Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesYour favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? FInzoqm

Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? SInIxxP

Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? 8ZYsMSX

Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? Q1ZNvzf

Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? YtoHmfG

Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes?   Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 4:39 am

Not working today so I've done nothing but watch old NASCAR videos today so I was wondering what everyones all time favorite races or finishes in NASCAR were? If you can post a video.

This is my all time favorite race and finish. The last 10 laps were the best racing NASCAR has ever seen. Not to mention one of if not the best finish of all time. Its the 2001 Cracker Barrel 500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-TQrCZVb8Y&feature=related

Also this one because this was the first time I ever got to celebrate my favorite driver winning a race. Nadeaus first and only Winston Cup win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-wYymsCyaE

Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes?   Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:57 am

Everytime I see that finish between Harvick and Gordon, or the Rockingham win by Steve Park I always get chills.

I think my favorite finish has to be the Atlanta race this year, that was exciting to watch the final 10 laps with both Gordon and Johnson having to wheel like hell around every corner, good stuff.

My favorite race has to be the 2011 Daytona 500 because I got to witness that in person and the excitement of seeing a guy only a couple of years older than me winning, that was awesome.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes?   Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Zv_yXWhOY
Oh god, the agony...but that Fedex #18 sure did look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FGu6U5CpTk
The only one to keep control of his truck, still can't win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes?   Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:38 am

I remember this live and it was just epic in so many ways.

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/2191427#pm_cmp=vid_OEV_P_P
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes?   Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:04 am

Definitely some of the most "heart healing" races came in 2001. Steve Park winning at Rockingham, Kevin Harvick at Atlanta. But most of all Dale Jr. at Daytona. The car he had that night was bad fast, and I had the pleasure of being in attendance for that race. It was an incredible night, that I will definitely never forget.

One of the more obvious, completely overplayed, but totally deserving of every bit of recognition it recieves, will always be 2003 at Darlington. Not only the Cup race, but all three races that weekend. The most mindblowing and unexpected finishes happened during that race weekend. The truck race with Bobby Hamilton and Ted Musgrave battling in the closing laps. In the Busch race where it came down to Todd Bodine and Jamie McMurray pretty much wrecking each other across the line. And then of course the big race, one of, if not the most unforgettable finish in all of NASCAR history. Not just that last lap, but the entire closing sequence of that race, Kurt Busch and Ricky Craven fighting tooth and nail, using every single ounce of strength and driving skills that they could muster. Running into the walls, running into each other, throwing everything they could into trying to win that race. Seemingly doing everything possible to wreck each other, yet managing to keep going.

All of this continuing to the very last lap, they come off of turn four, just beating and slamming the hell out of each other, where Craven got the last edge, and pushed that Pontiac Grand Prix ahead of Kurt Busch. To top it all off, Kurt Busch comes into victory lane, and they both shake hands. It was simply and incredible show of heads down, elbows up racing, and still to this day my most favorite finish of all time.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes?   Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 am

Yeah, that finish was wild, definitely one of the best finishes ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes?   Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite NASCAR Races/Finishes?
Page 1 of 1