Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesShawn Taylor Racing 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Shawn Taylor Racing FInzoqm

Shawn Taylor Racing SInIxxP

Shawn Taylor Racing 8ZYsMSX

Shawn Taylor Racing Q1ZNvzf

Shawn Taylor Racing YtoHmfG

Shawn Taylor Racing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Shawn Taylor Racing Empty
PostSubject: Shawn Taylor Racing   Shawn Taylor Racing EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Shawn Taylor Racing Di-4FV9

Driver
Shawn Taylor

Number

Sponsors
Sunoco
Molson
Canadian Tire
Sparco

Shawn Taylor Racing Di-N216

Ontario, Canada

STR is back in action for season 8 of the Proline Cup Series. A grueling back-to-normal season has many familiar venues on the schedule, and this season is full of change. The new generation of race car is about to be rolled out in the early part of the season. Teams will be struggling to get all their parts together but the STR team is confident they will be contenders week after week for wins.

"I'm really looking forward to this season. My personal life is going good for the first time in a long time and I am starting to love racing again. The loss of stress should hopefully translate to good finishes this season. I'm gunning for the championship."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Taylor Racing   Shawn Taylor Racing EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 am

STR Protégé Nelder to Make Stock Car Debut at Daytona in Solstice Dash Series!
Shawn Taylor Racing Di-SVPW
The Shawn Taylor Racing shop has pulled out another brand new bullet for Randy’s Speedweeks, but this time the driver has zero on track experience! Fellow Canadian Andrew Nelder will be piloting the Vancouver Canucks #420 Pontiac when the Dash Series hits the high banks at Daytona. The car has been prepped and the crew has been working hard, however the driver’s server lack of experience could make for an interesting debut. Solstice Racing founder Caleb Wheeler had this to say about Nelder: “Well I uh, just hope he keeps it stable and [that he] doesn’t wreck anyone." Nelder has made a few single car runs in winter testing, but has never driven up to speed in traffic.

Andrew, who was less than ecstatic, sat down with Solstice Media for an interview on the eve of the race.

Reporter: With never having any race car experience aside from Mario Kart, what are your expectations for tomorrow night?

Andrew Nelder #420: “Well, I’m hoping to finish in first, but being realistic, at least in the top half [of the field]

R: How did winter testing fare for you? And how do you think adapting to other cars around you will be?

A.N: “Testing was fun, besides not knowing how to pull in the pits. But real repetitive, expect me to mix it up a little bit. And I don't think [racing in traffic] should be too hard, just need to bob and weave, and keep my eyes on the prize.

R: Any future plans to race after Daytona?

A.N: “Haven't really thought about it, but I think i'll be taking my talents to South Beach after Daytona. I could see that as an option.”

R: Thanks for your time, best of luck in your debut!

A.N: “float on through brother”

Nelder and the team will hit the track tomorrow evening at the Daytona International Speedway in the inaugural Solstice Racing Dash Series event, the MIP 200!
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Taylor Racing   Shawn Taylor Racing EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:43 am

Taylor Out With Concussion After Daytona Crash!

Shawn Taylor Racing Di-0JG9
In the closing stages of the Daytona 500, Shawn Taylor was involved in a horrific accident in the trioval. A bump from Josh Chin sent the #82 out of control and up into the outside wall, where it was then driven over on the roof by Chin. The car was not struck by any other cars but the initial impact with the wall is what did the damage. Taylor has been out of the car since then, taking both Rockingham and Vegas off to recover, and should be back for Bristol.

“I didn’t want to take any time off but my condition would not have benefitted me in anyway. I need to get some good consistent runs together to make the chase. We’ve dug ourselves in a hole, time to start working out of it.

Taylors return will be his first in the Gen-6 race car.
Back to top Go down
blackfender2314
Teamspeak Admin
Teamspeak Admin
blackfender2314

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Taylor Racing   Shawn Taylor Racing EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:51 am

Pussy
Back to top Go down
MW90
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
MW90

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Taylor Racing   Shawn Taylor Racing EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:30 am

You must have hit your head on your desk trying to pretend you were in a real crash.
Back to top Go down
Bubba025
Graphical Manager
Graphical Manager
Bubba025

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Taylor Racing   Shawn Taylor Racing EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am

Inb4 another flip at Bristol
Back to top Go down
http://bigevilracing.com
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Taylor Racing   Shawn Taylor Racing EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:05 am

MW05 wrote:
You must have hit your head on your desk trying to pretend you were in a real crash.

Knowing Shawn, he probably pulled his wheel off the desk and hit himself in the face Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Taylor Racing   Shawn Taylor Racing Empty

Back to top Go down

Shawn Taylor Racing
Page 1 of 1