Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest images2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 FInzoqm

2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 SInIxxP

2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 8ZYsMSX

2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 Q1ZNvzf

2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 YtoHmfG

2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread

Go down 
+10
Davey Alli-Rudd
D7H5
Chin
bakes991
Jake_Ace
TheShermanator
Caleb Paul
lemonhead75
trbfan
racer612008
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2010-07-31

2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:12 am

HOLY CRAP! I really hope nobody got hurt
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeffreystoycloset.com
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:46 am

Theres pictures of the tire sitting up near the press box.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:55 am

2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 BD0bUVeCUAMqJpb
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 am

Shit man... this is some scary shit.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 am

This just sucks. All there is too it. I am praying for the fans big time..

Anyone else annoyed with how some of the media members (aka Jim Utter) are going after NASCAR for taking down that video? Why would people want to watch others get hurt if not killed and this guy (who gets paid to cover NASCAR!) is going on a rage about it being deleted. Maybe he should be worried about the fans who got hurt instead of bitching about watching others get injured!
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:41 am

Just watched the whole race. How it went, doesn't even matter to me right now. I hope everybody recovers from this. You don't expect to go to a race and get killed watching it.
Back to top Go down
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 am

Nothing really said in the press conference they just had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeffreystoycloset.com
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 am

Conference was a joke. Joey Chitwood just seemed straight insensitive and seemed to just be worried about ticket sales for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:40 am

I know its not a big deal and I probably shouldn't even be complaining about it but I continue to see drivers post crap about where they should go to Dinner tonight or if they should go to Disney World or some bullshit. I know they're lives continue and they can't just halt everything they do but I'd just like to see them have a little more sympathy for the people who CREATE they're silly ass paychecks every week. If those fans don't go to races they don't have the fricken money to go to Disney World or go spend 500 bucks on Dinners every night.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 am

Here's to a better 500 next year. They'll tweak the things needed on this package and I have a feeling we'll have better racing next time at a SS. Alright race though, glad to see for the first time in years it didn't end in a giant crash.
Back to top Go down
Davey Alli-Rudd
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
Davey Alli-Rudd

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2010-10-09

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 am

Caleb Paul wrote:
Here's to a better 500 next year. They'll tweak the things needed on this package and I have a feeling we'll have better racing next time at a SS. Alright race though, glad to see for the first time in years it didn't end in a giant crash.

#bringbackthewickerbill
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/fastfortress
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 am

Can't expect perfection on the first race. Got to let them work on it with time. I actually kind of enjoyed not seeing 20 cars wrecking coming off of turn four on the final lap
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:46 am

I can't believe people are crying about how this was the worse 500 ever. I take it the kiddies didn't watch much NASCAR before 2008 or something. I mean all of 90's Daytona 500 races were all single file finishes and 3/4ths of those races were Single File. Aside from 2000-2002 SS racing has always been like this lol..

Hell everyone seems to think the 04 and 05 500's were some of the best ever. In reality the racing and finishes in those races had way more single file.

I mean just look at the finishes and how much room was between the cars. If we had a finish like that today fans would be even more upset!

http://www.hhweb.com/nascar2004b/dalejrdaytonfinish.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou6NXvIPJPw

and hell 2006 was even worse.

People should read this article. For once Ed Hinton was spot on. http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8981233/nascar-call-daytona-500-boring
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:00 am

Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:06 am

Have I mentioned how much I dislike NASCAR fans sometimes? Just a bunch of hicks who probably didn't even get hit with anything trying to make a quick buck. Its uneducated redneck fans and the typical 12 year old NASCAR fan that makes me want to quit watching the damn sport anymore.
Back to top Go down
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager
Chin

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 am

Jordan Robson wrote:
Have I mentioned how much I dislike NASCAR fans sometimes? Just a bunch of hicks who probably didn't even get hit with anything trying to make a quick buck. Its uneducated redneck fans and the typical 12 year old NASCAR fan that makes me want to quit watching the damn sport anymore.
I don't know if you read the article, but they were actually injured. Also, if they were uneducated they wouldn't be smart enough to get a lawyer.

This has nothing to do with NASCAR fans, if anything it's about how broken the civil legal system. The case won't even get to court, it'll be settled out of court.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:38 am

I thought there is a disclaimer on the back of each ticket that's supposed to prevent legal action?

I haven't read the article (prolly won't tbh lol) so I'm not sure what they are intending to do here.
Back to top Go down
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager
Chin

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:22 am

Quote :
There is a waiver on the back of tickets for NASCAR races which states that fans assume all risks. The waiver on the back of the Daytona Nationwide ticket read: "The holder of the ticket expressly assumes all risk incident of the event, whether occurring prior to, during or subsequently to the actual event, and agrees that all participants, sanctioning bodies and employees, agents, officers and directors of Daytona International Speedway, its affiliates and subsidiaries, are hereby released from any and all claims arriving from the event, including claims of negligence."

Wheeler said from his experience that does not prevent fans from seeking damages.

"The competitor signs a release sheet and you're competing, the track is protected," Wheeler said. "When a spectator goes in he is not protected. All you have to do at that point is prove negligence.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Chin wrote:
Jordan Robson wrote:
I don't know if you read the article, but they were actually injured. Also, if they were uneducated they wouldn't be smart enough to get a lawyer.

This has nothing to do with NASCAR fans, if anything it's about how broken the civil legal system. The case won't even get to court, it'll be settled out of court.
Uneducated hicks know what a dollar sign is lol. I can't even imagine how many law firms contacted these people. Probably all 28 of them had lawyers contact them about taking legal action. I believe 5 or them had injuries that had nothing to do with the incident and I won't be shocked to see those people hop on the train. Lot of the people interviewed just sounded straight up stupid. I'll bet a few of the ones suing probably came back the next day for the 500. Doesn't make much sense there does it lol.

Don't get me wrong I'm very glad those people are all alive but its just sad to see people always sue after everything. They knew the risks when going to the track. Daytona is not at fault and neither is NASCAR. It was just a freak accident that could've happened at any Motorsport event. NASCAR tries to keep the fans safe and usually they do a good job of doing so. I'm sure they're is a loop hole to find a way to fault NASCAR or Daytona and if not I am sure some Lawyer will find one. Still doesn't make it right. These people will get there money and I'll guarantee they'll all be back to a NASCAR race..

I spent all night Saturday praying for those fans and again I'm very glad they are all okay but it does make me feel less sorry for them because it just seems like they want to make a quick buck. I mean hell I could've of been there and been hundreds of yards away from the actual incident and I'm sure I could sue just for it being a "traumatic" event for me. So I mean you are correct its more the System than it is the people but regardless it annoys me when these things happen. Just so quick to sue one another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread   2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 Florida SPEEDWEEKS Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5