Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesNBMotorsports: 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
NBMotorsports: FInzoqm

NBMotorsports: SInIxxP

NBMotorsports: 8ZYsMSX

NBMotorsports: Q1ZNvzf

NBMotorsports: YtoHmfG

NBMotorsports:

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

NBMotorsports: Empty
PostSubject: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:45 am

Nick Baker restarts NBMotorsports for the chase:
Baker has announced today that he will be running out of his own team for the remainder of the season. NBM will once again field his Dodge's for the chase.

"I feel now I am more prepared to run my team again as I have learned a whole lot from Ian, among other guys. I appreciate Ian's hard work and all of the help he gave me at FOM."

Baker's sponsors all follow him to NBM and he will still run the #9.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:50 am

Baker preparing for Chase the best he can:
Under the circumstances, Baker says he is preparing for the Chase the best he can with all of the events that have gone on. The Solstice Proline Series heads to Darlington Raceway for Chase Race #1 and Nick Baker says he has a lot to work on.

"Darlington is one of my favorite tracks to run on, I haven't had much success there, but it's a fun track to drive. It's time to really turn on our A-game and do everything we can to contend for the championships. Getting in the chase is behind us, now we gotta light the fire and run for the championship. Can it be done? Sure it can, but we have to do everything right. Setups, Qualifying up front, running up front, avoiding wrecks, making the right pit strategies. It's going to take a lot of work, we'll have a break after Darlington, I think. Right now focus is on Darlington though."

Baker says his team will come in with more experience than last season and hopes that will help him out.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Nick Baker wins pole for Darlington, finishes 7th:
After making the chase for the third time in four seasons, Baker started it off right by earning his 20th career pole and his 2nd of the season at Darlington Raceway. He set the pace for the first run until the first caution came out, where he would lose the lead on pit road. He restarted 4th and quickly dropped back before getting involved in a wreck shortly thereafter. Baker then struggled for track position and was leading again after everyone made green flag pit stops, but he hadn't made his yet. A caution came out lapping everyone in the field except himself and Jordan Robson, the eventual race winner. After that, another long green flag run went on and Baker pitted with 11 to go and had a dismal stop, pit entry, and pit exit. He went into the pits in the top 5 and came out 7th.

"The pit strategy was a mix of things, me going in way too late and me not being able to drive into and off of pit road with the same amount of speed as the rest of the field. It sucks, because you feel like you might have something for at least a top 5 and prove it all night, then you wind up 7th instead of the top 5. Especially in the Chase, where you need top 5's to have a shot at the championship, every week. It was a good effort and all, but we fell off way too fast and couldn't fix it. It's frustrating having this kind of stuff happen week in and week out. Some of it is my fault, some of it is out of my control. Every time you have to move on and not dwell in the past, but it keeps getting tougher and tougher to do that every week."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 am

Baker says he has a few deals in progress for next season:
After parting ways with Full-Out Motorsports prior to the chase, Nick Baker says he has quite a few options for next season and he is working hard on a decision. He says running his own team is still out of the question, though.

"Me starting up NBM was a last minute decision and a temporary thing. I'm trying to sort out things, pick and choose what is best for me and my future team. It's a tough decision, with each team having so many benefits and one doesn't out weigh the others. I will take my time with it though, that's for sure."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:14 am

Talladega brings Baker into the championship hunt:
Nick Baker went into Talladega hoping to stay out of trouble, finish the race in the top 3, and pick up points towards a top 5 in the championship points. After 67 laps of intense 2 and 3 wide racing, quite a few on the edge restarts, and a last lap dash to the checkered flag, Nick Baker met all three of his goals as he picked up the Talladega win with help from Adam Codol and Brian Wallace. Baker led 22 laps, including most of the last run.

"It's one thing when you make a lap last pass for the win at these things, compared to leading a bunch of laps and winning it. Adam made a great move, I was a little late on the block, but he just couldn't find the speed to get past me by the line. When you go on a winless drought like the one I was one, you start to wonder if you'll ever win again. It's refreshing and now I'm 3rd in points and I'm in the hunt for this championship. Brian and Adam helped me out, it worked out that we were able to take 3 of the top 4 spots. When you don't have teammates for these races, you worry about how you will run, but those guys helped me big time and it paid off for both of them and me too!"
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:13 am

Quote :
-there was no mention on the injuries to Taylor (#82). Obviously winning has gotten to Bakers head.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 12:27 pm

Taylor had no injuries except massive butthurt Razz
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 5:16 pm

exactly, his tailbone was fractured
Back to top Go down
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver
Doc

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 1:18 am

bakes991 wrote:
Taylor had no injuries except massive butthurt Razz
lol
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 8:01 am

OFFICIAL, Nick Baker to run for Full Throttle Racing next season:
Nick Baker is pleased to announce that he will drive the #9 Chevrolet for Full Throttle Racing for the Solstice Proline Series next season. Fresh off of his Talladega win, Nick was being helped by future teammates Adam Codol and Brian Wallace.

"Those guys are great teammates and we've been teammates in the past and it worked well, so I enjoy this "second chance" with these guys, so to speak. We have great expectations next week as this time around, I bring in some knowledge towards setups, at least more than I did going into this season. I am pleased to say that it will be fun working with Brian and Adam, while trying to improve my driving skills, while also helping to improve their team. I hope I can make the very best of this opportunity that has been handed to me."

Baker says announcing this only helps out his Chase for this season, as it will be less on his mind and he can put 100% focus on the championship.
Back to top Go down
Dan Mackay
ARCA Driver
ARCA Driver
Dan Mackay

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 8:18 am

baker in a chevy, wtfux
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:13 am

5th at Road America keeps Baker in title hunt:
In a race where no one really had a good night, it ended up being a good night for Baker when he finished a solid 5th place at Road America. Baker had his fair share of issues including a lap one incident that he luckily came out of with no damage. After that, he moved up through the field and was up to 3rd at one point in the race. When things went bad, they really took their toll on Baker. Going into the hairpin, Baker lost his brakes and slammed into leaders Jake Poulin and Brandon Lambert (Both who went on to finish the race in the top 5 also.).

On the last lap, Baker was riding in 6th place when trouble happened to Shawn Taylor, a championship hopeful that need a strong finish, which allowed Baker to finish 5th.

"With the trouble Robson was having, I knew I needed to make the most out of the night, but it just didn't work out that I could get up to the top 3 like I would've hoped, but to finish 5th and be as fast as I was, it was a good night overall. Some hairy moments, feel bad about that one with Jake and Lambert, but luckily they finished in the top 5. We gained points on Robson and still have a good shot at the championship, too."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Championship hopes go away at Charlotte:
At a track where it was thought that Baker would be a force to reckon with, turned out to be false hope for the underdog of the championship. Running strong in the first half of the race turned to becoming a pinball in the second half of it. He ended the night in 8th, when he needs top 3's. "It started out as a great race for us, the way it ended was very disheartening and upsetting. I think at worst we were a 6th place car, at best could've won it, but when you have things go wrong every turn, then there's not much you can do. Move on, run next week, do what you can, but things aren't looking up right now."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:06 am

Martinsville mayhem lands Baker in 8th:
In what was a wild race and caution-filled night, Nick Baker brought home his #9 Dollar General Dodge Charger home in 8th place. Nick Baker struggled most of the night, but he was able to keep up with the pack for the most part. At one point, Baker used the high lane the best he could and he worked his way up to 5th doing that, which was the highest he got in the standings.

"Martinsville is a tough place, we survived it unscathed and brought home a solid 8th place finish. Not the best night, but not the worst."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports:   NBMotorsports: Empty

Back to top Go down

NBMotorsports:
Page 1 of 1