Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesRandom Discussion Thread - Page 31 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 FInzoqm

Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 SInIxxP

Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 8ZYsMSX

Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 Q1ZNvzf

Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 YtoHmfG

Random Discussion Thread

Go down 
+26
worshiper20
BaltoRacing
fbx94x
Keiichi Nakamura
ThatOneNASCARFan
lemonhead75
blackfender2314
Lambert
Matt Patterson
AuzGrams
TM93
Shawn_82
Dan Mackay
bmxrcodol04
Cory Spencer
Jake_Ace
KAuto26
Matt_Emerson29
TheShermanator
Caleb Paul
racemaxx31
Jordan Robson
Doc
Buckeye24
trbfan
bakes991
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:48 am

It appears that asteroid YU55 has missed us. But the first ever National Emergency Alert Test is in about 75 minutes. at 1 pm central.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:47 am

trbfan wrote:
It appears that asteroid YU55 has missed us. But the first ever National Emergency Alert Test is in about 75 minutes. at 1 pm central.
For some strange reason I've been looking forward to that since they've been advertising it so much. lol
Back to top Go down
Chin
Server Manager
Server Manager
Chin

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:56 am

Dan tell him you gave up the key to room 777.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:58 am

Ohai there Chin!
Back to top Go down
Keiichi Nakamura
Pedobear
Pedobear
Keiichi Nakamura

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:13 am

I have to fucking whitelist akamaihd.net to use twitter (unless I cant see any shit on twitter). this is uber fail. WTF
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:33 am

My dad is in the hospital. I didn't know it , but apparently my mom took him to the hospital for chest pains whiel I was at school. They aren't back yet, and I'm worried my grandpa is lying to me like my uncle did the day my grandpa died.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:57 am

Well they got to the hospital at 12:30 and they didn't get helped until 2:30
So far they have x-rayed him, doen an EKG, and given him pills, but nothing has helped.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:02 am

Sorry to hear that, hope he gets better.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 am

They also gave him a blood test and now they are giving him some other test but they still have no idea what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:51 am

The best place to be is the hospital, they'll find whatever it is soon just keep your head up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:00 am

Yea, and as I am finding out now..There are many more causes for chest pain than heart related issues. The back can cause chest pains, muscles can cause chest pains, anxiety can, any wide variety of things can.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 am

Hope everything turns out good man... if anything worse happens, thats the best place to be for it to happen. Not to overshadow whats going on with your dad man.. but I got some real shitty news today.

Well, got news that my dad is 90% cancer free yesterday, and then today one of our close family friends died.. He was the brother of our neighbor who is also a close family friend of ours, he was a kick-ass mechanic that knew the in and outs of any chrysler vehicle, and just last week he was here at the house helping us out with my/dad's Jeep, and then in a flash hes gone this morning.. they don't know what happened yet, but unfortunately they found him blue face first in his bathroom sink. Getting pretty fucking tired of things going good then this happens. Really worried for our neighbor right now, because even though he was her brother, he acted like a father to her.

R.I.P. John.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:14 am

SOrry to hear that Caleb.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 am

They finally found out what it is. They put dye in his blood and found out that one of his veins or arteries or something is about 4 times larger than it should be. My mom doesn't exactly know what is going to happen, but he is going to be moved to a hospital in Toledo and have a heart surgery tomorrow. It isn't supposed to be life threatening, but still...
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 am

Likely, that is something he was born with or it has been like for awhile, and it never caused an issue. The problem is more than likely a major annoyance (pain) more than anything.
Back to top Go down
BaltoRacing
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
BaltoRacing

Number of posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Crap, sorry to hear that Caleb. My prayers are with you guys. Good to hear your dad is doing better though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gadgefan48?feature=mhum
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Welp turns out my dad has an aneurysm near his heart. So lucky they found it before it was too late.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Sorry to hear Caleb... Lots of bad luck seems to be hitting this place lately.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:29 pm

Sorry to hear about that Caleb.
Back to top Go down
Keiichi Nakamura
Pedobear
Pedobear
Keiichi Nakamura

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:21 am

sorry to hear that caleb. hope everything would pan out for you and people close to you soon

anyways, in less than 12 hours, I'm officially back simracing (not nascar) for the first time in like 4-5 months. racing at okayama, practiced quite a bit earlier, running good, clean laps. derp
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:16 am

Another change of plans for my dad. Instead of doing just a minor surgery, the will have to replace his aortic valve. The surgery will take 6 hours, and he will be off work until mid January. So my family is losing its main source of income for a $50,000 surgery. My mom has already told me we will have to declare bankruptcy again (they did before back in like 1998). We should be able to keep our car and our house. My dad is going to go back to his hobby for the next month, selling things on ebay, in an attempt to make money. My mom gets paid $10 an hour for a part time job at Rite Aid, so she is hardly earning shit. My dad just tried to apply for disability insurance last month, but they denied him because he is taking blood pressure pills. Its so frustrating, because absolutely nothing we could have done could have prevented this from happening.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:08 pm

And my dad needs to be attended 24/7 for a few weeks so my mom won't be able to work either.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Heh, I guess this happens, but its kind of amazing to me that this kid I went to school with a few years ago in a small private school in a class of about 15 kids at the time, someone whose house I've been too, just got sentenced to 40 years in jail for armed robbery. This guy was only on probation for credit card abuse and vehicle theft.

At the same time my cousin is being released from jail monday, serving no additional time for breaking and entering and theft, after we know he has been taken in multiple times for drug use, has been caught with multiple stolen cars, has tried to burn the house (my uncles down), has openly threatened to kill my uncle.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:34 am

Add more to the pot of bad shit happening to the community of Solstice Racing:

A family friend, who we have know for about 15 years now, has disappeared/ran away due to overwhelming circumstances put on her by her family. They have been going through a rough patch as a family for a while and she left with only the clothes on her. She took off 48 hours ago and we are all hoping that she is safe and warm.
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:21 am

My dad just got out of surgery, and it sounds like everything went okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Discussion Thread
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next