Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesRandom Discussion Thread - Page 19 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 FInzoqm

Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 SInIxxP

Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 8ZYsMSX

Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 Q1ZNvzf

Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 YtoHmfG

Random Discussion Thread

Go down 
+31
burtonbraves
Bubba025
Lambert
Dan Mackay
BaltoRacing
Matt_Emerson29
Gordon24fan07
AuzGrams
F1V1
Daceag17
Cory Spencer
dkracer
bakes991
smokin_fast24
24_burnout_24
trbfan
Shawn_82
Alta
RockRod
Jordan Robson
lemonhead75
bmxrcodol04
Doc
racemaxx31
TheShermanator
ILIKECHEEZE24
Matt Patterson
NascarManiaco99
TM93
Jake_Ace
Caleb Paul
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:30 pm

GT Force is much better than a MOMO, but the shifter on it is a POS.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 pm

Sporting a new avatar for the week (I'll go back to the Kasey Kahne one eventually). I have officially jumped on the Jeffery Earnhardt bandwagon. After hearing about him being mentored by one of my heros (Jerry Nadeau) I'm pretty much forced to be a supporter! However I will still be a Jason White fan in the truck series!
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:56 am

Jordan Robson wrote:
Sporting a new avatar for the week (I'll go back to the Kasey Kahne one eventually). I have officially jumped on the Jeffery Earnhardt bandwagon. After hearing about him being mentored by one of my heros (Jerry Nadeau) I'm pretty much forced to be a supporter! However I will still be a Jason White fan in the truck series!

Good choice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:33 am

Rented Jackass 3 earlier and I'm gonna watch it later tonight.

I don't know if anybody here has Red Box where they're at. Basically they are these DVD rental Kiosks, usually near convenience stores and Wal Marts. Places like that. All you need is a credit or debit card. Then you type in your zip code, email address and you can just rent DVD's or BluRays straight out of the machine. They are only $1 per night and an extra $1 per night. Whenever you're done with it, you just take it back and put it back into the machine.

They are actually quite awesome. I think you can't rent games too but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:41 am

TheShermanator wrote:
Rented Jackass 3 earlier and I'm gonna watch it later tonight.

I don't know if anybody here has Red Box where they're at. Basically they are these DVD rental Kiosks, usually near convenience stores and Wal Marts. Places like that. All you need is a credit or debit card. Then you type in your zip code, email address and you can just rent DVD's or BluRays straight out of the machine. They are only $1 per night and an extra $1 per night. Whenever you're done with it, you just take it back and put it back into the machine.

They are actually quite awesome. I think you can't rent games too but I'm not sure.

Yeah they have those here too. There's a drive-thru one in town that's in the mall parking lot which even has a few PS3 and 360 games.

According to an article I read in the paper, they're putting places like BlockBuster and Hollywood out of business. Shocked
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 am

Not a surprise. You don't need any membership cards or anything. You don't have to pay 5 dollars for an entire week for a movie you'll probably watch once that night and be done with it. $1 dollar and a short trip to a local box.

That's another thing, you could rent a movie in North Carolina and return it to a box in Florida. That's what we did on our trip home from our grandparents house so we could watch a movie on the way home.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 am

yeah they are crazy popular here.........and if you think about it, a $1 a day is a hell of lot cheaper than blockbuster or another place. the blockbuster went out of business here but blockbuster does do those kiosks but they aren't as popular as redbox because redbox has been doing them a lot longer than blockbuster
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:40 am

Those redboxs actually put my holllywood video and blockbuster out of business. lol They got some different versions of them at like target, walmart, albertsons, etc.

BTW, ton of random classic NASCAR race's on ESPN Classic today, right now they are showing the 1985 valleydale meats race at bristol.

And Ned just failed and said a guys home town was colorado springs, californa lmao.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:49 am

May I suggest deleting the "Similar Topics" thing off the forum? I accidentally clicked one of the links and Avast had a double stroke over it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:44 am

Oh Jaaaaake Wink
Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 Sspx0310
Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 Sspx0311
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:20 am

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 am

Was this 2001 when Robby won?
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:26 am

yea this was the first cup race I ever went to and i want to watch it so bad

i had it on tape but i lost it,
shawn has a tape of it...
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 am

AuzGrams wrote:
GT Force is much better than a MOMO, but the shifter on it is a POS.

i dont use my shifter, it caused me blown engines because it is so touchy. I either use paddle shifters or x, square, circle, triangle to shift
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 am

I loved that race. One of the greatest races I ever saw Robby drive.
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:34 am

Very Happy

It was an amazing race, i re watched it this afternoon. Had me on my seat, even though i kinda knew the outcome. It was the first time i had watched that, and because the tape is basically untouched, the quality was AMAZING. Didnt look like your normal VHS tape. If i had the stuff/knew how to do it, I would put this whole tape on the computer, the tape has:

Full race (pre race-race-post race) -4hrs

then a bonus, when SPEED channel changed from Speed Vision, they had all these new shows. We have a recording of:

RCR 2001 Review/2002 Preview -2hrs

Interviews from:
Kevin Harvick
Robby Gordon
RARE NEVER BEFORE AIRED DALE SR INTERVIEW!!
Jeff Green
Richard Childress
Dale Jr

Its quite the little history tape i have. Id hate to give it away Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 am

So wait, Robby actually ran well the whole race? Not just used some strategy to get to where he could spin out Jeff Gordon for the win!?! D:
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:50 am

the two best VHS race tapes i have are the 1989 north wilkesboro race (where Earnhardt and Rudd spun each other on the final lap and Geoff Bodine went on to win) and the 2001 1st rockingham race, the first cup race after Earnhardt's death and Steve Park went on to win. that race was on a monday because it got rained out and it was a bitter sweet race for DEI because on the first lap Jr. wrecked out and then the race got rained out, but Park came back and won the next day Very Happy

.....the only problem with my 89 tape is that my dad switched over and started watching a redskins game about halfway through the race -_-
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 am

ahhh double post but....

I found this EPIC ASS POSTER in my closet two years ago. the 1987 winston poster with race pics and a group picture of the drivers. ive seen this in the backbround of some nascar movies when they interview people so im guessing its worth some money. my grandma found it for me like 6 years ago at a yard sale. she got it for like $10. i would love to know what its worth now!

Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 1987epicposter
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:18 am

That is sold on ebay from time to time for 80-90 dollars.'

And yeah idk what comcast did but ts is back up. And apparently where I got my haircut they had a micro scale to weigh shit, and apparently I had 1.3 pounds of hair cut off lmao.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:22 am

The only races I have taped on VHS is the 2002 Daytona 500 and the 2003 Sears Point race Robby won.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:16 am

DUDE. NOT. COOL.

Figures, going for my 3rd CASCOR win in a row tonight, hopped in the server around 8 but had Taxi mode engaged so I got back like not even 30 seconds before the grid left. I started like 17th and got my way up to the lead by lap 15. Not even a lap after I had gotten the lead the caution flew and then the server crashed. We comeback in and everyone fails badly at trying to restart the race and bam goes the server again lol. Figures soon as I got the lead it all went to hell.
Back to top Go down
racemaxx31
Sprint Cup Driver
Sprint Cup Driver
racemaxx31

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Yep, and due to my private chat fail, I will die next week. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Dan Mackay
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
Dan Mackay

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:06 pm

HEY DBAGS GET ON TEAMSPEAK
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 am

Please, somebody tell me they watched the Donald Trump roast last night. And heard "The Situations" god awful set. Holy shit. He almost got booed off the stage and apparently they even cut out a few of his "jokes" lmao

holy shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Discussion Thread   Random Discussion Thread - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Discussion Thread
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next