Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesTrucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 FInzoqm

Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 SInIxxP

Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 8ZYsMSX

Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 Q1ZNvzf

Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 YtoHmfG

Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile

Go down 
+10
lemonhead75
Jake_Ace
Daceag17
bakes991
Matt_Emerson29
trbfan
Jordan Robson
Caleb Paul
AuzGrams
TheShermanator
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TM93
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
TM93

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:08 am

lawl
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:39 am

He's right. At least Atlanta has had great racing. I've never been a huge fan of Dover. Always thought it was one of the most overrated tracks of all time in NASCAR..

I didn't watch the race today so I'm not sure how it went. But because they're wasn't a fight or insane finish I'm sure 90% of the fanbase is crying about it.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:48 am

I liked this race a lot. Only real reason though was because of all the rubber that made everyone slick. But also had some pretty epic battles, including for the lead. And then Kenseth and Mark just made two tires work and kinda buzzkilled JJ and Carl's battle lol.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Yea, that kept me interested. Even the leaders struggled with the track. I like when cars are slipping and sliding around like that. Always makes it more interesting as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Looks like I missed a solid race, I guess there were 23 lead changes and like 11 leaders... sounds like it wasn't too bad... It appears that Ambrose was running well and Vickers got a top 5, too. Guess Kasey Kahne ran too much tape or something broke in his engine again...
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:25 pm

His interview indicated to me that they had a carb issue, then he over-revved it on a RS because it would die over 8000rpm and killed it.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:12 pm

One step forward, 3 steps back.

Kasey Kahne's entire cup career.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Now that I think about it, I think it's time NASCAR should think about maybe going to/build tracks that are an entirely new market to NASCAR. Places like Colorado, Washington are perfect because they've never really hosted a Sprint Cup Race from what I recall. Hopefully that Colorado Motorplex that Caleb has been talking about can get a Nationwide/Truck Race soon.

Quite frankly I think it's a joke how much ISC and SMI has ruined the variety of tracks in NASCAR in the past 15 years. Such a damn shame that ISC had to close Pikes Peak, Nazareth, probably others I'm not even thinking of. Bruton Smith for getting rid of North Wilkesboro.

Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:15 pm

NASCAR doesn't care about small states. They want to race in the big markets (the places that really don't give a shit about NASCAR).

But, NASCAR is delusional.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:34 pm

133,000 seats and only 82,000 attendees.
The Nationwide race only song 28,000 tickets, same with the Truck race.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Jordan Robson wrote:
NASCAR doesn't care about small states. They want to race in the big markets (the places that really don't give a shit about NASCAR).

But, NASCAR is delusional.
Exactly.

Just about any good idea you can come up with, NASCAR's mentality is the exact opposite.
Back to top Go down
BaltoRacing
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
BaltoRacing

Number of posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:50 pm

lemonhead75 wrote:
133,000 seats and only 82,000 attendees.
The Nationwide race only song 28,000 tickets, same with the Truck race.

Whoever told you that 82,000 people were there for the race Sunday is lying their butt off. That wasn't even 50,000 people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gadgefan48?feature=mhum
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Yea, I'm sure those reports always fudge the numbers up just to try and make it seem not as bad.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:12 am

Right now with the economy, it would be really hard to allocate a budget to build a track capable of hosting NASCAR races in a new location (Washington State, Utah, the Dakota's, etc) and start making that money back before things get ugly (also see: NASCAR Hall of Fame). Even updating existing tracks to host top 3-series races is difficult. For example, Rockingham came close to getting a truck date but Hillenburg couldn't afford the safer-barrier.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:59 am

Doesn't help that NASCAR will not lower ticket prices. They are delusional in that department as well.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:03 am

The tracks are more a part of the ticket prices then NASCAR.

The only reason why I think the track being built here has any chance is because the dude whos building it has big money to blow if he wants NASCAR to come here, which seems like thats all they care about most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:04 am

NASCAR still has a huge say in ticket prices.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:10 am

I think you would be surprised when it comes to tracks own by SMI, or ISC. Track likes pocono are controlled by NASCAR though for sure.

I know Pikes Peak ain't gonna come back at all here either, because of the stupid ass contract they signed not allowing anything that competes with NASCAR on the oval. And the fact the owner is almost broke. I just wish NASCAR would have the trucks go back to CNS, Langley, Walt Disney, etc. And go to tracks like Irwindale and South Boston, and go back to the RC's like Infineon and Portland. That paired with the other local series there like they do with K&N would pack the stands. Because I'm almost sure they aren't getting more people at truck races then they would at a local short track.

But then again, that makes too much sense.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:28 am

Video now of Ty Dillon dumping Frank Kimmel for the lead and eventual win. And I mean straight up running him over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zhMfxRCr24
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:03 am

We need a Racing Discussion Thread, but it might be a waste of space lol

But on that note... No Cup JGR drivers this week in the Nationwide Series! Drew Herring will drive the 20 car this week and McDowell is driving the 18 both Iowa races! Very Happy Now if only Roush and Penske will learn something from them -_-
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:10 am

Highish res pic of the Nwide wreck coming to the white flag:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Sa2_FLrJHgo/TdAt6DxZacI/AAAAAAAApCM/Noxk_jlX5y0/s1600/crash.jpg
Back to top Go down
NascarManiaco99
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
NascarManiaco99

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:21 am

Ty Dillon totally dumped Kimmel, and he was clearly faster, he could've waited more two or three laps to make that pass.

On my mind, I'm thinking now what the drivers we're thinking when they saw Clint Bowyer car "flying"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:45 am

My lord that wreck could've gone much much worse. Glad Bowyers car didn't make its way on it's roof and onto pit road.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:47 am

i agree we need a racing discussion thread, better than having separate threads each week
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:49 am

Well have a "RDT" for general racing news and discussion and keep the race weekend threads going for the racing only discussions lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile   Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trucks/Nationwide/Cup @ The Monster Mile
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next