Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesCup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica FInzoqm

Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica SInIxxP

Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica 8ZYsMSX

Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica Q1ZNvzf

Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica YtoHmfG

Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica

Go down 
+3
Jake_Ace
lemonhead75
racer612008
7 posters
AuthorMessage
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica Empty
PostSubject: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Thread for this week!

Spoiler:

Last edited by racer612008 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeffreystoycloset.com
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Back to top Go down
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:21 pm

That truck race was really good at the end! Awesome battle with Scott and Larson
Back to top Go down
lemonhead75
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2107
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:11 pm

3 Ryan's in the top 10 in the Truck race. Blaney, Sieg and Truex in that order.
Back to top Go down
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 am

10th annual North South Shootout today at Caraway. Modified feature soon. And apparently PASS told all of the media to not to cover their feature race by any means of electronic news feed or social media among other things. Below is some rage!

SPEED51 wrote:
The first race of the day is the PASS Super Late Model event: Speed51.com followed PASS policies and asked for consent to provide fans live updates of their event to promote the series, the drivers and the sponsors, but consent to do that was not granted.

Corey Latham wrote:
Jay Fogleman win the PASS feature at Caraway.......not that anyone would know as the PASS series doesn't allow or want media to say anything about their series, if you so much as tweet something about the race while it is happening they ask you to leave. Very weird group they are.

Matt Weaver wrote:
The Pro All Stars Series (PASS) features some of the best Late Model action in the country but you’d never know it unless you attended one of their events.

That’s because PASS doesn’t allow their media contingent to provide live updates during their races. Instead, they want to be the sole content provider, opting to direct everyone to go to their Facebook page and receive updates there.

This is problematic on several fronts. First not everyone has a Facebook account, especially PASS’ admittedly older demographic of middle-aged men and their families.

This weekend’s PASS North/South Challenge from Caraway Speedway is taking place but you won’t hear much about it. And how do I know that?

These are the same antics that plagued October’s All-American 400 at Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville, a race now sanctioned by PASS – also a race that I attended.

Before really shooting themselves in the foot in how they handled their rain-shortened procedure and how they eventually awarded Ross Kenseth the win, they damaged their reputation even further by telling the media that they were not allowed to provide any updates via social media or electronic news feed.

When we questioned the policy, a PASS official responded by telling us that it makes sense for a sporting organization to want to be the sole supplier of their content.

The response was an overwhelming, “No, it does not,” and we proceeded to do our jobs without their consent.

Imagine the NFL without ESPN or better-yet NASCAR without SPEED and Fox Sports. Brands can’t grow without trusted experts (journalists) telling their constituents that an event is important and that they should care.

Despite its status as a big four Super Late Model race, all of my NASCAR Twitter followers had no clue what the All-American 400 was, surprising considering the level of star power represented in the field that night. And it’s easy to see why when PASS doesn’t allow media to provide content to their quality race-starved fanbase.

This was even more confounding after I visited the hallowed PASS Facebook page, which had only 1700 followers and roughly 15 race updates over four hours. And before anyone asks, of course PASS doesn’t use Twitter — that’s too complicated for them.

For a racing organization to thrive in the digital age, they have to accept the evolving social media landscape and the reporters that use them to enhance the reputation and stature of their sport.

Speed 51 is the short track source and provides the most extensive coverage of short track late model racing in the country. Think of the Bob Dillner-led group as the SPEED of short track racing and even they aren’t even allowed to provide live coverage at this weekend’s PASS event.
Instead, 51 had to give this apology to their fans — motorsport diehards who want nothing more than to support PASS.

“The Pro All-Stars Series does not allow live coverage of its events. Speed51.com would be more than happy and able to provide more exposure for all PASS competitors and series sponsors as well as help promote the series’ event prior to the race.”

But they’re not allowed. Good luck getting that level of coverage on PASS’ Facebook.
Back to top Go down
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Well, the NWS race was interesting to watch. Sadler shot himself in the foot again for the 2nd year in a row. Wanted Vickers to win though Razz And at least the K&N race was on TV. Sucks that it was 50 laps
Back to top Go down
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Back to top Go down
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 am

LOL WAT
Back to top Go down
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 am

Last edited by racer612008 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 am

What in the monkey$@!* was that. Race overall was awesome. Awesome that Harvick/RCR won. Not sure what to say about Gordon and Bowyer. And NASCAR........ Um.... Do you know what a caution flag is. And,

Steve Wallace wrote:
And I thought I used to start s**t
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 am

Race control needs to make up their fucking whether they want the race to finish or throw the yellow, it seems like its different every time. that was pathetic to let the field race to the checkers with a oil and a slow car in harms way. Imagine if Harvick would have spun out there? Yea all the teams up front would have probably be screwed because of the fuel, but that's what NASCAR created when they made the 3 GWC's rule. they were lucky there wasn't a major crash at Watkins Glen because of the oil but this time they got burned, lucky nobody was hurt, Danica's car almost went over the pit wall.

/endrant

Edit: sad thing is, this race will probably help the popularity of the sport by bringing in more yuppie fans.

Last edited by Jake_Ace on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BaltoRacing
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
BaltoRacing

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:00 am

Well, I'm going to try to do this in the best way possible. I'm just as upset at Clint as Jeff is after how he has raced us this year, but at the same time we should of handled that better. It is just a messy situation to be a part of. I'm going to go ahead and personally apologize to everyone for what happened there. I personally wish it didn't go to that lengths, but at the same time I understand why he was upset. But I hope what happened on the track today does not affect friendships I have with my fellow NASCAR fans. Being a 24 fan, I can tell you it's not a good feeling to be apart of this. But I will say one more thing. Although today wasn't a good day for the 24, I will stand with my driver, my hero no matter what. All of us have made mistakes and people have still stood by our sides afterwards, and that's what I will do with Jeff. Again, I'm sorry guys for what happened there, but I'll stand by Jeff even in his lowest moments.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gadgefan48?feature=mhum
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:36 am

Not sure if Jeff Gordon in the 24... or Carl Edwards...
Back to top Go down
hatebreeder67
Go-Kart Racer
Go-Kart Racer
hatebreeder67

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:32 pm

ULTIMATE BOWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://sim-monsters.com
racer612008
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
racer612008

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm

100% Agreed with Brad!
Back to top Go down
Wobble
Street Stock Racer
Street Stock Racer
Wobble

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 am

I only have 10 things to say.

1. They don't let us curse on American tv
2. Tv would be much better if they let us curse
3. I think I'm starting to like Brad Keselowski
4. I think I'm starting to hate Allen Bestwick.
5. I don't think B.K. races bad at all
6. I know what its like to be blamed for shit that other people do and its ok when they do it.
7. Carl Edwards should be in jail. lol
8. I don't like Jeff Gordon anymore. (thanks for making the race entertaining though!)
9. I'm starting to like Clint Boyer
10. I found this to be the most entertaining race all year and the best finish since Watkins Glen. If not throwing yellows at the end of races gives us finishes like this, I say continue doing that. I don't give a shit, I found the ending thoroughly enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica   Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica Empty

Back to top Go down

Cup/NWS/Trucks/KNPSW @ Phoenix, NHRA @ Pomona, MotoGP @ Valenica
Page 1 of 1