Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesRandom Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 FInzoqm

Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 SInIxxP

Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 8ZYsMSX

Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 Q1ZNvzf

Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 YtoHmfG

Random Discussion Thread VI

Go down 
+33
DeonS
Cory Spencer
Brandon Nicholson
D7H5
racemaxx31
BaltoRacing
worshiper20
Matt_Emerson29
Jonathan Taylor
Buckeye24
AuzGrams
MW90
-Schmitty-
Shawn_82
Steveracing7151
Chin
Doc
djman14
AntmanB
bmxrcodol04
blackfender2314
Keiichi Nakamura
Jake_Ace
Dylan Livengood
racer612008
Dan Mackay
Caleb Paul
Jordan Robson
Davey Alli-Rudd
trbfan
Bubba025
Lambert
lemonhead75
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 am

He panicked when it really started hitting him and he blocked every sim racer except basically me and nick.
Back to top Go down
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager
Chin

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Yeah, pretty sure he still has me blocked too.

Really sucks to see, he's a good dude when things are going well in his life.
Back to top Go down
Buckeye24
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Buckeye24

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:44 pm

He doesn't have me blocked either.

Ever since his grandparents passed away, he seems like a really nervous person. He posts a status nearly every day accusing someone of screwing him over. I guess that can happen when people have turned their backs on you.

I probably live closer to him than anybody here, but I don't see how I could help him. I wish there was a way though. :/
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:00 pm

I finally figured out my password. Took me an hour though.

First off I would like to apologize for causing any issues with my post. The last thing I want to do is do that so hopefully I havent done that so far. Every word that has been said thus far has made me feel much much better. You don't know how much it means to actually have some encouraging, supportive words.

I know when I was last here I think around 2011 or 2012 when my life started going down hill I said things and got very paranoid about the dumbest of things and I regret every word I said. I remember exactly who I said things too and the 2 I need to apologize too first is Jake and Auz. I don't even know if you guys even remember the stupid shit that was said but I do and I am really really sorry for it. I had a good thing going here, I was friends with most of you and always always had fun racing here. But instead of enjoying it, having a better time I was up and down every day with my attitude and many times during races I would overdrive my car and wouldn't race the way I know how to do so. Yeah I got a few Pro Line titles that way but it wasn't worth it. None of it was worth losing friends over and that's what I did.

I don't want to sound like a sob story or want to sound like I am just begging to beg but its not like that.

The short version is I did lose my Grandparents, they were my best friends in the entire world. I have never been good with death and my worst nightmare was always losing my Grandparents and thats what happened. I knew it was going to happen I just didn't know when. I loved them so much for taking care of me my entire life. I don't think I've ever explained my issue when I was born, the Doctor screwed up the deliver and resulted in screwing up my vocal cords and the airway. I had over 60 surgeries by the time I was 7, had a tracheotomy till I was 6. Still got the scar lol. But they took care of me even while taking care of every other kid or grandchild in the family. Since they died I just isolated myself into a dark world and haven't been able to climb out. I still haven't. I am not blaming anyone for my problems or what has happened but it still doesn't fix my situation. I went from a good place to live, even having to deal with my Mother and Sister but I also had my Grandparents there, had a nice computer everything I needed in my life and its gone straight downhill since and now I've got to beg people for money and just for support! I don't need just money I need support from family and my friends and neither have done that so far. You guys have sent more money and more support my way just TODAY than the last 5 months from my family. I just don't get it. I don't know what I've done, I really wish I did so I could fix it. And I am sorry about the facebook status's and blocking everyone. I was nervous that everyone here hated my guts and was half expecting people to message me about it. The status's aren't over exaggerated. I wish they were. And i am sorry if they do annoy you. Its plenty annoying having "friends" steal from me, go behind my back and the worst thing is them going to my Sister or family & spreading lies about me that resulted in me not even having a relationship with my own niece.

Anyways I will stop, I've got to thank Nick Baker and Ian Hann for their help tonight. They sent me enough money already to pay most of my bills and go buy some food. I feel bad for it but I am also thankful for anyones help I really am. I hope one day I can get a new computer and wheel and come back and race. One can hope.

Thank you again for your time..
Back to top Go down
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver
Doc

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Praying for you all the way from Korea, Jordan.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:59 am

Honestly I don't even remember that far back Jordan haha. It's all good though, I had a lot of fun racing with you, you were a competitive dude who refused to lose and was probably one of the best sim racers here at Solstice and a good dude, so you don't really need to apologize about anything. Hope everything starts working out better for ya.

Honestly I can relate a little bit to how you feel, depression is probably the worst fucking feeling in the world, that's what I've been feeling for the past 3 1/2 months and honestly I don't know what to do about it anymore (the only time I actually feel "good" is when I'm high off marijuana) It sucks seeing your mom in the hospital and not knowing what the fuck happened because you don't talk to her and you found out she was overdosed on fucking drugs. Not to mention everything else that I don't feel like blabbing about.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:41 am

Sorry to hear about what's going on with you too Auz. Depression is no joke.

And I feel you on the part about smoking. Its about the only time I feel good or get any relief either. Sadly.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Man, Auz. I hope everything is alright with your mother. Hope you can also get out of the depression. I know how much it can suck out of you, I've been through it.

I wish I could do something to make everyone here happy, healthy, and get them whatever they need to get there.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Gotta get through the shit yourself. Pills and drugs ain't the answer to that stuff. Mary jane is one thing, but all the other crap doctors give people with depressing just makes it worse.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 2:23 am

I just hate depression because the things you once enjoyed doing aren't as enjoyable as they once were. I honestly don't know if pills are the answer, but honestly I've tried it naturally & hoping time would fix things, but honestly I don't know if they will or not.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:13 pm

Thank u to everyone who's messaged me with support and for willing to help out so much so quick. You guys saved me this week with bills and being able to afford some necessities. Just wish so much of it didn't have to go towards friggen gas for going 3 miles up the road heh. Me an my mom are both really thankful. Without help from family its hard to get back on your feet they expect you to do it alone with no assistance. They all got new car payments to worry about anyways.

I

Back to top Go down
AntmanB
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 1:53 pm

someone please let me back on ts again - i wont use my mic on my computer anymore i swear
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:43 am

If theres one thing I've always loved about this place is how close we are. We are all like brothers, and brothers fight.

Jordan please feel free to reach out to me if you need anything financially. I am more than happy to lend out a few hundred bucks if it helps make the path less bumpy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
Lambert
Lambert

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:44 am

Well if y'all haven't heard, central Alabama and Georgia is basically a sheet of ice. Our meteorologist missed this by a mile. We were supposed to get a light dusting of snow (.1" or less), but ended up getting 3.5". It has made the Birmingham area a really large parking lot. I couldn't even get all the way home in my Civic yesterday when I got off work. I had to have my step dad come pick me up. There are literally over 1,000 people who had to spend the night in their cars and/or in shelter of restaurant, gas station, or where ever they could. The roads have about an average of 1/2" of ice coated on them and temperatures are not going to be over 30 degrees today. So all in all, it's a freaking mess and no one is going anywhere today. You northerners may laugh, but remember when don't have the resources y'all do when it comes to snow and ice. It's going to take a good 2 days before things are back to normal here.

This is a picture from my work yesterday.
Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 1471074_3846195249200_1774756506_n
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:03 am

Looks pretty normal to me, but I'm assuming they didn't lay dirt down on the roads before or after the storm.
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:36 am

Nope, we didn't get a warning of what was coming. Like I said, we were predicted to get a light dust, but ended up getting a lot more. We were unprepared for this, and we don't have the resources to fix it at the moment. And it's not the snow that's bad, it's the 1/2" of ice of which you can't see.
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 am

Dear lord, this is a shot from the Leeds exit. If you look behind the Chevron, that's the road to get to Barber Motorsports Park. This is right off I-20.

Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 1502652_10152182306609936_2053681232_o
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 am

Some people have been stuck in their cars on the interstates in and around Atlanta for going on 30 hours, now.

Once the snow hit, everyone decided to leave work at the same time and all of the roads became parking lots to where the trucks that could have helped couldn't and the road that had been salted before the snow hit, all turned back to ice as soon as everyone got on the roads.

The school systems all decided to go to school yesterday and only one of the school systems ended up getting ALL of their students home that night. (The county I live in, amazingly) Still a lot of a mess here, everything that's been salted today is going to freeze back over again tonight, since it will get below 20 degrees again tonight.

School systems, state officials, and businesses really dropped the ball on this one. The storm that shut down Atlanta for a week back in 2011 came through the night and blasted us with more than expected. As of Tuesday night, my area wasn't even projected to get snow at all, 12 noon Wednesday it was snowing pretty badly, and the streets were accumulating with snow and melting as people drove, then quickly froze again...

tl;dr Atlanta is never prepared for this shit and probably never will be.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 3:00 pm

Glad I live in Colorado.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:51 am

Glad I live in Florida lol. People can't handle their shit when it rains. I can't even begin to imagine ice.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:09 am

TheShermanator wrote:
Glad I live in Florida lol. People can't handle their shit when it rains. I can't even begin to imagine ice.

Exactly the same way it is here. People have trouble driving on the normal roads, even...
Back to top Go down
Dan Mackay
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
Dan Mackay

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:02 pm

sassy neegros, its that time of the month again, fork it over

and do it with the send money function, with "paying for goods and services" so there arent any deductions for paypal fees
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 8:24 am

This is something I haven't openly talked about, probably more because I didn't want to come to terms with the reality of it. I've mentioned before that my Dad has diabetes and complications from it. Sometime in the middle of 2012 he developed these open sores on his shin that have just never healed. It doesn't help that he's been completely neglectful of them and hasn't actively treated it until about a few months ago. Now his foot is infected and swollen and we're preparing to take him the to E.R. right now. Bear in mind all of us have tried to convince him to do this months ago, but through either his own stubbornness or denial he wouldn't.

Straight up I'm sure they'll probably cut it off, but I don't want to say that now. Either way things are probably about to get a whole lot tougher, especially with us trying to move my grandparents here from Louisiana. My grandma recently suffered a stroke and my grandpa has been diagnosed with dementia.

So not really looking for a pity party or a bunch of "thoughts and prayers" posts. I appreciate anybody even just reading this. Just know if I'm in a somber mood or not around that it's because we're trying to deal with this shit.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Damn dude, that really sucks. Hopefully your dad can keep his foot and it turns out to be more of a wake up call. Shit way to start out the year man.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 2:20 pm

My dad has always been that way too with his diabetes..but he actually found something that worked. Its called gymnasia or gemnasia sylvester, its a natural thing...its really cheap..and it took out most of his blood sugar issues and put his A1C level near normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread VI   Random Discussion Thread VI - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Discussion Thread VI
Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next