Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesRacing Discussion Thread - Page 21 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 FInzoqm

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 SInIxxP

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 8ZYsMSX

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 Q1ZNvzf

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 YtoHmfG

Racing Discussion Thread

Go down 
+21
Dan Mackay
mearsfan13
Matt Patterson
Lambert
lonewolf2864
Doc
Daceag17
KAuto26
Jordan Robson
TM93
BaltoRacing
trbfan
racemaxx31
Jake_Ace
TheShermanator
Shawn_82
Matt_Emerson29
lemonhead75
AuzGrams
Caleb Paul
bakes991
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:57 am

Jordan Robson wrote:
Its way to predictable?? How can Trevor Bayne winning the Daytona 500 be predictable??

I don't mind the tangos but I'd prefer pack racing. But this is what we got now and its going to probably stay this way for years to come. The last 20 laps of a 'tango' style race are as much, if not more intense to me than any type of racing we've seen.

When I say predictable, I don't mean like, from the start or middle of the race you can tell who is gonna win, I'm talking about at the end, when there is 2 or 3 tangos going, whoever is pushing them pretty much can't do anything to go for the win without just dropping back like a parachute, unless its one on one with his partner. It just doesn't seem like racing to me when you have to rely on someone else or your going to get lapped. Hopefully the new bodies in 2013 don't have any bumpers that line up lol.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:14 am

LIVE SCCA runoffs racing is starting. Cars from 1960's to a 2011 Porsche GT3 are racing live from Road America. Race is about to start.

http://speedcasttv.com/#/races/253

Next race is the Gumout GT2 Series.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:27 am

Eddie Sharp Racing has bought the assets of the #8 and #33 teams from KHI for 2012. I'm guessing they are getting equipment and what not from them, too. I think ESR might be a force next year if they can also sign the crew chiefs too.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:03 am

ESR's current team hasn't really shown a lot of speed, though. They have their work cut out for them.
I have no idea how rich Mr. Sharp is, but I assume they have some sponsorship lined up? You can't field 3 truck teams out of pocket.
I'd expect Lofton to be back, and they will probably make an offer to Nelson Piquet Jr. To be honest, unless Germain, Red Horse, Thorsport, or RCR want him, ESR doesn't seem too bad.

I like that Jason White is now running 1 manufacturer all year.
Next steps - replace Chad Kendrick with Doug Howe and replace PME engines with ECR.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:34 am

PME is perfectly fine. Don't think Chad Kendrick is a big issue either. Replace Jason White with someone better and the 23 will be faster.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:41 am

Matt Patterson wrote:
TheShermanator wrote:
Matt Patterson wrote:
yes, the dega april race was the worst race ever. sooooo boring. Not an exciting finish at all Rolling Eyes
It will probably be incredible racing from like, the middle of the tri oval on the last lap to checkers and people will talk about how incredibly amazing the race was because of it.
*cough87leadchangescough*
Spare me statistics, please. That is not impressive with this type of racing, at all. It's impressive in the sense that it's a large number, but when a lead change is dependent completely on one factor, not your ability to make it to the front, but the ability of somebody else to push you there, and nothing else. When there's a 10 MPH speed difference between the cars that are passing and the cars being passed, it's much less impressive.

As far as predictability, it's extremely predictable racing from lap 1 to lap 187, and it's exactly the same type of racing throughout. Weeks before the race even happens, we already know how this race is going to go. We're already debating whether or not if we're going to like it in this very thread. One thing that it has provided us with, is surprise winners. But as far as how they got to the front, we already know exactly how they did it, and how they'll continue to do it until this style of racing dissapears.

With the previous style of pack racing, there were extremely dull moments, for instance when the entire field drops single file for laps on end. I would rather watch the two car tango than a single file line of drafting. But when they did really start the race, there would typically be two and three lines of cars three wide 30 cars deep, and it left you on the edge of your seat. ANYTHING could happen at any moment, and you would just be glued to the screen, waiting to see if it would. One small slip could cause mass carnage. They were always one small slip away from disaster, through the entire race. Not just a single 10-20 lap run at the end of a race. That, is what restrictor plate racing is all about.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:08 am

O_O

Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:45 am

One more thing about ALMS. They announced that Sebring will be limited to 60 entries. 30 from WEC, 30 from ALMS. The ALMS divisions will be seperated from the WEC divisions. So we will technically have about 11 classes at Sebring.

ALMS P1
WEC P1
ALMS P2
WEC P2
ALMS LMPC
ALMS GT
WEC GTE
WEC GTE-AM
ALMS GTC
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:47 am

volsdude14 wrote:
O_O

dafuck, did they hire the same people that run x games to make the walls?
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Jeff Oakley is your 2011 Southside Speedway Late Model Champion!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:03 pm

who
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:10 am

Interesting entries for Kansas NNS:
#03 Scott Riggs
#04 Danny O'Quinn Jr
#4 Kevin Harvick (Last race for the 4 team I believe)
#10 (210 Owner's Points) TBA - 2nd Jen Jo Cobb entry
#13 (#113 Owner's Points) JJC
#27 JJ Yeley (GoCanada) with 31W Insulation sponsorship
#68 Jeremy Petty Fluer DeLis Motorsports
#82 Scott Wimmer in a 2nd MacDonald entry

Also, on the Cup side, everything pretty much the same as last week except #98 - Austin Dillon (attempting to make Cup debut)
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:14 am

#10 - Please not AJ Russell
#13 - DNQ
#27 - Combining Day and Canada?
#68 - AHAHAHAHA Really? Thats the best they could get?
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:41 am

27 is GoCanada Racing, doubt Day has anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:16 am

The 27 isn't the same GoCanada as the 67. I believe it is mostly Baker-Curb, while the 67 is actually GoCanada.

Disclaimer: The 68 is in no way affiliated with RWR anymore.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 am

Who the fuck is Jeremy Petty lol. Also, I have no clue who is going to be in the #10. If I had to guess, I'd probably say DJ Kennington or Rick Crawford.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 am

Jeremy Petty was a shitty ARCA driver in the 23 from what I recall in the past couple years, pretty sure he might have been in the Koma Unwind #01 truck at Darlington last year or another track.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:32 am

Pocono Raceway is doing a total repave job. They will also install a new pit road wall (the one that seperates the track from pit road I am assuming) and they will have concrete pit boxes.

Another track with character going down, but at least it keeps its triangleness!
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:33 am

Pocono is repaving the whole track apparently for next year, along with more safer barriers, they already torn up most of the asphalt, heres the story.

Long Pond, PA. (October 4, 2011) ― On June 4, 2010 Pocono Raceway announced the Raceway was embarking on an expansive construction project directed to improve driver safety and enhance competition. In the fall of 2010, more 5,500 feet of the new generation SAFER (Steel and Foam Energy Reduction) barrier was installed to the inside of the track from the exit of turn one to the entrance of turn three, and more than 6,100 feet of catch fence added from the front straight to turn two. Today, Raceway President and CEO, Brandon Igdalsky announced the kick-off of phase two of the project that includes: a new outer pit wall, concrete pit stalls and repaving of the 2.5 mile superspeedway, known as “The Tricky Triangle.”

“We received input from a number of drivers, as well as, NASCAR Officials before making our final improvement plans,” stated Igdalsky. “A new outer pit wall will replace the current pit wall and new concrete pit stalls will provide an excellent surface for pit stops and subsequent burn-outs. Our pit stalls are already among the largest on the circuit and our pit road is one of the widest and safest in NASCAR,” Igdalsky added. “Pocono was last repaved in 1995 and all construction work will be completed prior to Pocono Raceway’s June 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event.”

The 2012 Pocono Raceway schedule includes the June 10, Pocono 400 and the August 5, Pennsylvania 400, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events. An ARCA 200-mile race will be run on Saturday, June 9. An ARCA 125-mile race and a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series 125-mile race will be run on Saturday, August 4. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Pole Qualifying will also be conducted on the Saturday prior to each Sprint Cup Series event.

Renewal forms for 2012 tickets have been sent out to existing ticket holders. June 2011 ticket holders will receive a 10 percent discount on tickets ordered by October 31. August 2011 ticket holders will receive a 20 percent discount on tickets ordered by November 1 or a 10 percent discount on tickets ordered by December 31. Additionally, if race fans renew their tickets for the 2012 season by October 31, they will be automatically entered into a random drawing for two tickets to 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Banquet in Las Vegas on Friday, December 2 and $500 spending cash.

Pics on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/poconoraceway

I'm personally glad to see it repaved, I think that the bumps over the past couple of years have hurt the racing there, and as long as they don't add progressive banking, then it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:33 am

My post has more info baker Razz
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:51 am

YAY FOR ANOTHER TRACK THAT WILL HAVE ZERO TIRE WEAR. WOOHOOO!!!

Lame.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:54 am

NASCARGearHead wrote:
My post has more info baker Razz

My post was short and to the point Smile
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:55 am

Also I guess Reed fucking Sorenson just got released from Turner Motorsports. For Brian Vickers no less... Hes 3rd in points, has a win (should have Multiple wins) and gets the axe for a MEDIOCRE CUP DRIVER. AWESOME.

Fuck Turner Motorsports. I was a fan of those guys to.
Back to top Go down
Matt Patterson
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Matt Patterson

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:13 am

bleh give it 5 years and all of these repaved tracks will be great. plan for the future
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000430
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:35 am

Jordan Robson wrote:
Also I guess Reed fucking Sorenson just got released from Turner Motorsports. For Brian Vickers no less... Hes 3rd in points, has a win (should have Multiple wins) and gets the axe for a MEDIOCRE CUP DRIVER. AWESOME.

Fuck Turner Motorsports. I was a fan of those guys to.

Like right now, they axed him? Fuck that. Now I have to find a new team to like...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing Discussion Thread
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next