Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesNBMotorsports - Page 2 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
NBMotorsports - Page 2 FInzoqm

NBMotorsports - Page 2 SInIxxP

NBMotorsports - Page 2 8ZYsMSX

NBMotorsports - Page 2 Q1ZNvzf

NBMotorsports - Page 2 YtoHmfG

NBMotorsports

Go down 
+3
Jordan Robson
Buckeye24
bakes991
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561
Registration date : 2008-12-11

NBMotorsports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Baker hope to keep points lead through tough stretch:
Historically in the last few track of the schdule (ORP, Iowa, Firemans Park, and Toledo), Nick Baker's stats are not very solid at most of them. ORP he has some top 5's, but he doesn't run good there most of the time. Iowa, he hasn't seen outside of short tests there. Fireman's Park, he had a 2nd place finish there, but he feels he lacks on the dirt tracks. Of the 4, Toledo has been his strongest track, he has strong runs there his last few starts. He hopes the stretch can at least keep in close to the points lead, if not in it. Any of the top 4 in the points could leave with the championship and with a 27 point lead, Baker is hoping it is enough to last him for the rest of the season.

"It's tough to look at the schedule and see tracks that I haven't been up to par with on there, I know that the points would have been a lot closer without a last lap wreck at CSR last week. I plan to use my Proline strategy here, but surviving these races and being there for the end. Hopefully in Toledo, I can pull of the championship with a win!"
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:23 am

R&D Computers to sponsor Baker:
In an announcement Saturday morning, NBMotorsports and R&D Computers announced that they have reached a deal to become partners. Nick Baker's current employer will sponsor the #9 NBM Dodge Charger for a one race deal at Toledo and a majority sponsor for the smaller races next season.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:01 am

ORP leaves Baker wondering:
After starting the race in 4th, Nick Baker quickly moved up to third while his closest competitor in points Matt Emerson took the lead. He drove past Shawn Taylor after he almost spun out, but got tapped by Baker to keep his car straight. Baker was gunning down Emerson to try to grab the lead, Emerson's one slip allowed Baker to pass him. After a caution, Baker kept his lead and it was once again a battle between him and Emerson. With 25 laps to go, Baker let Emerson by thinking Emerson would do the same thing as the first run, but after that, Emerson didn't look back and won the race. Baker finished 2nd to him.

"Well, I let him by because I thought he would do everything to keep in front of me and abuse his tires, but he played it very safe and it won him the race. He did a great job there, especially with all of the pressure I continuously put on him, so yeah, it was a credible win. I wasn't trying to let him win, I was just trying some reverse pshycology and made a bad decision. Still a very close points battle, just gotta look at the big picture, not the little ones. As long as I keep in touch with Emerson when I'm not beating him, hopefully I'll be good. I don't want to have to try to force it at Toledo, but if worse comes to shove, then so be it! It's been a good clean battle all season though, so I think it'll stay that way, I trust Matt, hopefully he trusts me, too!"
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:29 am

NBM to switch to Challenger:
So far having a successful season with the Dodge Charger, NBMotorsports announced that Dodge plans to run the Dodge Challenger next season. So far this season, Baker has racked up 4 wins and Jordan Hyland has a win at Watkins Glen, too. "We've been excited about running the Dodge Charger this season, but Dodge wanted to change it up and run the Challenger next season. Hopefully we can get Dodge the championship and finish out the season strong with a win at Toledo, too. The future of NBM is looking bright and I hope we can build our team up and add a team or two that will run the full schedule and try for the championship, too."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Fireman's Park makes points battle "too close for comfort" for Baker:
After finishing the most disappointing 4th, Baker left Fireman's Park with only an 11 point cushion for the final two races. "We've hit a bump here as of late, ORP I made the mistake and tonight Emerson was just too good. I haven't raced at Iowa much, but hopefully I can finish ahead of Emerson and keep some distance for Toledo, 11 points is just too close for comfort, but I won't let it get to me, we just need to keep strong and hope for the best. It's been a great battle and an exciting one to be a part of."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 6:20 am

NBM acquires cars from Penske Racing:
Nick Baker and his team will be sporting new cars that Penske Racing used to win Bristol last season and the championship with Brad Keselowski. "Yeah, we picked up these cars to try to help out with the championship for the ARCA Series, we've been using old Evernham cars, but we decided to update our cars to the 2010 specs and we'll debut our newest car on Wednesday."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:54 am

Nick Baker says part time most likely for him next season:
After a very strong season in the inaugural ARCA Series season, Nick Baker says his current plans for Season 2 is a part time schedule running mostly short tracks and the road courses. "Right now those are the tracks that I need to learn more and have trouble with a lot. For some reason, I can't get the braking tracks down, road courses have been tough on me, and short tracks aren't my specialty. I think I might run the Atlanta race, but right now it's a stritct short track and road course schedule."

Baker is currently leading the points with 2 races to go in season 1, but his points lead in 11 and both tracks are short tracks.
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:41 am

R&D Computers to sponsor Baker:
In an announcement Saturday morning, NBMotorsports and R&D Computers announced that they have reached a deal to become partners. Nick Baker's current employer will sponsor the #9 NBM Dodge Charger for a one race deal at Toledo and a majority sponsor for the smaller races next season.

[UPDATE] R&D Computers announced that due to losing a major customer, they do not have the funding to sponsor Baker for the Toledo race, also they will have to pull out as a sponsor for Baker's future races they have. "It sucks that they lost that customer, but it happens. We'll go on, Dodge quickly picked up the race at Toledo though, hopefully I can win the race and make it 5 for the season."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 am

Ryan Williams found dead outside of trailer at Toledo; Nick Baker is the main suspect:
After finishing 2nd with Baker charging off the corners better than him, Ryan Williams was found beaten to death outside of his trailer after the race. Unforunately no witnesses were around, so the only suspect is Nick Baker, who was unhappy with Ryan for not giving him room during the race. "I don't know why people think I did that to him, yeah I was mad because he wouldn't give me room to try to get by him or wouldn't let me by him, but I'm not the person to beat other people in the first place because most likely I'd get my [explicit] kicked."
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:17 am

bakes991 wrote:
Ryan Williams found dead outside of trailer at Toledo; Nick Baker is the main suspect:
After finishing 2nd with Baker charging off the corners better than him, Ryan Williams was found beaten to death outside of his trailer after the race. Unforunately no witnesses were around, so the only suspect is Nick Baker, who was unhappy with Ryan for not giving him room during the race. "I don't know why people think I did that to him, yeah I was mad because he wouldn't give me room to try to get by him or wouldn't let me by him, but I'm not the person to beat other people in the first place because most likely I'd get my [explicit] kicked."

[UPDATE]Police have found out that a killer rabbit is the culprit of the Ryan Williams case. Nick Baker has been cleared of all charges and will not get any penalties.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 am

So who was the killer?
Back to top Go down
Jordan Robson
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jordan Robson

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 am

Nick Kahrs
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:22 am

would not be surprising lol
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:31 am

The killer rabbit killed him
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:32 am

The killer rabbit or walrus?
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:38 am

Can you not read, woman? I said killer rabbit...
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:41 am

lo siento
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:49 am

I win Razz

That's minus two points towards your championship therefor relegating you back to 2nd in point, thus making me the champion!
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:58 am

i think not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBMotorsports   NBMotorsports - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NBMotorsports
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2