Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesRacing Discussion Thread - Page 12 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 FInzoqm

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 SInIxxP

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 8ZYsMSX

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 Q1ZNvzf

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 YtoHmfG

Racing Discussion Thread

Go down 
+21
Dan Mackay
mearsfan13
Matt Patterson
Lambert
lonewolf2864
Doc
Daceag17
KAuto26
Jordan Robson
TM93
BaltoRacing
trbfan
racemaxx31
Jake_Ace
TheShermanator
Shawn_82
Matt_Emerson29
lemonhead75
AuzGrams
Caleb Paul
bakes991
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:43 am

I'm now a huge fan of the V8 Supercar series. Holy crap that is fun stuff to watch. That looks more fun to race then NASCAR.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:49 am

Thats why we watch it live at like 2 in the morning lol.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:58 am

I watched 2 or 3 races a few weeks ago, they weren't live but it was freaking amazing. Its seriously like NASCAR except on Road Courses and more awesome lol.

I don't know when they come on live or I'd watch with you guys.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:58 am

Wheelin it:

Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 Stuckf

DTM Final from today:

Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:10 am

Jordan Robson wrote:
I watched 2 or 3 races a few weeks ago, they weren't live but it was freaking amazing. Its seriously like NASCAR except on Road Courses and more awesome lol.

I don't know when they come on live or I'd watch with you guys.

I don't think they're racing this weekend since they have a shiton of off weeks like F1 lol, but usually they have two races on Friday and Saturday nights from 9PM-2AM
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:23 am

Well I'm fucked lmao, I'm usually dead drunk by 2am Friday/Saturday lol.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Level 5 Motorsports has withdrawn their LMP2 cars for Mosport. It looks like they will be entering and withdrawing their cars until another team joins LMP2. And that will probably be Petit Le Mans. Apparently Team Lotus has an upgraded Radical SR9 chassis that they could use if needed in LMP2. That looks to be the car they will use next year, before they come back with a closed cockpit LMP2 car for 2013.

The picture for Le Mans is getting a little more clear for the future though.

-United Autosports is entering Petit Le Mans partnered with an established team in LMP2
-Honda will be running the ARX-01e next season, but not with a factory effort for now
-Nissan will likely jump into LMP1 with the Oreca 02 Closed cockpit chassis.
-Jaguar look interested in entering. If they do it would likely be with a Nic Wirth built closed cockpit car
-Toyota are likely joining LMP1 next year, Could be with an existing Lola chassis, or a new Dome closed cockpit chassis
-Ferrari are not entering LMP1 yet...But they are likely to enter LMP2 as an engine supplier.
-Bentley is rumored to be looking to enter an LMP1 car again.
-Morgan cars are looking to enter, but just basically in a sponsorship role, maybe engine help
-McLaren are entering GT next year.
-Final Rumours right now are around Red Bull using their NASCAR money and coming for Le Mans.

Le Mans Racing is about to get really..really good again.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf2864
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
lonewolf2864

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 am

My local sports talk station just said Jayski is reporting Edwards is going to Gibbs. I'm at work so I haven't been able to check it.
Back to top Go down
TM93
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
TM93

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:17 am

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20110718a

Quote :
UPDATE 3: Speculation about #99-Carl Edwards raged through in the NASCAR garage throughout the weekend, with unconfirmed reports that the stock car racing star - now back atop the Sprint Cup standings after Sunday's New Hampshire 301 - could definitely be heading to the Joe Gibbs Toyota operation next season and leaving Jack Roush's Ford operation. No one would say much at all on the record about the Edwards situation. However, it appears something is changing, or has changed. Just what, if anything, isn't clear. And yet still there was little more than more silence Sunday. No one involved was leaping into deny or confirm anything. Part of the speculation involves sponsorship possibilities. Edwards is considered one of the sport's most attractive drivers from a sponsor's viewpoint. And it is believed that part of the driving factor in the Edwards-Gibbs possibility could be Home Depot, the home improvement giant which has 'lost' five straight NASCAR championships to arch-rival Lowe's and #48-Jimmie Johnson.(MikeMulhern.net)(7-18-2011)
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:32 am

That would allow Asscrack to slide over and sponsor Kenseth if they choose to stay.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:47 am

Edwards has been on Sportscenter all day but he hasn't said anything about going to another team or anything.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 am

That's because he is still under contract at Roush.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:26 am

I have to say it would be very weird to not see Carl in the 99. I wonder if he won the championship this year if he would consider staying with Roush.
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Lambert

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:22 am

TM93 wrote:

Quote :
UPDATE 3: Speculation about #99-Carl Edwards raged through in the NASCAR garage throughout the weekend, with unconfirmed reports that the stock car racing star - now back atop the Sprint Cup standings after Sunday's New Hampshire 301 - could definitely be heading to the Joe Gibbs Toyota operation next season and leaving Jack Roush's Ford operation. No one would say much at all on the record about the Edwards situation. However, it appears something is changing, or has changed. Just what, if anything, isn't clear. And yet still there was little more than more silence Sunday. No one involved was leaping into deny or confirm anything. Part of the speculation involves sponsorship possibilities. Edwards is considered one of the sport's most attractive drivers from a sponsor's viewpoint. And it is believed that part of the driving factor in the Edwards-Gibbs possibility could be Home Depot, the home improvement giant which has 'lost' five straight NASCAR championships to arch-rival Lowe's and #48-Jimmie Johnson.(MikeMulhern.net)(7-18-2011)

Well I hope that does happen and Hamlin will leave Gibbs. I really like to Hamlin get back in a Chevy and go to either RCR, Hendrick, or SHR. Preferably to SHR. The way Hamlin and Newman work together, I think that would be good fit for Hamlin.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:46 am

I know SHR is weighing on the possibility of adding a 3rd team, but by the sounds of it, Edwards would be in the 20 and Logano would be moved to a 4th team...

The only option I see for SHR adding a 3rd team would be Martin if he brought sponsorship, but it doesn't sound or look solid at all...
Back to top Go down
BaltoRacing
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
BaltoRacing

Number of posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:41 am

ALLEN BESTWICK IS BACK IN THE BOOTH FOR THE CUP SERIES!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Allen_Bestwick_replaces_Marty_Reid_as_play-by-play_announcer_for_ESPNs_Sprint_Cup_races.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gadgefan48?feature=mhum
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:19 am

OH MY GOD ESPN I ALMOST LOVE YOU! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:42 am

ESPN did something right for once? O_o
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:52 am

i came
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:02 am

The Production will still be terrible.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:12 am

epicsauce brought to you by allen bestwick
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:43 am

trbfan wrote:
^
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 am

lul Newman's modified car confiscated by nascar
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:19 am

Lambert wrote:
TM93 wrote:

Quote :

Well I hope that does happen and Hamlin will leave Gibbs. I really like to Hamlin get back in a Chevy and go to either RCR, Hendrick, or SHR. Preferably to SHR. The way Hamlin and Newman work together, I think that would be good fit for Hamlin.

this ^^^ i would love for SHR to put a 3rd car on their team and sign Hamlin, Stewart and Hamlin have been teammates before and Hamlin and Newman work very well together, i would lovveeee it this happened and Hamlin went back to a chevy
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:44 am

trbfan wrote:

"5 laps are complete at Bristol let's go to commercials!" *While there's a 5 car battle for the lead*

Dumbshits -_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing Discussion Thread   Racing Discussion Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing Discussion Thread
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next