Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesCharlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 FInzoqm

Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 SInIxxP

Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 8ZYsMSX

Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 Q1ZNvzf

Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 YtoHmfG

Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale

Go down 
+16
Dan Mackay
Shawn_82
TheShermanator
lonewolf2864
Jordan Robson
Matt_Emerson29
lemonhead75
AuzGrams
Matt Patterson
mearsfan13
racemaxx31
BaltoRacing
Caleb Paul
bakes991
Jake_Ace
trbfan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 am

This kinda thing is the reason why I didn't cheer for Jimmie wrecking at all last night. Sure most people are tired of him winning, but at the cost of injury, no way.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:50 am

Ignorant fucktards are the ones who cheer for wrecks like this and Johnsons wreck last night. Those are the ones who love to see wrecks, not racing.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 am

Thank god they had a 5 second delay from the tv to the booth, otherwise we would of been onboard with Dan going through that... god I hope hes okay.. I really fucking hope people realize from this, that this is why they don't run so many god damn 1.5's in indycar.

Really praying hard for Dan right now.. I'm sick to my stomach.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 am

I'm pretty sure the 1.5 mile era was going to be ending soon anyway, Kentucky was dropped from the schedule, only Texas/Vegas is left, and who knows about that. I'm not sure whether some people like it or not, but IndyCar is going to be road courses and street courses only besides the Indy 500 pretty soon. There's only like 5 oval races next year. I highly doubt the series will be back here anytime soon after this. I've actually started to enjoy street courses in IndyCar so it won't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:17 am

Sick to my stomach right now.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:18 am

NASCARGearHead wrote:
Thank god they had a 5 second delay from the tv to the booth, otherwise we would of been onboard with Dan going through that... god I hope hes okay.. I really fucking hope people realize from this, that this is why they don't run so many god damn 1.5's in indycar.

Really praying hard for Dan right now.. I'm sick to my stomach.

Actually no...The way the camera works the 5 second delay works, they cant change the cameras that come across on live stream...All they can do is black out the tv.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:02 am

R.I.P Dan Wheldon Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dan Mackay
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
Dan Mackay

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:09 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:37 am

Can't believe I watched that live..... wow. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:40 am

man... I just lost it once I saw Kanaans face.. I can't even fathom any thought right now, Dan was one of the drivers I loved to cheer for because he was such a stand up guy, loved racing and he was just a awesome guy to cheer for, I will never forget being able to meet him and speak with him the last time Indycar raced at Pikes Peak. This is such a tragic day for motorsports, and one of the days that I absolutely hate the sport I love so much.

R.I.P. Dan..
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:51 am

Jake brought it up on teamspeak, after qualifying they should have known the speeds were too fast and they should have done what CART did at Texas in 2001. Yeah they had a lot on the line saying that it was the finale but look what happened. Hopefully from next season on, if we ever see speeds this fast at such a tight track, officials will do something to improve the security and safety of the drivers.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:54 am

I just don't know what they can do make these things much safer, I mean, the allure of these cars are for speed, and no roll cage. F1's experimented with the idea of plexiglass or glass like substances over the greenhouse, but I'm not sure how effective that could be.

This is a HUGE wake-up call for the safety of IndyCar, I know Paul Dana and Greg Moore died, and it's absolutely terrible that it happened to them, but I don't think their deaths had the impact that Dan Wheldon's will.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:58 am

I can't believe this, I've never been so scared watching a race. the way they were racing you just knew it was going to be bad. It was like watching the world end when that wreck happened. Hopefully something good will come out of this, i was worried about the safety of this series, not just the cars but a lot of other things too. RIP Dan Wheldon, I will never forget this day
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:06 am

Weather they were racing 220 MPH, 200 MPH or 180 MPH when THOSE cars crash like THAT. They will go airborne regardless. Its racing. Some of you people put to much on how fast these cars go. Weather Wheldon was going 220 or 200 he was going airborne. Those cars will never be "completely" safe. They are called open wheel racecars for a reason.

My stomach is in pain right now but I can't even imagine the amount of pain Dan's family and friends are in right now. Being on top of the sport one day and the next he is gone. The defending Indy 500 champion, was the main guy testing the 2012 Indy car, did alot of TV this year.. And was the only guy going after that 5 Million dollar bonus today. Its so sad, so ironic and chilling but this is racing. This is what we love and sometimes we forget about how dangerous it really is. We have to appreciate what some of these guys really do. Indycar, NASCAR, NHRA, whatever. We take forgranted so many things when watching these races. I'm as guilty as any. So next week when we have 43 drivers on the track at Talladega, instead of bitching about how boring the race is. Lets enjoy it for what it is and be thankful we get to watch the sport we love each and every week.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:45 am

Literally just got back from Toledo now...will be uploading pics and video clips, but it doesn't seem that important now. Before my phone died, Wetz texted me that cars had went airborne, but I had no idea. My mom and I were trying to watch what my sister managed to record of the ARCA race, and though we didn't actually get any of that, we heard that Dan Wheldon had been sent to the hospital...just found out now. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:50 am

One thing that is sadly ironic,

the last time Dario was in a close points battle, was in CART in 1999, he lost the title to Montoya in the finale and in that race, Greg Moore was killed in that gruesome crash. And then today, Dario wins a close points battle but Wheldon losses his life in a bad crash.

just sad
Back to top Go down
Matt Patterson
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Matt Patterson

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:56 am

and as much as some of you may dislike Marty Reid, i think he really closed the broadcast well.

"People always ask me why I sign off with 'till we meet again,' and it's because 'goodbye' is just too final. Goodbye Dan."

RIP
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000430
Keiichi Nakamura
Pedobear
Pedobear
Keiichi Nakamura

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:04 am

What I don't get is.. why does IndyCar race in ovals that has banked turns. The physics of those cars aren't built for banked turns speeding up to 200+ mph cause they're too light. If you take the speed away or "lessen" the agression of the drivers by making a dumbshit rule, fans would walk away.

I've been watching SuperGT, F1 and Indycar after I stopped following NASCAR last year, and when I saw Dan Wheldon win the Indy 500, I was like: wow, if he goes full time next year, he's my guy... I was bewildered when I was actually watching today's race when the crash happened.

平和の残り Dan Wheldon...
Back to top Go down
Buckeye24
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Buckeye24

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:45 am

That crash looked like some of the wrecks we have when we're screwing around online. It's just unreal. Indycar needs to completely abandon 1.5-milers. Those cars aren't built for tracks like that.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Traxxas TORC Series driver Rick Huseman was killed in a plane crash.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:25 pm

R.I.P.. Truly a somber day in Motorsports. No doubt about it.

I still can't get over the fact that we lost Dan Wheldon. I'm slowly but surely coming to peace with it but I still am in shock. I knew he was gone when they showed TK. I'm not going to be like most fanboys who don't even watch Indycar and say he was my 'favorite' driver like everyone seems to do when somebody passes away in racing. But when I did watch Indycar Dan was always a guy I did tend to root for. Especially when he started driving the 4 car when he became some what of an underdog.

It sucks the world lost not only a great racer but a great man as well.
Back to top Go down
Bubba025
Graphical Manager
Graphical Manager
Bubba025

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Buckeye24 wrote:
That crash looked like some of the wrecks we have when we're screwing around online. It's just unreal. Indycar needs to completely abandon 1.5-milers. Those cars aren't built for tracks like that.

yeah, I'm just beginning to think that they should just stick to the roadies...

I honestly can't believe we lost him today. 2-time Indy 500 champ, a young guy, classy, and very enthusiastic about his sport. Gotta love a guy like that. He was definitely my favorite driver, especially when he drove the #4.

Someone on Twitter said it best, J.R Hildenbrand lost the Indy 500 so we could see Dan Wheldon in victory lane one last time...

R.I.P Dan

Last edited by Bubba025 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bigevilracing.com
Daceag17
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
Daceag17

Number of posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Rest in peace, Dan. Prayers and thoughts to his family and friends.

Nascar fan first, didn't really watch IRL, but no matter the discipline, motorsports have lost a great man. Pretty sure he's racing with some legends up there in heaven.
Back to top Go down
http://nascar2000racing.myfunforum.org/
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Feels so weird, kind of still in disbelief. Indycar usually seems to competetive and entertaning, hard to think that it went to something so horrific so fast...
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 12:55 am

Even after a full night of sleep, I find it hard to even try and express my feelings through something as small as a forum post. What happened in Las Vegas yesterday was nothing short of a tragedy for all of the motorsports world. Auto racing is dangerous. It always has been, it always will be. At the speeds these cars travel, when one leaves the ground, it is less an automobile, and more an unguided missle. Dan Wheldon's car was not the only one to leave the ground. 4 cars were no longer on the surface, all hurdling towards that very same fence. It could have been any of them. Dan was the extremely unfortunate one whos car turned the wrong way into the catch fence.

I can't act like I knew the guy personally, I've never met the man. But as a fan of auto racing, it's still extremely devastating to watch a man lose his life in front of your own two eyes. This is the second time I've seen somebody lose their life on live television, the first was in the year 2001, February 18. It's not an easy thing to go through, to see it happen and having to wait, not knowing anything. Seeing the reaction of other drivers, though. That was probably the most excruciating part of the whole ordeal. ABC had not said anything, but the looks on all of those drivers faces said everything. I pray for the friends and families of not just Dan Wheldon, but of every driver and crew member, and their families. I believe Dario Franchitti said it the best. To quote, "Days like today...is it worth it? No, absolutely not, but it's what we push each other we push ourselves, we push our teams to win these races and championships and it's what drives us forwards, it's what we love. And then you see that happen to Dan and you know what it doesn't matter."

Soon some very serious questions will need to be asked about the safety of this sport, these cars, these tracks, but right now is a time to show respect for a great race car driver, who lost his life, doing what he so strived to do. Win races. Rest in Peace Dan Wheldon, you will be forever missed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale   Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlotte/Indycar Vegas/BTCC Finale
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next