Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesNBMotorsports 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
NBMotorsports FInzoqm

NBMotorsports SInIxxP

NBMotorsports 8ZYsMSX

NBMotorsports Q1ZNvzf

NBMotorsports YtoHmfG

NBMotorsports

Go down 
+3
Jordan Robson
Buckeye24
bakes991
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:45 am

NBMotorsports, based outside of Atlanta and founded by Nick Baker, will once again form an ARCA Series team. Right now, the team is running 2 cars. Team owner/driver Nick Baker will run the #9 Dodge Charger while Jordan Hyland will join NBM in the #91 Dodge Charger.

NBM will have sponsorship from Dodge Dealers, Discount Tires, Dollar General, Great Clips, Valvoline, Stanley Tools/DeWalt. Both drivers are currently slated to run full time and for the championship.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:28 am

Nick Baker Daytona preview:
As the first season of the Solstice ARCA Series gets ready to start up, NBMotorsports team owner Nick Baker is all too well familiar with the first stop, Daytona. Though superspeedway racing has been tough on Baker in the past, recently he's enjoyed some success at those tracks. Nick Baker has 3 wins at the Daytona International Speedway with 2 coming at Solstice, one Whelen Modified race where a push from then teammate Brian Wallace and one in the Proline Cup Series last season due to avoiding a wreck that took out everyone except himself and one other on the last lap. The other Daytona win Baker has was in the CRI ARCA Series, where he dominated the 60 lap event leading 34 laps and bringing home his first ARCA win.

"I've had success at Daytona, I've had bad luck. I've flipped at Daytona and have gotten 2nds. Daytona is one of the most prestigous tracks to win at, no matter what series, everyone wants to win there. NBM has some new Chargers that are screaming to go, they are bad fast and look hungry. Teamwork is one thing that Daytona is good about, I know I wouldn't have a good shot without my teammate Jordan Hyland."

Nick Baker will be driving the #9 Dodge Dealers Dodge Charger in the Daytona 250.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:24 am

Discount Tires and Jordan Hyland team up for Daytona:
Jordan Hyland will drive the #91 Discount Tires Dodge Charger in the inaugrial Lucas Oil Slickmist 250 at Daytona International Speedway. Discount Tires, a long time NBM sponsor, has signed on with Jordan Hyland for a few races this season, starting at Daytona.

Great Clips and Nick Baker seek another Daytona win:
The last time Great Clips sponsored Nick Baker in a points Daytona race, the #9 team won. The pair hope for the same fate again. Great Clips is a longtime sponsor at NBM and have signed on to the #9 for a few races, starting at Daytona.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:36 am

Nick Baker to not run full schedule:
Due to admining issues, I'm not gonna run anymore races... Sorry about tonight guys, I thought I was gonna get a little more help with it than I did
Back to top Go down
Buckeye24
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Buckeye24

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-12-06

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:15 pm

Jordan Hyland uncertain about future:
Hyland came into Daytona with great expectations, but due to unexpected equipment failures, is unsure if he will be able to run a full schedule this season. If not, he plans to pursue his life long dream of becoming a professional breakdancer.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:19 am

Nick Baker picks up win in odd fashion at Salem:
After earning the pole at Salem, Nick Baker ended up as the winner in a thrilling finish at Salem. Nick Baker took his Dodge Dealers Charger to victory lane after losing the lead with 4 laps to go and gaining it back on a last lap, last turn pass while spinningo out. Ryan Williams, who led a lot of laps grabbed the lead after Baker wallglued with 4 to go and looked like he was on his way to the win, but Baker wasn't going to let him get it that easy! After catching back up in the final 3 laps, on the final turn or the final lap, Baker slipped his nose under the 55, who slammed the wall after getting tight out of the turn, slamming him off the wall into the #9 car. Both cars spun out and were spinning across the line, with Baker getting the win by 0.009 seconds.

"Oh yeah, it was a great finish. Sort of like the 2003 Darlington finish between (Kurt) Busch and (Ricky) Craven. It came down to the wire and neither of us wanted to give it up. I got my nose under him coming out of turn 4 and we both got tight off the corner and drifted up. He slammed the wall and bounced off of me and we both spun out. I ended up crossing the line while spinning to take the win. Had a decent car all night, led some laps, got the pole and the win. Good race overall!"
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:51 am

NBM cars get top 5's at the Glen; Hyland wins:
With two entries in the ARCA Racing AT THE GLEN 18 lap race, NBM cars both qualified and finished in the top 5 with Jordan Hyland getting the win in the #91 Dollar General Charger. After starting 4th, Jordan used strategy to get himself his first win of the season and thrusts him into the top 5 in points sitting in 5th. Nick Baker qualified and finished in the 3rd spot in his #9 Stanley Tools Charger. He ran in third pretty much all race and held off a late charge by Jake Poulin in the 36 car.

"It was a great effort by both NBM teams, speedwise the #9 was a tick better, but strategywise the 91 got everyone. I had a shot for the NBM sweep of the top 2 spots, but I just had nothing for the 55 car at all. It was a great race overall!"

NBM picks up 3rd team and driver with Trey Browning:
Just before the Watkins Glen race, NBM signed Trey Browning to drive the #22 Pennzoil/AAA Dodge Charger for the rest of the season. "The deal was so last minute that we didn't have time to prepare the 3rd car for the race tonight, but Trey should be in the race next week at Rockingham." AAA has already announced that they were sponsoring the 91 for a race or two, but they will join the 22 team as well."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:12 pm

NBMotorsports earns 2nd, 3rd, and 6th at Rockingham:
In a controversial finish, Jordan Hyland was passed on a restart by Matt Emerson and Nick Baker, but regrouped to pass Baker and almost catch Emerson to finish 2nd. Nick Baker held on to 3rd after leading a few laps towards the end of the race.

Trey Browning had ignition issues to start the race, but wound up 6th 35 laps down in the race.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Nick Baker Michigan preview:
Nick Baker has a handful of starts at the 2.0 mile D-shaped track with some top 5's and top 10's. One race in the CRI Pro Cup Series he had a shot to win, but ended up with solid top 5. In four races this season, Nick Baker currently holds the points lead by 7 points following a 10th place finish at Daytona, a win at Salem, and back to back 3rd's at Watkins Glen and Rockingham. "Generally at the bigger tracks, I have solid runs at, so I'm looking forward to getting to Michigan and possibly extending my points lead. A top 3 is my goal this week, but a win definitely wouldn't hurt. The #9 Great Clips Dodge had a top 10 the last race it ran, so it has some momentum for sure. The chassis last ran last week with the top 5, but it has a couple of wins in the CRI ARCA Series a while back."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:48 am

Baker to bring Salem winning chassis to Winchester:
Nick Baker mentioned that the same chassis he used to win Salem will return to competition at Winchester after he had a test session there earlier this week. "Oh yeah, the two tracks are very similar in shape and size, they are both a Bristol style track. We won at Salem and had the fastest car there and showed it at the beginning and at the end. Chassis number NBM-9B will return for the Winchester race, the first time it will race since it's debut in Salem. We had some body damage to repair, but we fixed it in time for North Carolina, but opted not to use them there and brought a new Speedway chassis there (NBM-9C). I have some work to do after missing Michigan and dropping in the points. We'll see how good we can run next week haha."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:44 am

Nick Baker excited about Talladega:
It's been a couple of starts since Nick Baker's first ARCA Series win at Daytona in the old CRI days, but he still remembers how exciting it was to end up in victory lane for the 2nd time in his career. "It's either been hit or miss at Daytona and Talladega as far as luck is concerned. At one point, every week in the CRI Superspeedway Series, I was wrecking out every race and just had no luck or fun. Lately I've been really strong and lucky at those tracks. We won the Daytona 500 in the Proline Series last season, that was a "right place, right time" win with everyone else wrecking out, but still, it was a win. Talladega I don't have any wins, but I do have a runner up finish in Proline last season, too. As long as my teammates show up, we should be good to go. Green flag pitting has always killed me in the past at Daytona and Talladega, just never been able to get it done right. We did well in Daytona in the Proline Series though, so hopefully I can learn from it again and gain spots on pit road. Strategy is simple, beat everyone ahead of me in points, but that will take some good calls and right moves on the track. It's tricky, but we'll have to wait until tonight to see what happens!"
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 pm

Baker picks up 1st Dega win with last lap pass:
In the small field at Talladega, there wasn't much room to mess up to be able to get a break with a caution. In fact, the first and only caution happened on lap 1 when Stephen Black misjudged his corner entry going into turn 3 and hit Keith Sherman on the bottom and shot up into Baker sending him around and into the outside wall. "Fortunately for our guys, there wasn't much damage to fix, so it was a quick stop the first time." For the next 35 laps, the race went green the whole way. Baker pulled off a great entrance, exit, and pit stop during the pit cycle with less than 10 laps to go in the race. "It worked out that I had Nick Kahrs and Jake Poulin to draft with for a three car draft to the 2 car draft of the leaders." Baker only ended up leading a few laps, but he led the most important one by shooting past Chris Wetz coming to the checkered flag to win it by .024 seconds and his first at Talladega. "I had some help with Auz Grams behind me and he stuck with me instead of trying to pass me, too. I don't think Wetz had anyone behind him as closely as I did. It was an exciting race with 3 wide racing for the lead a few time and for the top 5 positions."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Baker goes Back-to-Back at Pocono to pick up first Pocono win:
Pocono has generally been a good track for Baker in the past, but he hadn't won there yet. Yesterday, he picked up the Pocono win in dominant fashion while leading a bunch of laps and won by more than 7 seconds. "I think tire wear played into my hands, other guys were charging the corners very hard while I was easing it in and digging out of the corners, my tires fell off, but not as much as everyone else. When I was passed on the track, it took me a few laps to regroup and catch back up to whoever passed me, but it's hard to keep a good car down, we had a pretty exciting race and it's been a good season for competitiveness. Not sure how the points are looking for the #9 team, but we might be in the top 3 again."

Jordan Hyland wreck, loses engine en route to 7th place at Pocono:
The two NBM cars were looking good all throughout the night, but Jordan Hyland got involved in a wreck and his engine suffered major damage and then finally gave out. "Sucks to have a good car scraped like that, but that racing. I know Jordan's always trying to get the best finishes he can, while also trying to keep his nose clean. I think he just made a mistake and then someone slammed into him or something, so not all of it was of his doing. We'll look on to next week as a group and try to get the 91 guys another win this season."
Back to top Go down
Buckeye24
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Buckeye24

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 am

Jordan Hyland sues owner, refuses to race
After a failed engine at Pocono, Jordan Hyland was left to sit and watch the rest of the race. This follows claims by Hyland that his owner, Nick Baker, is abusive and refuses to pay him more than $0.22 per race. After discovering that he was given a motor with only two cylinders, Hyland has decided to take legal action against his owner. He has hired a lawyer and is in the process of taking the issue to court, where he plans on suing Baker for an undisclosed amount. He also plans to sit out this week's race at Chicagoland.

(Actually, I'm gonna be playing soccer with some friends, but I liked this story better)
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 am

Jordan Hyland gets counter sued, on charges of theft and battery assault:
After learning that he was being sued, Nick Baker counter-sued Jordan Hyland and immediately fired him from the racing team. This battle looks pretty nasty, and could potentially end a long standing relationship between the two. Nick Baker claims that Jordan Hyland stole the two cylanders that he is currently being sued over for, while also claiming that Jordan Hyland met him as his hauler after the conclusion to the Pocono race and brutally beat him. Baker stayed in his helmet the whole day at Dover the following day for the Proline Cup Series.

(I just felt like a smartass counter-sue was very much needed, Jordan isn't really fired, but he better be here tomorrow to S&P at Infineon so I can afford to run the whole race Razz)
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:56 am

Last lap pass takes win from Baker, Baker takes points lead:
After leading a huge chunk of laps, Nick Baker ends the night in 2nd in a spectacular pass in the final corner of the race. "It was an exciting finish, not exactly what I had in mind as I figured he throw it in there and slide up the track into the wall, but when he stuck I was hard on the gas and my right front tire chattered and let him take his momentum all the way. I went high there because I figured he would make that move, but I didn't expect it to work like that. It was an incredible pass, and he really earned it!"

Matt Brinson in the 09 car made the winning pass on Baker, but Baker was almost as excited as Brinson was. Also after 9 races, with 5 to go, Baker has a 23 point lead over Matt Emerson, who has been having some bad luck the last few races.

"Having the points lead is awesome, but I know Emerson can gain on me, I just need to be the one to finish right behind him when he does gain. I think a current dark horse for the championship could be Sherm, he's getting the decent finishes to be 3rd in points right now, just looking at me and Matt to make some mistakes, it's going to be a tough 5 races, though, that's for sure!"
Back to top Go down
Buckeye24
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
Buckeye24

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Jordan Hyland assaults owner
After tonight's race at Chicagoland, Jordan Hyland met his team owner, Nick Baker, in their team hauler. There, Hyland reportedley struck Baker multiple times with a cylinder Baker claimed that Hyland had stolen. A brief exchange between the two was caught on television cameras, but the reported assault was not. Baker is being treated overnight at the University of Chicago Medical Center for a skull fracture, possible brain damage, a kidney rupture, and bruised toenail on his left foot.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 pm

He already had brain damage! Why did you make it worse!
Back to top Go down
Doc
Nationwide Driver
Nationwide Driver
Doc

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2009-09-02

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm

I would've done the same.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:02 am

Emerson Praises Hyland For Ass-Whooping He Gave To Baker

should've broke his legs so he couldnt race at CSR next week Razz jk baker
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:20 am

Outpouring of support for Jordan Hyland continues as driver Keith Sherman condones his actions towards Nick Baker

Sherman was quoted in an interview as saying that it was "about time he got what was coming to him. What Jordan did was what alot of people have been wanting to do for a long time."

Sherman was immediately swarmed by his PR department and rushed away from the scene for fear of violent repercussions.

Razz
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:34 am

You're all banned from the series now......
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:48 am

Does that mean I win? Razz
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:48 am

You still have to beat me Razz
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:37 am

Nick Baker picks up 4th win at CSR:
Nick Baker picked up his 4th win of the season but missing a wreck that took out Jordan Hyland and Matt Emerson to win the race. "We probably had at best a third place car, but got the win somehow. Not sure how I missed that wreck, just got under those guys to miss it. Pretty good racing all night with Matt and Jordan, all three of us looked pretty even all night. At one point I was over a second and a half back and caught those guys, but once I got behind them, I couldn't go anywhere at all, tough place to drive, tough place to pass. I was slippin and slidin everywhere, but man, that sure was a fun track! Sucks that Matt and Hyland wrecked to end the race there, they were the two best cars tonight, but it happens I guess."

On his 4 race tear, Baker has earned 3 wins and a 2nd place and has extended his points lead over Matt Emerson to 27 points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NBMotorsports Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports Empty

Back to top Go down

NBMotorsports
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next