Solstice Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solstice Racing. Sign ups are now open for the new seasons!

HomeLatest imagesNew Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations 7c3K2F7RegisterLog in
Donate

Please donate to make sure things keep running here.
Like our page
Our Partners
New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations FInzoqm

New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations SInIxxP

New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations 8ZYsMSX

New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations Q1ZNvzf

New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations YtoHmfG

New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations

Go down 
+8
AuzGrams
bakes991
Matt_Emerson29
trbfan
TheShermanator
Shawn_82
Jake_Ace
Caleb Paul
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388
Registration date : 2008-12-11

New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations Empty
PostSubject: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:07 am

http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-potential-player-in-nascar-tv.html

The current NASCAR TV contract expires at the end of the 2014 season. The featured networks since that agreement began in 2007 are FOX, ESPN, TNT and SPEED.

The Daly Planet has learned that a new potential player may emerge and seek to participate in the sport's TV package. 2014 might seem distant, but NASCAR intends to get the new contract completed by 2013. That allows for a season of planning, budgeting and logistics.

What this means is that 2012 will be a year of negotiating. The current TV package has been both a blessing and a curse. The blessing came in the form of 4.5 billion dollars from the NASCAR TV partners. Back in 2005, when the deal was done, NASCAR was the toast of the town.

The curse came in the form of TV influence affecting everything from race start times to critical issues within the sport. At times, viewers have been seemingly driven away by the race coverage of the very networks who rely on TV ratings to pay the NASCAR bills.

What NASCAR has and TV networks really want is content. The sport runs actively for ten months of the year. The two month break comes conveniently during the winter holiday season. NASCAR has no collective bargaining, no unions and no player reps. A TV network is buying a product totally controlled by the sanctioning body.

Currently, the Sprint Cup Series TV is sliced into three pieces that do not match. FOX is an over-the-air broadcast network. Trying to distribute long-form national sports programming through local TV stations is not a future model for professional sports.

TNT is a cable TV entertainment network. The six summer races produced by the network serve as a platform for promotion of the network's entertainment series. Neither FOX or TNT carry any additional NASCAR programming other than the pre-race show and races. That is also not a model for the future.

ESPN originally aired most of its races on ABC, but ran into the same issues with logistics and local stations. Now, 14 of the network's 17 races are on cable TV. While ESPN may promote itself as NASCAR friendly, the tensions have been rising between NASCAR and the network for the last several years.

ESPN also handles the Nationwide Series while SPEED produces the Camping World Truck Series telecasts. There are little twists in the current deal. SPEED gets Daytona's twin races and the All-Star race. In return, SPEED pays to have the NASCAR Media Group produce non-racing shows from the tracks like RaceDay.

The potential player on the horizon is a household brand. In a world where some TV networks seem more like conduits of endlessly themed programming, this player is different. It brings a nicely balanced global media perspective that may open a door beyond the US. One desire of NASCAR continues to be better worldwide distribution.

There are only a handful of media companies who can play at the high-roller table of TV rights negotiations. When the dollar conversation moves from millions to billions it quickly separates the men from the boys. This potential player has a long history of success in exactly that type of game.

Maybe the hardest part of entering into an extensive new programming agreement is having the TV infrastructure in place behind the scenes to go to work and get the job done. This player can produce and distribute an almost limitless amount of live and edited content.

While NASCAR has a history with many broadcast and cable TV networks, there is no history with the new potential player. Rarely in the media marketplace does an opportunity come along to begin a fresh relationship with a clean slate and get the same results. This situation has that dynamic.

The final clue in this riddle is simple. You already enjoy many hours of programming created by this company. Bringing an established media brand to a new TV contract is going to be key for NASCAR. The sanctioning body must know that the integrity of the new partner is solid.

As things move forward, it should be interesting to see when the new potenial player emerges and announces it has arrived. In the meantime, have fun guessing who might show-up and change the entire landscape of NASCAR TV as we currently know it.

I almost thought they we're talking about VS. until I remembered that they are becoming NBC Sports. So I'm thinking it might be Discovery, since they show TONS of racing on Discovery HD Theater.
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

Number of posts : 2800
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 am

im thinking discovery or history channel it would be weird though

or comedy central lawl
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:33 am

either way TSN will still show the coverage and shit it up with their abrupt and unsynchronized commercial breaks. I would love to see VS do it. I dont think Discovery would be a good fit for the sport.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Taylor-Racing/16781941995050
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:41 am

I highly doubt a channel like Discovery would go into live sports broadcasting.

NBC or maybe TBS would seem more likely.
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:55 am

i would love to see nascar on NBC or CBS again but when they said no history with nascar that threw me off

and when they say its a household station that really points towards discovery
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 am

this is the biggest curve

Quote :
While NASCAR has a history with many broadcast and cable TV networks, there is no history with the new potential player.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:13 am

Shawn_82 wrote:
this is the biggest curve

Quote :
While NASCAR has a history with many broadcast and cable TV networks, there is no history with the new potential player.

Scanned through the article the first time so I didn't catch that part.

Quote :
This player can produce and distribute an almost limitless amount of live and edited content.

When has Discovery ever broadcast anything live, let alone a whole season of something.

Last edited by TheShermanator on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:15 am

I think it's TBS TBH.
Back to top Go down
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:23 am

RobbyG723 wrote:
I think it's TBS TBH.

Quote :

New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations NASCARonTBS
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:31 am

My Predictions:
Lifetime
Oprah Winfrey Network
Hallmark Channel

What? They clearly want more Drama.

Seriously though, I could see USA doing it. I doubt it would be someone like CMT. Hopefully it will not be HBO.

I am fairly confident it wont be BET or MTV though.
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:34 am

USA seems like a possibility. As huge as the WWE is on their network, they could probably promote and boost ratings.
Back to top Go down
trbfan
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:40 am

I know some people that already call NASCAR WWECAR. Its a perfect fit.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 am

i examined the story and im 500% sure it will be one of the following channels

BET
Food Network
HGTV (Home and Garden TV)
Military Channel

but on a serious note i could see VS. doing it or maybe Turner might do everything like have the truck series on TRUtv, Nationwide on TBS, and cup on TNT or another Turner channel since nascar is already on TNT
Back to top Go down
Jake_Ace
Solstice Legend
Solstice Legend
Jake_Ace

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 am

im thinking USA now
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:20 am

is USA owned by Turner???
Back to top Go down
TheShermanator
Admin
Admin
TheShermanator

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 am

USA is owned by NBC Universal.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Emerson29
Matt_Emerson29

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:49 am

oh fail lol
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

Number of posts : 4561

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:52 am

Could A&E be a choice? They've dipped into NASCAR by sponsoring one of the biggest drivers out there... (Tony Stewart) Although, I don't know if they have any ties to NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, or TBS
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:06 am

I think it's probably USA or Versus, maybe Spike, unless you still consider them as TNN.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Paul
Admin
Admin
Caleb Paul

Number of posts : 4388

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:08 am

QVC TBH
Back to top Go down
https://solsticeracing.forumotion.net
Shawn_82
Shawn_82

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 am

New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations Treehouse_tv
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 am

Food Network?
Back to top Go down
bakes991
Admin
Admin
bakes991

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 am

Do you think Larry the Cable Guy will eat Jimmie Johnson.
Back to top Go down
AuzGrams
AuzGrams

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:27 pm

It's obvious that it's on Horse Racing TV, it can still retain the racing part, but we can still keep the horse racing going by going to Dover Downs, and Springfield Mile, along with various other tracks that could be setup for both. We will have some good two horse tango racing at Daytona and Talladega as well.

We could have the Future Faggots of America on one of the cars, and John Deere along with many other good horse affilliated companies.

Back to top Go down
KAuto26
USAR Late Model Racer
USAR Late Model Racer
KAuto26

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Lifetime. I already got a movie script started
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations   New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations Empty

Back to top Go down

New Potential Player In NASCAR TV Negotiations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next