football works. lol
Back to top Go down
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver
Doc

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:14 pm

AuzGrams wrote:
bakes991 wrote:

What place does Utah have in the argument? I was actually defending your Georgia Tech team too lol. I would put Utah up against any of those vaunted teams like Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Florida and the FCS "powerhouses" like Furman, Samford, The Citadel, Georgia Southern, etc.

Georgia winning the SEC East and going to the SEC Championship game does not impress me when the SEC East isn't very good. The only real impressive wins areMississippi State, Auburn, and Georgia Tech. All the rest of the wins don't impress me.
Georgia Southern would beat Utah. Just saying.

Oh, and why would you play anyone big time when you already play in the best conference in all of college football? I'm sick of SEC critics, saying how we never play anyone big time, but when we play in the National Championship game, we dust their asses. I guess Oklahoma, Florida State, Ohio State, and Oregon weren't "good teams" when the SEC teams played them for the National Championship.
Back to top Go down
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager
Chin

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:57 am

Stephen Black wrote:
Not gonna lie, I fucking lol'd at that.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:40 am

Stephen Black wrote:
AuzGrams wrote:
bakes991 wrote:

Oh, and why would you play anyone big time when you already play in the best conference in all of college football? I'm sick of SEC critics, saying how we never play anyone big time, but when we play in the National Championship game, we dust their asses. I guess Oklahoma, Florida State, Ohio State, and Oregon weren't "good teams" when the SEC teams played them for the National Championship.

Who said I was hating on the SEC? Maybe it's just being real that the SEC East isn't that good this year. Just look at the freaking schedules and resumes of all the teams in the SEC East this year. It's probably better than the PAC-12 South, but that isn't the point here considering it's always been weaker than the Big 12 or SEC.

Bold statement considering Tennessee finished 5-7, Georgia Southern must be whoopin' up on Tennesee as well.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:45 am

Well before this gets ugly............

Stephen, Auz isnt saying the entire SEC sucks, he thinks the SEC east isnt as good as usual and lets be honest, this hasnt been the best year for any team in the SEC east except Georgia
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:46 am

volsdude14 wrote:
Well before this gets ugly............

Stephen, Auz isnt saying the entire SEC sucks, he thinks the SEC east isnt as good as usual and lets be honest, this hasnt been the best year for any team in the SEC east except Georgia

South Carolina was a good team until they lost their starting QB (Garcia kinda sucked but still) and Marcus Lattimore, but that's irrelevant now.

Last edited by AuzGrams on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread   2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 NCAA College Football Discussion thread
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next